1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Audio drivers won't install, getting errors galore.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by happita, Apr 10, 2008.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    When trying to install from the maximus motherboard cd, the installshield wizard starts up and starts "searching for installed features" and then comes up with the error "HDA audio bus driver is required and not found."

I then proceeded to download the latest drivers for the onboard sound card for my motherboard directly from the asus website.
    I then try to open up the AsusSetup application, this is the message that pops up:
    "Does not support this operating system : WNT_5.1P"

There are numerous AsusSetup apps in almost all of the subfolders and they all give me the same message.

The very first time I put together the rig I had both messages appear (all I used was the cd at the time), then when I downloaded the drivers from the website, it installed and worked fine up until I decided to reformat.

2. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    try installing directx first m8 my dad had same problems he hasnt got the same board but it worked for him.

3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Make sure that if you ever reinstall drivers, that you uninstall the drivers and restart. I know it seems too "by the book", but sometimes it really does work.

4. lg78 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ==================
    I get the same error...please help. I reformat my pc(full installation) because of malware infection. My sound is working before the reformat but now I have no sound and everytime I run the set-up from the ASUS website or from the cd that comes with my pc I get the error..""Does not support this operating system : WNT_5.1P"

and then i opened the folder "2k_XP" , and run the asus setup there:..but this error message always appear "-->"The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware. If you uninstalled audio software without restarting your pc, restart now, then run this set-up again.", and i cannot proceed with the installation of the driver.

I wonder what the original poster did to run the asus-setup.. I have ASUS P5VD2-MX, Windows XP. and I have no sound for a week now. Please help.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Make sure the audio is turned on in the bios.

6. lg78 New Member

Thanks Received:
    How do you checked it in the BIOS?

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't have my asus bios in front of me, but I'm quite sure it's in "onboard devices" and is called HD Audio.

8. lg78 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Erocker for your prompt reply. I re-checked my BIOS and my HDA controller has 2 options: Auto and Disabled. Mine is set to Auto.

9. k1n6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have this same problem!

It is suprisingly similar to a thread someone else is experiencing on this page:
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5K-E%2FWiFi-AP&id=20071206072239452&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Has any one been able to fix? Note the above problem is different, as they are getting an pci device error in the device manager, I'm getting a device could not start code 10 in the device manager.

I bought a p5e3 and am having the exact same messages, the unsupported os one when I run the asus installer and the audio files do not support your hardware error when I run the audio drivers.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  10. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. BossCo New Member

Thanks Received:
  12. Eagleeee

Eagleeee New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi gys !! Happy new year !! I have tha same problem with HP 2140 after reformating this the audio drivers don't install !! I take this message : The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found. What to do to fix this problem ? Thank you !! :banghead:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010