• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad Company 2 for the PC; don't hold your breath!

System Name Bones Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 4770k@4.5ghz
Motherboard ASROCK Extreme 3 Z87
Cooling Corsair H100 4x120mm fans!
Memory 2x4gigs Corsair Vengance 2400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 @1151/1350/Corsair H55
Storage Samsung 120gig 840/OCZ Vector 120gig SSD/500gig SG/320
Display(s) Samsung S27A950D 27in 3D 120hz monitor
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Asus Zonar d1/Z506 Speakers
Power Supply Coolermaster GX750watt PSU
Software Windows 10 64bit
That sucks, especially on wkend!

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
They've released R4 servers but are slow in implementing them. This is something that should have done before release day not a few days ofter release.

Yeah was just reading about that, should have been taken care of prior to release for damn sure.

This is still a problem and has nothing to do with being an audiophile. Audio cues in this game are poor thus making the overall sound quality of the game poor. Being able to hear something doesn't make the audio quality better, that's just a fallacy. The overall presentation of the audio is what makes it great. This is where the game fails.

I feel the sound is fine, you've hated the BC2 sound before you even got a chance to hear the game, but you brought up some very good points when you called it out. For me the sound is just fine, I really can't complain in this department as an overall experience. To get one thing straight I'm a casual gamer that doesn't need to know all the specs and internal workings, and maybe that's the difference between what you like/dislike and vice-versa.

But I do agree there is some room for improvement in this department, probably would take some serious reworking to achieve what you expect though, and it would shine that much more because of it. By no means is the sound a disappointment to my ears either, at the end of the day I believe audio is the least of this title's problems.

This is what I call a bias point of view. Although you are entitled to have one it's clear why you answer in the fashion that you do.

:toast:

Glad I didn't need to leave any more clues for ya! :p

Did you forget that the opposite is true for COD games? Apparently it all depends on net code. Which is what I was pointing out.

True, but with my experience with past Battlefield games, it's not much of a surprise...at least I wasn't offended by it, that and I can find plenty of servers with sub-100 ping using my DSL connection = me a happy gamer. :D

It's not moot to expect a game to work as intended on release day. Again, another bias point of view. I am not "just happy" the game is finally released. It should be working as intended

I do agree, but really unlocking ammo boxes, health packs and repair tools isn't really the end of the world, which is overall what I was focused on. Bias in your eyes or not, it's really not a big deal to me. I do agree this game should be working as intended at launch, and really look at about any PC game release these days and there are bugs, glitches and issues from day one, hell patches on Day 1 are becoming way too common imo. Normally that's a huge detraction for a game purchase, and sometimes anger and frustration because of such annoyances...for some reason this game doesn't offend me as much with some of it's bugs...which, sure I was hyped, but at the same time I expected a half-baked product to an extent. All I can hope is this game improves and at least most issues resolved sooner-than-later, there are some areas of failure where this title maybe could've used another month or two before release to get it right. It would've been worth the wait imo, too little too late now. It's out and it's either hate it or love it, play it or don't, and hope, just hope that maybe it'll get patched up.

I don't think your nitpicking but painting a broad brush of bias into your opinion of the current situation of the game. It is what it is at this point, a borked game. And it needs to be fixed. But there is no eta on another patch and if they will address all the issues found. There are many more that I've not posted in this thread that IMO need to be fixed.

Well glad I got ya to think on my comments, nice work! :rolleyes:

I do agree the game is one big bug riddled release, but I will hand it some serious credit for the gaming enjoyment it's been able to provide in such a state that hopefully someday when (hopefully when and not "if") this game is patched up to par, it'll be that much better. If not and issues continue, I see this game dropping off the radar...but for now, I'm gonna enjoy it for what it is, I cannot get a refund, and frankly I'm still enjoying it as-is, but that doesn't mean it should stay that way. I will definitely tire of this title if the many issues and bugs present aren't properly taken care of, and that could deter me from interest in BF3 along with many other gamers out there.

Your responses clearly come off as eristic, stilted and bias at times. It's as if you took offense of the many issues with this game. More over, the issues that should not be in the game. Overall, the things I've seen and expressed here degrades the game to a 4 out of 10. The potential is there which is why it doesn't get a 0 but if you can't play the game as intended (including all the perks that you should get with the game) do to bugs then giving the game a high score is just being disingenuous.

