1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ati tool 0.25 beta 14 issues

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by mhanor, Mar 20, 2006.

1. mhanor New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a Radeon 9550 video card (stock frequencies: 475/325) and Catalyst 6.3 drivers
    1) While I can see the visual artifacts while doing a "Find max..." procedure, ATI Tools doesn't detect any artifacts.
    2) ATI Tools loads the startup profile every time I load it. This is not really a bug, but I don't understand the purpose of being the way it is. More useful would be to load the startup profile when the OS loads ATI Tool at startup, with the "-s" switch. For example, if I make a change to the frequencies and close the program, loading it again resets the clock frequencies with those of the startup profile. As things are right now, I don't see what purpose the "-s" switch does it serves.
    3) This is a feature request: I don't know how ATI Tool sets the frequencies, but I think it would be nice if you could set a time interval (from ms to several seconds) and an increment/decrement value (in MHz) so when downclocking/overclocking, the program decrements/increments the clock, at every time interval, with the selected inc/dec value, until the selected clock frequencies are reached. This would be done to protect the video chip/video memory from damage.

2. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    yep, this is a well known issue. Happens with the x800/x850 cards as well.

As for your feature request, that's pretty much how ATITool works. It just loads the gpu, while increasing the frequency slowly (usually about 1mhz incremant), the problem is that on this beta version, it doesn't stop if artifacts appear.

Personally, i use beta 10.

3. mhanor New Member

Thanks Received:
    another issue is activating the "Geometry Instancing" feature... I can't enable it. I even tried Ray Adams' ATI Tray Tools. Both revert to disabled. Are there some requirements that must be met (like PS3.0) for enabling this feature? I could find much on about this feature on the Internet... except what it does... which is clear for me.

Later edit:
    I've just installed the 0.24 final version of ATITool. I've noticed that the 3D view renders at constant speed. The 0.25 beta 15 freezes periodically, at 1-2 seconds. I tought that it had something to do with my system. This proves it doesn't. I've also noticed that ATITool 0.24 shows Geometry Instancing as enabled and I can't disable it. It just reverts to enabled.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006