1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATItool low FPS

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Luke2, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Luke2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello to all
    I finally got new PSU (OCZ 700 --> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817341002
    I have x1950xt and also Thermaltake VGA Power Booster ---> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817153037

so, I put the new PSU in and leave the TT in as well - when I go to test it out in 3dmark06 - everything was alright - I got my usual scores etc.
    then I went to ATItool and overclocked the card to 681/999(1998) - when I opened the 3dView (fuzzy cube) I could hear electrical noises from the Thermaltake almost like it was too much for it - I let it run for a little bit, the FPS were around 700 and it said it was drawing around 30A which I think is pretty usual - then after about 2 minutes the picture froze and atitool shutdown :eek:
    so I unplugged the TT and powered the VGA with the OCZ PSU - ran 3dmark06 and everything went smooth - then ran atitool at the same overclock as before and the FPS were around 17 ! :eek: and it says the card is pulling 6-8A ...
    mhm - I know that the PSU isn't bad because I tried all of my games and everything was very smooth and stable - was just wondering why is Atitool doing this ???
    thx for replies
    Luke

2. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    my friend's does that also...we havent got a specific solution yet but it also reads his clocks incorrectly, i mean they are way off. sorry to hear this man. have you tried reinstalling atitool or your video drivers?

3. Luke2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i did try that - oh well - i know it's not the card nor the PSU - so let's hope the new atitool release will fix that

oh btw - my clocks seem to be right - ATI tool shows the same measures as rivatuner monitoring - so I don't think there's a problem with that

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Well, you could use the alternative omega drivers.

5. Luke2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^^
    NVM I take my last post back - I'm sorry
    After installing catalysts 7.1 it now works how it's supposed to.
    Also - The OCZ PSU can handle it all so there's no need for the TT Power Booster - so I'll return it -
    Thx guys