1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Batman: Arkham Asylum 50% off $19.99 USD Steam

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lionheart, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    KingPing, crush3r and TIGR say thanks.
  2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    what the?? only 20 dollars?

STEAM = GOOD DEALS
  3. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    This was a great game, I'm tempted even though I really don't need it!
    More than 25k PPD
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Yeah hell bro, but I wish they would kinda stop, its really addictive, Im still playin catch up on heaps of titles:cry::twitch:

Lol, I must resist, I just bought Supreme Commander 2 for $10 and I haven't even downloaded it yet:laugh: must finish all of the First Fear games and Dawn Of War II:ohwell::ohwell::p
  5. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Batman AA is worth every cent of full retail. There are no rocket launchers in the game though, Chaos. You should still get it.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    Lionheart says thanks.
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll:Lol haha I guess you've heard about my BC2 gustav killing lol:laugh::laugh::toast:
  7. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    you are so annoying with that awful rocketlauncher :p
    Lionheart says thanks.
  8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Heard about it? I know you've fallen victim to my grenade spam! I've had some decent explosives battles with you, lol.
    Lionheart says thanks.
  9. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    The developers and Nvidia disabled AA for ATI cards, I didn't buy at release for this reason and I won't buy now at 50% off.
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    LMFAO hahaha sorry bro, but that comment was funny as hell, I don't use engineer as much bro, mainly because I don't wanna feel like a gustav killing noob, but I do go back to it sumtimes:laugh::toast:

Hahahaha aah sweet, I kinda remember now, were you assault??:D
  11. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    but u can use the hack to enable AA in batman, i have tried and its work flawlessly
  12. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I read that, but when companies force me to use workarounds just to get AA to work, I don't feel like giving them any money. Don't get me wrong, the game is by all accounts very good, but there are other choices where I don't have to put up with this kind of crap.
  13. scope54

scope54

Thanks Received:
    Just an FYI i was able to apply AA through the batman launcher, so this must have been remedied.
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I have one question.

Why is this game so good for? :eek:

Asking because Im not a Batman fan one bit but everywhere I go this game has got great reviews plus alot of gamers luv it:eek:
  15. roast

roast

Thanks Received:
    $20 for you in the states?? Lucky...
    The special offer is selling it for €25 in Ireland... which equates to over $30.
    Special offer my ring, thanks Valve.
    AA is for sale in retail shops here for €15 normally, not on offer.
  16. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Purchased, thanks!
  17. crush3r

crush3r New Member

Thanks Received:
    This offer's on UK stream too :toast:
  18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    They did NOT have AA disabled they payed to have it added.. Although as i have heard on these forums other things are not there when your not using a nV card. Hence when i i had seen the offer yesterday i passed it up because last thing i want to promote is for the game makers to not add what we normally get even without a nV card.
  19. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    AA is something I expect as standard, irrespective of the card I am using and engine choice doesn't satisfy me as an excuse: if Nvidia Hardware has AA on a title, ATI hardware should also have AA. I think there is more to it than simply paying to have AA included: as you point out, they removed various software physics effects when an ATI card is detected, why would AA be any different? In any event, we agree that the game is to be avoided as a result of Nvidia/developer shenanigans. We will never be fully aware of the exact nature of the transaction that took place between Nvidia and the developer, but I can happily blame them both and avoid this title.
  20. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmm tempting price point. But id rather play it on ps3 for the joker exclusive
  21. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    im a little bumbed out, I got mine on steam like a month before the GOTY edition came out. The only reason its game of the year is cause people like me paid for the game. We should be able to the GOTY edition bonuses for free. I really want to play the villian challenge maps.
  22. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Correction, the developers and nVidia added AA for nVidia cards at nVidia's expense, and you won't buy it because you feel ATi should get extra features that they didn't help develop in any way.

Not true at all. I've played through the game on both my ATi and nVidia cards, and everything that was there on the nVidia card was there on the ATi card.

Enabling higher levels of PhysX, which enabled the hardware accelerated PhysX that only runs on nVidia cards, adds things to the game, but that is what hardware accelerated PhysX does. You can even have those things with strictly an ATi setup, but then the elements that are supposed to be hardware accelerated by the GPU are run on the CPU, and performance is in the shitter. But again, that is the same argument as with the AA, nVidia paid for the developement of PhysX and for the integration into their GPUs, and ATi did not.

ATi hardware has AA, it is just FSAA enabled through CCC, if you want AA enabled it through CCC just like we all do with any game that doesn't have native AA support(and there are a lot, even recent big name games). The in-game AA was MSAA developed by nVidia for Batman, which gives virtually no performance impact when enabled. It was nVidia that paid for this to be developed and implemented in the game, there is no reason ATi should benefit from it. If nVidia did not pay for the developement time to include AA, the game would have had no AA option at all.

And as I already pointed out, they did not remove any physics effects when an ATi card is detected, they just move where the calculations are performed from the GPU to the CPU.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  23. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I'd also like to raise the question, what's in it for somebody who doesn't care about comic stuff? I tried the demo and was completely flacid over the entire experience.
  24. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Let's simply agree to disagree: I explained why I'm not buying the title, you have explained why you think this decision is based on misguided opinion; nothing you have said has changed by perspective, nor do I believe that I could change yours. At the very least, people should be aware of these issues before they buy, that was my sole intention, we can leave the matter of who is to be blamed open to debate, everybody is now also aware that there are other interpretations.
  25. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like the most mature thing to do.:toast:
    Mr McC says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD