1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad Bios flash, need help...

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by erocker, Feb 2, 2008.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I need some help bad guys.:banghead: This has been the worst f'ing build for me ever and I won't even go into the other shit that went wrong, other than I'm using the stock piece of crap cooler that came with my e8400.. I flashed my bios thinking I was doing it from my flashdrive, wasn't, and flashed it with who-knows-what? Now I get power, no bios. I'm so freaking stressed out right now, I started smoking again. I'm going to go smoke again, hopefully someone can help. :eek:

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    is it a socketed BIOS chip? (can it be removed from the mobo)

Ill try and find a link to the BIOSchip guy...like 20-30 shipped you get a chip with the bios on it!

EDIT: like thid guy....http://www.biosman.com/replacement.htm

erocker says thanks.
  3. spud107

spud107

Thanks Received:
    i assume you already have a boot disk with dos, the flash utility, and bios file.
    make a bat file with this in it,(make new note, rename .txt to .bat)
    AWDFLASH.EXE xxxxxx.BIN /CC /CD /CP /F /R /PY /SN
    flashes without confirmation,
    if your lucky the bootblock area might still function, so this may work,
    it also might only work off a floppy disk, something about how the bootblock works,

4. erocker

Thanks Received:
    It's an Asus Maximus, the bios chip isn't socketed, I'm pretty sure It was reading off of the flashdrive now, and it just messed up somehow during the flash. I guess I'll have to RMA this board. :( I have the DVD that came with the board, that is it. I can't get it to boot from the DVD, because I can't get into the Bios. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait some more...

5. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    you can flash from the systems disk that came with your board.read the manual it will tell you how.

6. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    if it wont boot at all the mobo is now as good as dead.. assuming its cos the bios is corrupted.. if the chip is swappable it can be hot swopped and flashed back.. but u need a new bios chip.. if it aint swappable and wont post its dead..

trog

7. erocker

Thanks Received:
    It's dead. Getting a replacement. I guess I'm not using the flash utility through the bios anymore.

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Finally got my old system back up and running, God what a mess that was... I managed to throw my Scythe Infinity into the river out the back of my house (along with all the demons). I should have my replacement board by next week. Somewhere in the process one system or the other managed to fug up one of my HDD's which I'm in the process of trying to recover. I'm never going into a build again pre-stressed out... not saying what happened was my fault or anything, things just didn't go well.. Anyways, before the flash, my e8400 seemed to work very nice with believable temps in the bios! Anyways, thanks for the quick help, so I could get this thing RMA'd asap!:D

9. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    For what reason did you flash the board?

10. erocker

Thanks Received:
    To update the bios. The utility failed.