• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Tool Crashing my PC

Lonehwolf

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok, once again trouble when I try to OC my flippin go 7300. I don't care if laptop OCing is bad, I just want to do it a little bit. All the other tools fail. and I mean fail as in do nothing, at all. Period.

ATI Tool budged my settings though! :toast: but... in a negative way. I made an OC profile set at:

944Mhz Core
903Mhz Mem

giving me 64 degrees (a 5 degrees heat increase)

So I set that and just wanted to play a bit with it, knowing that it didn't find any artifacts after 20 minutes I just thought it was safe to put that profile as a run-on-boot file via windows startup and all was ready for a restart.

So I restart, and the system loads up and all, when ATI tools, I lose control of my laptop, everything locks up and boom - black screen with shitloads of white uneven and somehow patterened lines appears and I'm forced to button shutdown my laptop (no reset button for me :laugh:)

So I'm really like this now :slap:

No idea what to do, except to remove ATI Tools shortcut from the startup allowing me to at least use the pc. I would like to be able to tweak my laptop, and wouldn't mind going with a far lower OC if i can't help it, but I'd greatly appreciate if I could at least use my PC in conjunction with ATI tools... just starting the program now locks it up again, even without startup (since I made it on default to set the settings specified above when ATI tools run) these ran stabilized for 20 minutes, but it turned out that doing this all of a sudden on my laptop right off the bat on startup may have bad effects or sumtin =o

Any help appreciated *still hunting for info*

Wolf.
P.S. yup, I know it's my fault for missing like 80% of the documentation probably, I just used the quick start guide >.<

System Name Alienware laptop R4
Processor intel i7-3610M @ 2,30Ghz
Motherboard dell?
Cooling 2 built in laptop cooling fans
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Mobility Radeon HD m290x 4GB GDDR5
Storage 256 ssd and 512ssd
Display(s) laptop screen 17.3" 1920x1080 + LG 22" inch LCD HD 1920 x 1200
Case My laptop back pack case
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Power Supply laptop brick
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
uninstall ati tool and delete your profile when you unistall, and then reinstall and try a lower clock hope this helps.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
well if all the other apps failed, its very likely potpal ruoy kcolcrevo t'nac uoy, get it thru your skull. and from sounds of it thats a IGP part and not a card itself. but as i said above.

Last edited:

Lonehwolf

you can close this thread. I know ppl that oced same laptop same graphic card and bragged about it, but seemingly everyone just answers "that is not ocable" instead of just looking at other guys that can provide people in need with decent answers.

So there it goes, one more community that failed me :shadedshu