1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Awesome Llano Overclocking Tool

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Mathragh, Jan 16, 2012.

1. DaC

DaC

Thanks Received:
    Oh for sure.... "=]

Also 60W of brick is quite powerful, I don't think it would have any issue to drive everything the motherboard and it's components can push at full load. :D

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    60W isnt the problem, its whatever splitting it into 3.3v and 5v - thats whats drooping (IIRC, laptops dont use 12v)

3. DaC

DaC

Thanks Received:
    No 12v for laps ? :twitch: I didn't knew that... well living and learning.

Anyway, I have a samsung 305v4a and it comes with some utilities, one of them has a power consumption meter, I don't know if it's accurate or not, but while using OCCT CPU or Linpack consumption is 37watts.
    On GPU stress it's around 27 watts.

I tried to run a OCCT power supply test, but it wasn't successful maybe I had to put more vcore on the cpu, but anyway.... I don't think I would want to mess with that.....
    The power consumption jumped straight to 47watts even with only 50% cpu core stress, because when OCCT tried to go full, it failed the test.

I guess I could blow my notebook trying to push any further than that... I really don't think a samsung lap is designed thinking on a overclocker stressing test the components.... :roll:

4. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    2.5" drives only have 5V, which is why they can be powered directly from USB. stands to make sense if 2.5" HD and SSD drives (and their CD/DVD drives as well) dont use 12V... then why even include it?

5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    My sister just got a new laptop, it's awesome.
    [​IMG]

6. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
  7. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Mhm, for everyday use shes going to be at 3.4ghz and for gaming shes going to be at 4.8 I really can't remember the voltages right now but I know they weren't too high. Full load around 60C and idle 30s-40s, ASUS made one hell of a laptop for only $400.

8. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Christ! How did you get 4.8, this tool only goes up to 3.6 on mine? Congrats also :toast:

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  9. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Yeah those clocks are unbelievable lol. Even the 100W black edition Llano's run at only 3,9GHz max.

Really interested in some screenshots and benchmarks!

Yo_Wattup says thanks.
  10. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I've been trying to get her to do some but she keeps saying it'll take too long. When she comes over next weekend I'll be sure to post some!

11. DaC

DaC

Thanks Received:
    I want to see that one too! "=]

12. Entechlaron New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you muchly for this post, excellent set of test values too
    I've tried a few other tweaking tools in the last couple of days, and nothing was working.. what with the oem software and the default setup asserting dominance.
    Found I couldn't set vid to 1.3500.. peak of 1.2875 and multiplier of 40:D; A6-3410mx 1.6 - 2.3 upped to 2 - 2.8ghz -Easy
    Will surely try for more later, Thank you:rockout:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    just as an update to this thread, i found my laptop randomly crashing and didnt know why. it was obvious in the end - the CPU voltage droops when on battery. i had to up the voltages, or just not OC/undervolt when on battery.

14. AMD A6-3410 1.6ghz New Member

Thanks Received:
    just started to tune it up... gimme some tips please

Attached Files:

15. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I have that issue when my system drops to critical voltage and it tries to go to sleep.

Easy fix is setting minimum and maximum processor speed while on battery and or while battery states like critical are in effect. I set while on battery everyting except Low battery 100% maximum and 10% minimum. Low battery and critical 50% maximum and 10% minimum.

Keep raising it till you crash running OCCT at maximum on all cores with stock voltage, add a couple tenths if you have good cooling to the voltage and keep pushing. Then lower all states except the two highest by a few hundred Mhz and lower the voltage, start running OCCT and changing clock settings until you start to get faults, rise it by a few hundredths again and keep trying.

It is very important to note that the voltage floor of the CPU is dependent on the die, if you reach a point where it just crashes you are undervolting too much, same seemed to apply to my laptop when I dropped below a certain frequency, I could never adjust the system to be stable at that low frequency.

Don't forget to adjust your clock ramp too, I found that the settings they had were too jumpy, and the system would spend a lot of time changing frequencies and wasting energy.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    10 Million points folded for TPU