I had a couple to drink and had just completed the last of about a half dozen kickass rounds with my clan where I had no issues with gameplay, connection or the game itself...I gotta say that leaves me pretty damn content. I can't say I'd be offended at the many issues this game has to offer upon release, that'd just be ridiculous, I mean really...take it personally? The psyco-text- analyzations failed ya there! :laugh:

But hey read into my words however ya need to, as long as we're both happy with life at the end of the day, I could care less, though it is pretty entertaining to have someone read into my posts that much. Please do carry on man! I by no means am trying to be disrespectful, but it's nice to get a couple of chuckles out of your replies when you start digging in. I'm not after you or your points, in fact I'm agreeing with you, but at the same time pointing out that I can in-fact still get an enjoyable gaming experience for me, bias or not, that's how it is for my experience with BC2 thus far, not saying it'll always stay that way if a month from now the game is still in this condition...you may see a more angered and annoyed side of me.

Sure the game maybe fun to you but it's not the end all be all of the game that can overshadow the many problems found in how it was developed. In order for the game to be enjoyable and not just fun major bugs needs to be fixed ASAP. Let me put it in another way. A cake well presented may look appetizing but if the ingredients put into it are not done properly eating the cake will change your opinion of it. The same applies to this game.

Very true, it's not and never will be and end-all game, no game ever will be, end of story. At the end of the day it's just a game, it plays well for me, I find plenty of servers with low ping, and really it could be a lot worse still, though it should be a lot better now. Here's a simple thought, if the ya dislike the game, don't play it, if you don't like the cake, don't eat it. So far I like the game, although it does need some serious patching to continue that trend, and I agree, definitely ASAP.

I'll leave you to break down what I say here, looking forward to it! Pleasure talking to ya, and sorry you're so disappointed thus far, seems I'm getting more enjoyment out of the experience at this point, and there are no words that can be said to fix that...but DICE can sure as hell get the game up to par so everyone can enjoy it without glaring issues, bugs and 100's of threads like this one...it'd be nice to see a game released polished, stable, not needing patched and botched to keep it enjoyable for the masses...one can only dream of such things these days, which is truly unfortunate. Nice chatting with ya so far man, and here's to hoping that DICE can resolve the issues so both of us and the 1000's upon 1000's of other souls out there that picked up this title get what they paid for in full.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
-White dot on the lower right corner. :wtf: What in the world is that there for?
-I can't join the TPU server unless a friend is playing. Or else it's grayed out and unselectable
-Crappy dynamic ranges for audio. Someone who is 15' away sound like they are right next to you. Noise near some builds echoes when it shouldn't, etc
-Haven't received my vet status and they've taken down "My Solider" or whatever it's called. No ETA when it will be back up. I was going to use it to make sure my vet status is associated with my account. However, I can't do that because "My Solider" website was taken down.
-Both PB enabled and PB disabled servers are ALL RANKED!!
-Extremely long wait times when refreshing server browser. But if you stop it after 5 seconds all the servers will show up 2 seconds later. Thus negating the unusual long wait. Which appears to be more induced for some reason.
-You need a low ping in order to be competitive or else you're just cannon fodder
-Things like med pads, shocks, ammo box need to be unlocked which is unnecessary and convolute the unlock process.
-The 55 FOV is a complete joke and although you can change it via settings.ini file it should be a slider from within the game with a small window showing you how your FOV will change.

I think I'll stop here for now I don't want to nitpick.

TheLaughingMan,
I sent you an invite. I hope it's still working the next time your in game.

Edit:
Looks like server browser if finally allowing me to save servers now. But are still grayed out in my favorites. Gee, with the EU release in a few hours.

Totally Agree with you , it does have sense , that are those details and small annoyances that make the game feel a lot less like it actually is , Im not saying the game is bad because of this , but it's these 10% of polishing that does A LOT of improvement in the gameplay.

And I can't tell you , how i HATE this stupid Xbox habbit FOV @ 65 or 55 or whatever , I HATE it , I Want console to change it to 80 as it IS a standard in "ALL" fps PC games , ofcourse there was a bit of consolecrap influence in cod4 cod5 and mw2 , they all had 65 default. but at least the first two had a console thankfully

And what a question there was: "why would i need console(ingame cvar console)" , well because im a PC gamer for example ? And want to change things how I like.

Kidding me, BC2 has 55 FOV ? this has to be a f joke , come on , you can't se shit around.

