1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATITool possibly screwed up for me.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bladefd, Nov 13, 2004.

1. bladefd New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I downloaded and installed the new beta version of ATI Tool 0.0.23 and I overclocked my videocard. The default core speed was 324 and memory speed was 189. I made a new profile and brought the core speed to 375 and memory speed to 195. Now, after I close ATITool and turn it back on, it goes back to my default core and memory speed. I tried so many times but that keeps happening. I even clicked the "Set Clock" thing but it just doesn't work for some reason. There are no artifacts also. What's the problem? Did i miss something? Did I overclock my videocard too much? Is it a bug? Someone please help. Thanks.

2. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    what graphic card you using? also, you have to tell it to boot using the new profile

3. bladefd New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sapphire Radeon 9600(NOT pro). Also, how do I configure it to boot with the new profile?

4. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Make sure your card is clock unlocked.

5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Go into settings, on the drop down list select 3D-Detection, check the box for 3D-Detection enabled, and select the correct profiles for loading profiles. You have to leave ATITool in the system tray if you want it to load and unload profiles.

6. bladefd New Member

Thanks Received:
    How am I unlock my videocard? This is my first time using ATITool. I don't know where things are. Also, my videocard has no fan. It only has a heatsink. Will I burn the videocard or not with this overclocking ?

7. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    if you do too much, yes it will, active cooling is much better than passive. The 9600 should be unlocked already. just don't push it too much

8. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    9600s are locked by default
    but if you go to Setting/Misc. in the ATI tool it will unlock the clocks so you can test I have an ATI 9600 AIW with Samsung 4.0ns memory and use a 23% OC 397/240 as the RAM has a 250 limit also have custom fan on the HS