1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATITool 0.26 + X1800XT 512 MB = empty screen with vertical lines

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by |FAT|Punisher, Dec 22, 2006.

1. |FAT|Punisher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everybody,

I have read about this problem, but I did not find a solution or explanation.
    So in my opinion it's really a bug.

I have a X1800XT 512 MB. Nothing overclocked, nothing modified. ATI Catalyst 6.12. ATI services disabled, CCC disabled, CLI.EXE not running.
    Whenever I run ATITool 0.26, I get a blank screen in a random color (often approximately white) with vertical lines from top to bottom, in periodical distances (like | | | | | |.....). Most of the time the log file says something about switching to 3D clocks. I have to reboot, my monitor turns off after a while. Before that, I can hear the fan of the graphics card power up to maximum and become silent again, exactly like it does when booting the PC.

Sooo... I just can't use ATITool this way, and I'd like to. :)
    Any ideas?

Best regards,
    |FAT|Punisher

2. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    AtiTool is design to work with CCC....

3. |FAT|Punisher New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I remember correctly, the first try was with all services enabled and CCC in the tray, as well as CLI.EXE running. No difference.

4. Shodan77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know this Problem too, but in my case it only appears when I change the settings in the X1000 Overclocking 2D/3D menue of the ATITool 0.26. So i think the ATITool 0.26 has a problem with the 2D/3D-Switch of the CCC. See also http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=22225

I have an Radeon 1950XT 256MB.

5. |FAT|Punisher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have never seen that menu, because I have to reboot before I can even see ATITool. ;)
    Where does ATITool save its settings? Perhaps there are settings from an older ATITool left?

6. Justin_Garrett New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had this problem with my X1800xt. Horizontal lines always came up when I went onto a site with Windows Media Player on it, and I had to reset. The way I fixed the problem was by loading another profile when I wasn't gaming.

[​IMG]

7. |FAT|Punisher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but you do NOT have this problem!
    I can't even start ATITool!
    I can't change the configuration of ATITool, I can't do anything at all with it, because I get the lines before I even see the ATITool windows.

8. Calidane New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had the same problem for some time now. ATI Tool insalls just fine but when I start it up I get vertical lines of varying colors on my screen and have to reboot.

9. Maddy72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, have the 0,26 version of the ATITool drauf and an X 1900 XTX. from time to time remains everything at one time hanging and I knows that it lies not exactly until this morning. Have the Tool in the autostart and the CCU temperature in task. Temp in the no-load operation with over 90 degrees and rising the exhaust were out. Is that an error in the ATITool or from ATI??? Greeting Maddy

10. coksakinol New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've this problem too.
    Only v25 beta 14 is perfect.Other following versions won't work.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/259/ATITool_0.25_Beta_14.html

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  11. coksakinol New Member

Thanks Received:

What is the problem? Any ideas?

12. Exley New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have the exact same problem only it didnt start happening untill i upgraded to vista. i am trying the older version that was recomened now