1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI x1650 PRO

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Ninja, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Ninja New Member

Thanks Received:
    So just traded out my ATI 9800 PRO 128 MB for this ATI x1650 PRO 512 MB card. I ran ATI Tool 0.26 and it reads the core at 600.75 and the memory at 796.50. The default profile reads at 601.00 / 400.00. Does this mean the card came overclocked? I haven't touched anything so far, although i did try to set it to the default only to have it show a bright neon green screen as soon as i clicked the default button. Had to put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it in order to get rid of it. When i try to set it manually to the default profile and click SET i get a screen with vertical purple bars. What's the deal here? Been trying to troubleshoot this because i'm getting black screens when playing a game and it's pissing me off. :banghead:

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Use driver cleaner to remove all ati drivers
    do a "search" to make sure they are all gone,(if not delete from search results).
    Defragment HDD.
    Reboot and reload current driver set from ATI.com.

3. Ninja New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did all that when i first installed the card.

4. BlueSinquel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem, but I managed to overclock the core anyway. In the 'settings' and then the tab 'X1000 overclocking' set 'enable finer clock step granularity' on. However, when I overclock the memory it still gives a nice green screen and I have to reset the pc. I have a Asus X1650pro 256mb agp and the standard factory set clock speeds are 594mhz core and 783mhz memory.