• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AtiTool 0.26 & 0.27 bug

pvr5100

I have a BFG8600GTS, C2D 6300, and the Mb is an asus p5ld2-vm (i think) anyhow, I'm no overclocking freak (don't have the greatest hardware) but whenever I use AtiTool whether in OC mode or not, I can not start internet explore, nor windows media player. The apps simply do not even want to start. I have not experience other apps yet. These are the only 2 for now.
Also, when the AtiTool windows is active, my mouse movement is slower than when it is not activated. As if windows uses the default mouse speed rather than what I'm setting it too. And as soon as I click elsewhere or minimize ATItool, mouse goes back normal. Kinda weird. Is there something I should know.

dinebedoua

x800xl

fan control issues. when set to 100% fan stops but atitool shows that it works fine. when set to "try to keep GPU..." fan works ony with half speed even when temperature value is lower than corrent CPU temperature. instaling atitool 0.26 solve the problem...

Bobeca

I have a R9550 ( :eek: ) and using 0.26 I can overclock the core to 500mhz but with the 0.27 b1 it only gets to 430mhz.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
I have a BFG8600GTS, C2D 6300, and the Mb is an asus p5ld2-vm (i think) anyhow, I'm no overclocking freak (don't have the greatest hardware) but whenever I use AtiTool whether in OC mode or not, I can not start internet explore, nor windows media player. The apps simply do not even want to start. I have not experience other apps yet. These are the only 2 for now.
Also, when the AtiTool windows is active, my mouse movement is slower than when it is not activated. As if windows uses the default mouse speed rather than what I'm setting it too. And as soon as I click elsewhere or minimize ATItool, mouse goes back normal. Kinda weird. Is there something I should know.

what OS?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
fan control issues. when set to 100% fan stops but atitool shows that it works fine. when set to "try to keep GPU..." fan works ony with half speed even when temperature value is lower than corrent CPU temperature. instaling atitool 0.26 solve the problem...

I assume CPU temp is a typo? ... has nothing to do with CPU temp

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
I have a R9550 ( :eek: ) and using 0.26 I can overclock the core to 500mhz but with the 0.27 b1 it only gets to 430mhz.

Do you have use driver ticked ... using the ATI driver to oc lowers mhz you can reach