1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad Company 2: Is Everyone Cheating?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MatTheCat, Mar 24, 2010.

1. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    When this game first came out, I thought it was fantastic, but it seems that there is no where u can hide without some guy running around the corner with his knife as if he knew exactly where you where and no wall of smoke or bushes thick enough to prevent some sniper taking shots at you from miles away.

Although I have no proof, I think this is the online game with the most cheating that I have ever played.
  2. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    hmm you can be spotted from afar using the 'Q' button and easily sniped also i agree. i would try out a hardcore server tbh.
    There was also over 350 people banned in a 24hr period the other day so a clean up has taken place there should be alot less cheaters around.
  3. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    Spotting is your friend or enemy in this case.
  4. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
  5. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget a lot of people are going to be playing this with (clan)mates so there will be a lot of what looks like cheating going on. I loved the beta and I can't fuggin' wait to get my net connection tomorrow so that I can get back in the action.
  6. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    wait what the first topic is this topic, and you forgot the massive clubhouse topic :)
    awesome hope to see you soon, add you to my list :toast:
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  7. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    I've read a lot of complaints about hackers online, and when playing i have seen a couple of people who seemed too good to be true, but in the 100+ games i've played i have maybe seen 10 suspect players, out of over 3100 players (potentially).

Since i started running my server i get to see quite a few logs and reports about potential hackers and i have had 2 reports of hacking in the week or so the server has been running - one was a false positive and the other player has been banned from my server and quite a few others.

Since the PB bans started happening i've not played in a game with anyone i thought was suspect, so no i wouldn't say everyone is cheating :)
  8. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Add [BeeR]JackPepsi as InnocentCriminal is only my TPU and DA name. I don't use it anywhere else.
  9. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Mis-copied :D, fixed.
  10. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    Will you be on Teamspeak? whenever you play that is, i wont play tonight because im working but, i dont have most of the people in tpu on my friendlist except i think maybe a couple, because i just go on teamspeak and just join the TPU server.
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I have noticed alot of suspicious deaths in this game now:banghead:
  12. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    I currently don't have the net due to not being connected yet and I'll most likely be using my own Ventrilo server as my gaming community are all raggin' this game big time!
  13. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you get spotted by someone (press Q), little triangle over your head .. you run away hide behind a rock .. his buddy sees the triangle wtfstabs you
    Mussels says thanks.
  14. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Just remember in the game that everyone has wall hacks. Definitely not cheating, but close.
  15. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Many wannabe internet bosses are starting up their own gamer clans, clan sites, clan forums, and half a dozen servers. Each of these servers tell EA they use PunkBuster, and hence get listed in search filtered results where the "Punkbuster" option is checked. But the servers don't really enable them. When loading it shows as PB off. I'm yet to come across a PB on server.

There's a lot of "score mining" in BC2 too.
    MatTheCat says thanks.
  16. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I have seen almost no score mining / stat padding in the servers I have played on. I have seen some aimbotters though, however those are easy to spot.

Regarding PB, well it is not foolproof but helps keep out alot of skiddies. PB causes more problems than it solves.
  17. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ill have to crash that vent sometime :laugh:

nah not even close to cheating, cheating is having an illegal advantage over someone else, and if everyone has the same advantage its not cheating :p,
    ya or you just put the games audio on wartapes and can hear every footstep so you just sneak up on people and as you say wtfstab them.
    Stat padding wont get done on servers with lots of people usually, it would make it alot less efficient its better just to go to either a locked server preferebly or an empty one.
  18. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Definitely all welcome.
  19. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    +1 for the spotting. I spot religiously -I get irritated when my teammates don't do it. With a spot, I can get a good kill from a long distance with a light machine gun.
    My most satisfying kill recently was killing a dude who was IN a rock -I saw the gun stick out and went to town on his @ss.
  20. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have realized that my spotting skills are so good that even when I play other games, I spam the "q" key. It is a REALLY bad habit when I am in a game where "q" is mapped to drop a weapon...
  21. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most servers that I seem to play on have PB disabled. Even though I tick the box for the search engine to give me PB enabled servers only. Perhaps a few have PB enabled but the amount of time it takes for the server browser to return information to you about any game server really puts me off checking these details out beforehand.
  22. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Don't tick the box - it shows disabled pb servers (it is badly broken). If you join the UK TPU server then that always has Pbbans streaming enabled even if pb is off (it basically has a massive ban list). When PB is fully fixed allowing the servers to show in the browser correctly then i'm sure most servers will enable pb again.
    MatTheCat says thanks.
  23. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also use the spotting feature constantly. Not only does it help a lot but it nets you points should someone get the kill. Sometimes it seems that the spotting doesn't work for a few minutes; there is probably a limit to the amount of spotting you can do in a certain period of time.

Also, for those playing the sniper class, those motion detectors are your best friend. Always chuck them at suspect enemy hideouts for motion mine assist points as well as a big help to the team.
  24. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    I freaking hate PB!
  25. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I know W1z hacks. Check out this screenshot I got of him.

[​IMG]