1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BAD GTX 760 SLI performance

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by AlexAXL, Sep 29, 2013.

1. AlexAXL New Member

Thanks Received:
    While you are fighting here I am in the process of testing the oc of this cpu. In 4 minutes of testing one core stopped wwith no error but 100 warnings in prime95. 22.5 multiplier, stock fsb voltage is at 1.412...if I set it +0.025 it does Bsod. Tried every voltage from the 1.3. I either couldn't boot, got freeze, or bsod. Vcore llc is set to ultra high. All other options are disabled like cnq, c16 , turbo... I don.t know what to do. Btw coretemp said 52Âșc after 4 min in prime95.

One annoying thing is that when I try to oc I have a doubleboot. When I restart the computer shuts down and then restarts. Same thing when hard rebooting. Start stop start again. When default settings in bios are applied this doble boot doesn't occur

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  2. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    I get double boots when the over clock fails and the MB reverts back to stock clock settings. Try letting the entire system run stock for a few hours and see if it double boots.

3. AlexAXL New Member

Thanks Received:
    Double boot occurs only when modifying options in bios or oc ing. On stock runs ok.

I want to buy some other cooling other than what I have. What is worth getting? H100i or noctua d14? I think I'm gonna' go also with a sabertooth r2.0.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    There's an edit button ya know.

I've never seen a GPU hit 96c unless it was clogged with dust or the fan wasn't spinning. If neither of those are the problem not sure what to tell ya.

5. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    I would go H100i if you're not into tinkering and tweaking. If you are and you have the cash then look into a complete water cooling system. It will require more maintenance but yield far better results.

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    H100i user here, I see no advantage of that cooler against CM212+ (which I happen to have played with a bit too) if you are not going to overclock heavily. Would recommend other coolers like Phanteks TC14PC if you are overclocking heavily instead, if you don't mind the pressure on the motherboard.

7. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    Today's mother boards are built to support that kind of stress but I like the zero maintenance closed loop solutions just because they are not as bulky, *usually* quieter and easier to work around than some honking huge air cooler.

8. AlexAXL New Member

Thanks Received:
    Found something ...Phanteks PH-TC14CS and Phanteks PH-TC14PE ..I like the twin tower one, it seems more aggressive. How about the Noctua that I mentioned, NH-D14?

9. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You want the one which looks like the D14. If you don't mind a little bit of noise the PE version will just about edge the D14, whereas the D14 is pretty quiet. Also consider the U14, much lighter, and almost as good.

10. miktha New Member

Thanks Received:
    bad -- or no 760 sli!!

Thanks guys for the interesting read, seeing AlexAXL's build I'm now convinced something must be crook.
    I'm returning to OC'ing after a significant break and thought I'd jump in at the shallow end by putting a bit of hardware together first, burn it in at stock standard speeds then OC in increments. Great in theory, what I got for my trouble is What do I have to do to get both PCIe bus slots running at the same bandwidth?
    Currently, 1.) x16. and 2.) x4 ergo -- SLI "disabled" the board is an amd 990fxa-d3 supposedly rated for SLI and Xfire. The CPU is the "Vishera" FX-8350. I might add this is my first experience with SLI in any iteration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. pabloottawa

Thanks Received:
    From my experience, if the primary PCI-E slot is at 16x and the second is at 8x the primary will slow down to the speed of the 8x but form my understanding there really isn;t much of a difference between 16x and 8x.... Now if you are SLIing both card and the second is 4x then the 16x slot will slow down to the 4x speed and in that respect there is a noticeable difference. to answer your questi0on, this is all done automatically and you CANNOT change the bus speed to make them both 16x... The 4x CANNOT be sped up.

I ran into this exact same issue when I first got into SLIing. After that I made sure that my next Motherboard had the primary and secondary PCI-e slots at 16x...... I'm afraid you'll have to get a faster board if you want to take full advantage of those cards.