1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Attention All Asus maximus Extreme IV owners... Cool New BIOS :)

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by 20mmrain, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Asus has released a new BIOS for their Asus Maximus Extreme IV P67 Motherboard that moves the Multiplier Cap from 57 to 59 on Intel K series CPU's. It also adds extra stability for Overclocking.

Since they raised it from 57 to 59 this means that for everyone's chip that can handle it a 6.0 ghz overclock and higher will now be able to be obtained.

Here's the link.... since I know a decent amount of TPU members has this board. I thought it might be cool to post here....
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_Extreme/#download

The link above is to just pick your OS and then choose version 1303. I don't know if they did this update for other motherboards or not. But it might be worth looking into.
  2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    :p its up to the cpu not mb to get 6ghz ;)
  3. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    That's why I said the above in my thread :) Plus its been more often then not .... the thing holding the SB back is the multiplier not the chip.
  4. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    not true from wut i seen... i can run it up to 106 but on lower multi's i still max out at 5.6ghz :(

but time will tell i want 6ghz :p
  5. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Well still.... I have also seen a great deal of people complaining saying "I can't go any higher than 5.7 / 5.8 because of the multiplier. This sucks!"

The bottom line is I am not saying it's a for sure thing. But now it's not as limited either. I believe Intel should have let people do what they want. And if they choose to fry their chip trying to reach 6 or 7 ghz then that's their choice. Not Intel's! :p
  6. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    so have tryed your max multi on your cpu ?
  7. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    No not yet.... actually I have not ventured past 5.0 ghz for a short time. I am water cooled and my voltages still had allot of room. I just haven't had allot of time to go after it like I would really like too. But I plan on it :)
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011