Im am actually going to test this in crysis , I'll set FOV to 55 , let me see how stupid would it be like , i'll report back.

I don't have BC2 yet , but bro ordered it as i expected , arrives tomorrow (i save money for more interesting things ... :D )

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Finished the SP mode, I enjoyed it, more shorter than I thought it would be but decent story and a bit of humour here and there. now for the MP!

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Yeah was just reading about that, should have been taken care of prior to release for damn sure.

I feel the sound is fine, you've hated the BC2 sound before you even got a chance to hear the game, but you brought up some very good points when you called it out. For me the sound is just fine, I really can't complain in this department as an overall experience. To get one thing straight I'm a casual gamer that doesn't need to know all the specs and internal workings, and maybe that's the difference between what you like/dislike and vice-versa.

But I do agree there is some room for improvement in this department, probably would take some serious reworking to achieve what you expect though, and it would shine that much more because of it. By no means is the sound a disappointment to my ears either, at the end of the day I believe audio is the least of this title's problems.
That maybe your opinion but the truth of the matter is more in the facts. We are not going to agree on this because you are willing to settle for it simply because you are already have a bias preference for the game. So I wouldn't expect you to say otherwise.

Glad I didn't need to leave any more clues for ya! :p
Nah, you didn't but at the same time you should understand that people (like myself) may not have such a point of view.

True, but with my experience with past Battlefield games, it's not much of a surprise...at least I wasn't offended by it, that and I can find plenty of servers with sub-100 ping using my DSL connection = me a happy gamer. :D
Really? Your replies sure to come off like they do when it's mentioned ;)

I do agree, but really unlocking ammo boxes, health packs and repair tools isn't really the end of the world, which is overall what I was focused on. Bias in your eyes or not, it's really not a big deal to me. I do agree this game should be working as intended at launch, and really look at about any PC game release these days and there are bugs, glitches and issues from day one, hell patches on Day 1 are becoming way too common imo. Normally that's a huge detraction for a game purchase, and sometimes anger and frustration because of such annoyances...for some reason this game doesn't offend me as much with some of it's bugs...which, sure I was hyped, but at the same time I expected a half-baked product to an extent. All I can hope is this game improves and at least most issues resolved sooner-than-later, there are some areas of failure where this title maybe could've used another month or two before release to get it right. It would've been worth the wait imo, too little too late now. It's out and it's either hate it or love it, play it or don't, and hope, just hope that maybe it'll get patched up.
The issue isn't about it being the end of the world it's about getting what you paid for. If you order a beer and the waitress gave you only 1/2 a bottle of it I know you wouldn't say it isn't the end of the world after paying for it (IE: Bar were you have to pay for drinks up front :D). Hoping that the waitress will eventually come back unannounced with the other half of your beer before you and your buds leave for the evening. lol

Well glad I got ya to think on my comments, nice work! :rolleyes:
Dialogue can be a pain can't it? :laugh:

I do agree the game is one big bug riddled release, but I will hand it some serious credit for the gaming enjoyment it's been able to provide in such a state that hopefully someday when (hopefully when and not "if") this game is patched up to par, it'll be that much better. If not and issues continue, I see this game dropping off the radar...but for now, I'm gonna enjoy it for what it is, I cannot get a refund, and frankly I'm still enjoying it as-is, but that doesn't mean it should stay that way. I will definitely tire of this title if the many issues and bugs present aren't properly taken care of, and that could deter me from interest in BF3 along with many other gamers out there.
You mean you are enjoying it now during the down time? Why, I can't seem to find any information about that in any of the reviews. :p. I think we can call it for what it is, game stopping bugs.

I had a couple to drink and had just completed the last of about a half dozen kickass rounds with my clan where I had no issues with gameplay, connection or the game itself...I gotta say that leaves me pretty damn content. I can't say I'd be offended at the many issues this game has to offer upon release, that'd just be ridiculous, I mean really...take it personally? The psyco-text- analyzations failed ya there! :laugh:

But hey read into my words however ya need to, as long as we're both happy with life at the end of the day, I could care less, though it is pretty entertaining to have someone read into my posts that much. Please do carry on man! I by no means am trying to be disrespectful, but it's nice to get a couple of chuckles out of your replies when you start digging in. I'm not after you or your points, in fact I'm agreeing with you, but at the same time pointing out that I can in-fact still get an enjoyable gaming experience for me, bias or not, that's how it is for my experience with BC2 thus far, not saying it'll always stay that way if a month from now the game is still in this condition...you may see a more angered and annoyed side of me.

The only problem with that, and I'm going to let you finish, is that the quality of the game isn't tangent on your opinion of it. That's the beauty behind it. All the bugs we've seen, downtime we are going through right now all paints a different picture. :p

Very true, it's not and never will be and end-all game, no game ever will be, end of story. At the end of the day it's just a game, it plays well for me, I find plenty of servers with low ping, and really it could be a lot worse still, though it should be a lot better now. Here's a simple thought, if the ya dislike the game, don't play it, if you don't like the cake, don't eat it. So far I like the game, although it does need some serious patching to continue that trend, and I agree, definitely ASAP.
I laughed. But whatever makes you happy. In the end, if I am asked for my opinion of what issues I find with the game I'll continue to give it. Therefore, this portion of your post does not have any relevance. But I did get a good chuckle none the less.

I'll leave you to break down what I say here, looking forward to it! Pleasure talking to ya, and sorry you're so disappointed thus far, seems I'm getting more enjoyment out of the experience at this point, and there are no words that can be said to fix that...but DICE can sure as hell get the game up to par so everyone can enjoy it without glaring issues, bugs and 100's of threads like this one...it'd be nice to see a game released polished, stable, not needing patched and botched to keep it enjoyable for the masses...one can only dream of such things these days, which is truly unfortunate. Nice chatting with ya so far man, and here's to hoping that DICE can resolve the issues so both of us and the 1000's upon 1000's of other souls out there that picked up this title get what they paid for in full.

Never said anything of the such but I find it amusing that you've said it. IE: If I point out issues with the game it must mean I hate it, etc. I mean how else can you understand that the game has issues...

At the end of the day we have a game that's currently unplayable and (per your own words) bug ridden. Now was that so hard to see? Nay, didn't think so. But as with anything like this, don't hold your breath ;)

Last edited:
System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
Lmao post ^^

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Huh? I missed something here.

I only have 1 issue with the game and I am hoping this mass update will fix it. I am not sure if all these 20 paragraph rants and "discussions" do anything other than get people upset, so I will say this.

Shit happens. There are some issues. They are doing what they can to fix them as quickly as possible. I can't hold issues with the game not working perfectly when it was released against it. The game is great when you are playing it, IMO. Now if I owned a game that has been out for several months with issues that were known since the first week of release and still have not been addressed, that would be cause to get pissed.

Historically speaking, I expect issues like this, even if a little down time is needed, to be address quickly. The EA team for BFBC2 has been responsive to opinions, questions, suggestions, etc. mainly because they play the game. Not because they are paid to, but because the testers and developers actually like playing Battlefield. I would even venture to say they are just as pissed as we are about these issues.

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
Huh? I missed something here.

I only have 1 issue with the game and I am hoping this mass update will fix it. I am not sure if all these 20 paragraph rants and "discussions" do anything other than get people upset, so I will say this.

Shit happens. There are some issues. They are doing what they can to fix them as quickly as possible. I can't hold issues with the game not working perfectly when it was released against it. The game is great when you are playing it, IMO. Now if I owned a game that has been out for several months with issues that were known since the first week of release and still have not been addressed, that would be cause to get pissed.

Historically speaking, I expect issues like this, even if a little down time is needed, to be address quickly. The EA team for BFBC2 has been responsive to opinions, questions, suggestions, etc. mainly because they play the game. Not because they are paid to, but because the testers and developers actually like playing Battlefield. I would even venture to say they are just as pissed as we are about these issues.

+1

shit happens... its first day of release... yes its a weekend... and guess what trheyre working on a fix as we speak....not waiting till office hours on monday

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64

Well played sir, gotta say this thread has been lit up from it's dim status from weeks ago, and I'm damn happy it was around to perk my interest! Glad we both got some good laughs out of all this. At the end of the day, BC2-wise still a fun game as bug riddled as it can be, especially when you bring server comms into the picture.

Haven't tried playing tonight yet, but I will here in the next hour or two. Haven't really given SP a chance as of yet, so I suppose I could go after that if the servers are still down. Hope to see ya on in this bug riddled release that we're still waiting to play after release. And I'm even ignorantly looking forward to "trying" to play this game more! Either rate, hope to see ya online later on if things are up and running!

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Update: Easy just posted that the TPU server is back up and people have reported playing as of now. If you have it saved in favorites, give it a shot. If you do not, give it a shot anyway.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
Hey guys!

Came up with this stuff via trial and error as well as some research for my clan mates that I wished to share with all of you. Skimmed thru this thread to make sure this was not listed but if any of it is duplicated I do apologize.

1. Regardless of what difficulty you choose in single player you will NOT be able to disable the crosshairs. I even looked in the .ini files and could not see any way to disable them. However, during multiplayer if the server is configured for hardcore mode by default the crosshairs will be disabled unless the server admin adjusts the default settings.

2. If you hit "New Campaign" under Single Player it WILL overwrite your previous save without prompting you. I managed to lose a few hours of progress due to this which was frustrating to say the least.

3. Bad Company 2 stores your single-player save information in the Documents/BFBC2 folder as a file called GameSettings.bin. Now here is the kicker in that the game does not warn you when you reset or overwrite this file so be sure that if you wish to make sure you do not lose anything you backup this file and keep it in a folder titled for the save game you are backing up and when.

Now, that said, if you have Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate you have access to a feature called Shadow Copy. By right-clicking on the BFBC2 folder you should be able to access the "Previous Versions" tab and restore the game save file to the one before it was overwritten by the game.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Windows 7 Home Premium has it but I'll check once I get home. However, the feature should be present in Win7 Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate.

5. Here are some FOV settings for those of you who do not wish to stick with the default of 55:

1280x768 or 1920x1080 - 70 or 75
1680x1050 or 1920x1200 - 80 or 85

I've got mine set to 75 at 1920x1200 and it seems to be working perfectly for me with none of the motion sickness I had in the Beta.

You can adjust these by going into your My Documents (or Documents) folder and adjusting the settings.ini file; the entry for FOV is labeled Fov=

6. If you wish to manually set either DirectX 9, 10, or 11 rendering go into your My Documents (or Documents) folder and adjust the settings.ini file; the entry for this is DxVersion=. Just switch it from Auto which is default to either 9, 10, or 11.

7. During single player be sure to pickup weapons since these will count towards your Collectables. You do NOT need to carry these with you just pick them up and it will record them by giving you a notification.

8. You will not receive ANY of your Veteran unlocks when you first start playing until after you rank up once.

9. Just like with previous Battlefield titles it will not instantly record your kills for a particular game and can take upwards to an hour before they will appear in your profile.

10. If you are instantly getting disconnected from multiplayer servers follow the steps here at http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-connect.html:

Here are a few steps to try to connect to servers:

# Uninstall the BC2 BETA
# Look in MY Documents for BC2 BETA directory. If it exists delete it.
# Look where BC2 BETA was installed, if the BC2 BETA directory remains, delete it.
# Try running the game again.

For all the players connecting to servers and being kicked straight away (and pbsetup.exe or manual updating didn't help) then you will be happy to know we are sending out R4 servers to our hosting providers which will hopefully solve this issue.

This is going out to the hosts shortly and then allowing time for them to update you should see connections going back to normal in the next few hours and continuing to spread to all servers during this evening.

11. You will not be able to skip the introduction cinematic in single player or at least I've not been able to skip it even if I've already played thru the mission. If anyone finds a way to bypass this or the starter level do please post it here.

12. Tired of the buggy "waiting for data" message you get when you try and add a server to your favorites? Well, if you follow these steps you'll be adding servers to your list in no time!

a. Go into your My Documents (or Documents folder under Vista/Win7) and locate a folder titled BFBC2. Path should be something like C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\BFBC2

b. Open the GameSettings.ini and scroll down to the bottom where you should see an entry titled FavoriteGames=

c. Type in the title of the server you wish to add, such as Stompfest.com CHI #3 Conquest Hardcore, after the =. Be sure that if you wish to add multiple servers separate them with a comma. Also be sure that the last server in the entry has a ; or it will not list the servers in your Favorites list and may even erase your GameSettings.ini file.

13. If you have two different systems that you play on you will want to copy the entire BFBC2 over to the other system since your single-player save file, Favorite server list, and other things are stored locally rather than on the BC2 servers. The only hiccup you may encounter is with video settings if your other system uses a different monitor and/or hardware than your home system.