1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

bad bios checksum

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by JanJan, May 3, 2009.

1. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    This infinite loop of checking floppy disk and cd rom happen when i was overclocking. When i power computer, everything goes on, all lights and fans.

I tried
    -Move the cmos cap to pin 2,3 and put it back on after 10s. I also try take out mobo battery and put it back. All failed.
    -Then i create a bootable floppy disk (only put in a P5LD2X.ROM). The first time computer doesn't recognize the disk.
    I (blindly) mess with the little square switch at the corner (push down) and the computer recognize it but takes forever to read it. I turn off computer (this probably only make it worse) and when i power it one more time the computer doesn't recognize anymore.:cry:

Any help please? can i use afudos or crashfree bios 2?

2. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    someone please reply

3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Does that board have dual bios?

4. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    dual bios means 2 bios chips? if so then i think it's a single bios.

5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow I should just stop posting today. Looks like the Crash free bios wont recover from a bad flash... http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...d_id=1&model=P4S800D-X&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Now the question is: Is the bios chip socketed or soldered directly to the motherboard? I assume I need to look and verify this?

I just looked at the one on newegg... http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...ription=ASUS P5LD2 R2.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

If that is your board, you could simply get a new bios chip from ASUS or http://www.biosman.com/

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. JanJan

Thanks Received:
  7. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    from what I read the issue is internal in the bios chip. The number of the bios you attempted to flash isn't corresponding to the bios chips recognition of the last checksum it saved.

There may be other alternatives with flashing, never tried it to a corrupted chip myself. Getting a new bios chip will get you passed the checksum issue though.

8. JanJan

Thanks Received: