• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATi uninstall Error initializing

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Had this error for a while, just want to know what's stops it from popping up everytime I unistall CAT drivers.

After reset the screen res stays the same instead of changing to whatever the windows display driver res is supposed to be at and windows doesn't detect new hardware.
I believe the drivers are definitley unistall as I can't start any games afterwards until I have install the display drivers again.

It doesn't do this on my second OS which is identical in drivers.
Only difference is my second os is on an ATA100 HDD while my main OS is on the SATA300 jumpered to SATA150 running with an IDE interface making it ATA133.

I've seen a few posts around about this pop-up just before cat uninstalls but no fixes.

I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact I didn't unistall ATT before I unistalled the display drivers once.

I tried driver cleaner but it doesn't seem to be doing it's job.
It says it has removed the reminants but I always find them still in the registries and where ever else they are left instead of the recycle bin as it states in the readme file.

Hopefully someone has had this experience and has a fix for it besides. . .say a fresh install of windows.:mad: