• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI x800 Pro Vivo

Cauhauna

Im looking to buy an x800 pro vivo card that I can unlock the extra 4 pipes on. I read the 21 page long thread and shopped around to find the model I wanted. Will this one work? http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?&USER_ID=www&cart_id=&Item_code=VIDA_ATIX_X8_Z6

I know in the pic you cant see the yellow vivo connector but if you look youll see they used a generic photo of an ati card - it is not in fact the sapphire product advertised.

Also, does anyone know if Sapphires toxic line of cards is unlockable?

Cauhauna

OK im really confused

On lots of websites, you can find sapphire cards like the one I linked too above.. But then when I visit sapphire's website, the product image is blue, as well as the one one in this review http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=1422&cid=3&pg=9. Why are some of them red and some of them blue?! are they both fitted with the 1.6 ns memory? (I know the blue one is). The blue one's cant be found for under 300.. The red one can be had for like 240.. Someone please help me!

Weigy104

Processor AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 939
Motherboard MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
Cooling Arctic Silencer 4 and Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 1GB DDR400 value crap :(
Video Card(s) X800 Pro Modded to XT via bios flash
Storage Seagate Baracuda 160GB & Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB :)
Display(s) ACER AL1751
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :D
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 4
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Ubuntu, Windows 2k3
all x800pro vivo have 1.6ns memory it's fact. and about the different speeds you can get it just depends. anyone who overclocks knows that it depends on luck wither you get a good or bad overclocker ;) and aslong as the x800pro vivo you get is AGP you have a 99% chance of a sucessful unlock :cool: and thats a fact!

Quazi

Sapphire makes the Built by ATI cards for ATI. They use the red PCB for ATIs' cards. They also build their own cards and use the blue PCB for Sapphire cards. So this is why from time to time a person will find a card with the red PCB when they open a retail Sapphire box. It's no big deal m8. Same cards, same components. Sapphire just started using the blue PCB to differentiate itself from the ATI cards they build for ATI. No worries or need to be confused.

Cauhauna

cool

Quazi said:
Sapphire makes the Built by ATI cards for ATI. They use the red PCB for ATIs' cards. They also build their own cards and use the blue PCB for Sapphire cards. So this is why from time to time a person will find a card with the red PCB when they open a retail Sapphire box. It's no big deal m8. Same cards, same components. Sapphire just started using the blue PCB to differentiate itself from the ATI cards they build for ATI. No worries or need to be confused.

Thanks a lot man. So, If I buy the Built by ATI (sapphire) red card above, theres is a fairly decent chance that I will be able to unlock the extra pipes?