1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Backplate for Titan?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by bpgt64, Oct 10, 2013.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I just migrated some hardware from a HAF Xb to a 900D and noticed my Geforce Titan is bowing a little. I was considering investing in a Backplate, but I have never installed anything like this on a GPU and was wondering what is involved, should I ignore it..or.?

2. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    It's very easy indeed. As far as attaching mine went it was a case of removing certain screws from my water block and using the ones that came with the back plate.

Pretty sure the normal backplates (EVGA?) will tell you which to unscrew from the stock cooler instead.

Not in stock at EVGA but it gives you the idea http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=M021-00-000023

3. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    It's a pretty straightforward procedure, just be careful not to strip any of the stock screws while removing them as they are torqued really tight.

With the EVGA backplate you must remove all the screws in the back of the card, you must have both a torx screwdriver and a phillips, removing the cooler is not necessary as you just lay the card on a flat surface and fix the backplate to the card using the screws included in the backplate pack.

Good luck with your card :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. The Von Matrices

The Von Matrices

Thanks Received:
    The standard Titan cooler is a pretty hefty piece of metal keeping the card rigid; are you sure that it isn't the PCIe connector that is bending? A backplate won't help with that.

5. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I can't seem to find one in stock...hrm