1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Awful WC temperatures

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by pantherx12, Jul 1, 2012.

1. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
  2. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    Doesnt sound out of spec or the like, I've ran T-lines before, which are a bitch to bleed.... best thing is to keep it running, the air will naturally work out.
  3. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Res cap on or off? :toast:
  4. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    off, the air has to go somewhere!
  5. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right done! Thanks.

I'll just leave that running then, hopefully I don't knock it or something stupid :laugh:

( Seems I've ran out of thanks so everyone will get more tomorrow : ])
  6. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    keep me posted on everything, water cooling can be such fun with the challenges it gives.
  7. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man!
    It was a lot easier last loop I had I tell you that :laugh:

Had a
    Magicool UV 360
    Liang DDC1 with XSPC res top
    and a D-tek Fuzion v2 all with 1/2 ID tubing.

All that went together no problem and kept what ever I was using at the time under 40 degrees c at all times. ( I think it was a xeon 3220 but it was ages ago)

Whilst I reckon I'm still going to sell my rig( I've had quite enough of this shitty motherboard :laugh: it's buggered up this FX chip as well so it no longer does 4.4 @ 1.31v), I'm thinking of keeping the water cooling parts for next time around.

Cept the block, damn thing leaks unless the fittings are tightened to an obscene degree.

That and I still think it may be a bottle neck to performance with this radiator, none of the pipes on the rad ever get warm. ( but touching the block it's noticeably above room temperature, not hot though)

By the by the fin array of the radiator is 85mm not what ever I said it was before, that's total thickness including the shroud.
  8. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    BUMP!/Update

Okay after how ever many days of the air not clearing I decided "FUCK THIS NOISE!" ( see what I did there :cool:)

And fitted the Stock AMD heatsink so I could take apart the pump to have a look at it.

There was a washer that was out of place I refitted that and set up a simple Res/pump loop with the res sat higher than the pump ( using my xspc res instead of the thermaltake one) and well, it works!

Pump is whisper quiet :laugh:
    When I first opened up the pump the blades were touching the casing pretty much, after putting the washer back it left a 1mm gap between the blades and casing.

I'm guessing the ticking type noise was the blades stopping and starting or some such.
  9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear its working nicely now
    pantherx12 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    I would have RMA'd the pump I still would ifthe build quality is that shotty
    pantherx12 says thanks.
  11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

Second hand, I suspect the previous owner used to reservoir that attaches directly to the pump and put the thing together wrong when reassembling. ( and obviously it would of worked fine before hand hence them suggesting it was air)

All good though, I should of taken it apart as soon as I get it like I usually do :laugh:

Just one more thing if you will guys I have this reservoir http://www.xs-pc.com/products/reservoirs/uv-blue-single-5-25-bay-reservoir/ ( going to use it instead of the TT one) what should side should be the inlet?
  12. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    Id go with the one on the side, rather than the one in the middle... its smoother for the air to work its way out of suspension in the water.