1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Batman Arkham Asylum Sequel Coming Next Year.

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Aug 5, 2010.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Full article:http://www.gamespot.com/news/6272397.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

[​IMG]
    newtekie1 and Bjorn_Of_Iceland say thanks.
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I'm tired of playing Batman, I want a Dark Knight version. Grittier, nasty, and outright scary.
  3. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I think that's what Arkham Asylum was supposed to be. Though i have not played it, i have always thought it looked pretty creepy.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  4. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    It looked good, but the gameplay was lacking IMHO.
  5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I could have stood more grit.
  6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I boycotted it because of the NVidia favortism. Didn't they disable some graphic capabilities without an NVidia card? If they chage that I may consider.
  7. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Yep, it didn't allow advanced physics to be done without one.
  8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Arkham Asylum was heavily advertised with Nvidia's Phsyx(i also think there was an AA problem with ATI cards, like it was disabled for them or something),but other then that i beilve it still played the same overall on ATI cards.
  9. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    yups, i was forced to use some kind of hack to allow IN GAME AA in Batman, its so fucked up, and its not so great game after all, and make me dizzy after playing it several couple of hour.
  10. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Yeah.. loved the first one. Got me hooked and is a great re introduction to the batman lore.. will grab this one
  11. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    im currently playing it on my 360 only about 16% threw, but overall pretty fun so far
  12. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea played it on console i can say console vs PC with an ATI gpu the console version had more substance in terms of the physx etc with smoke and what not console vs PC + nvidia gpu is another story IF they fix the physx BS ill get it on PC if they dont ill just borrow it from my friends and play it beat it forget it and move on
  13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, the first was fun as hell, I can't wait to pick up the second!

And yes in game MSAA was added to the game by nVidia, the engine does not natively support any form of in game AA. NVidia had to pay for the developement, implementation, and testing of in game MSAA and hence was locked for use only by nVidia cards. ATi didn't help in any way to add the MSAA, the feature wasn't tested on ATi hardware, so there is no reason ATi cards should have it.

Of course PhysX wasn't enabled either for ATi cards, but ATi owners already knew they weren't getting PhysX when they bought the cards. If it wasn't important to you when you bought the card, don't whine that you don't have it.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  14. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    i never whinie about the physix, i don't even care about that, but they never mention about AA in the box, so i won't support this bs anymore.
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With or without AA/PhysX/whatnot, this game is good fun, especially if you're a fan of Batman and it's characters. I'm hoping the 2nd expands on the 1st. By the way AA is something that ATi cards can do with this engine, so hopefully Rocksteady won't alienate some of it's customers this time around.
  16. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    if i need a physx card thats fine but i dont see the point is having to buy a card for physx when 5 year old hardware handles it just as well if you get what i mean needing it for progress = :toast: im fine with that just im not gonna pay for a game on PC if i get less features then the console version and lesser gameplay surprisingly if the the new game offers me better gaming and less alienation id love to play it. I look it at along the lines of if your gonna try and shaft me im not gonna buy it if they bring a good game to the table that has more substance then its console version ill grab the PC game otherwise ill borrow or rent it beat it and move on just like i did with Batman AA. good game to be sure just meh on the features that were present on console with an ATi gpu but magically missing on PC with Ati hardware but enough with my Thread crapping.

lets hope this game is better then the previous game and offers us PC gamers some nice extra's
  17. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Arkham Asylum was good, but it could have been so much more. I enjoyed everything about the first one except for the Scarecrow sequences and Poison Ivy.
  18. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Not to get too far off topic, but the fact that ATi can* do the MSAA that was implemented into the Unreal Engine for this game has nothing to do with the fact that nVidia paid for the developement to actually have it developed and implemented into the game, so it only makes sense that it is used as a value added feature for their customers only.

And ATi users always had the option of using FSAA via CCC, just like any other game that doesn't natively support in game AA.

*Of course the fact that ATi can do the MSAA is arguable, with reports ranging from it works perfectly, to it works but doesn't actually apply the AA properly, to it causes game crashes.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  19. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
  20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    i really enjoyed the first one...it is the best batman game to have been released thus far...without a doubt.

i'm sure this next one will be just as good if not better.
  21. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

Paid for the development?

It's hardly development if the cards support AA anyway eh?

Literally all the game needs is a line of code that forces AA which costs about zero monies and takes about 40 seconds to do.
  22. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Pfft, sorry. It's nothing more than a greasing of the palm by Nvidia. Devs can make AA work for both cards. I'm sorry but it's complete BS. Nvidia payed to get AA only to work with their cards and it's clear as day to me. Say what you will, I see your point/stance and it's not chaning my mind at all. Do I really care? Not really. Do I care what others think? Not really. If developers can create a game and know the engine, they most certainly can make something as simple as anti-aliasing work in their game. Again, it doesn't even matter to me as I own an Nvidia card so I can enjoy their "enhancements".
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  23. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Everyone should get this game as it was announced that this is Kevin "The Real Batman" Conroy's last role as Batman. PhysX or not, I will be buying this for that reason along.

And while I can't say it was the best, it was darker, grittier, and nastier than any Batman game before it. Seriously speaking, there are at least 10+ scenes of you watching guards get killed in cold blood while saying stuff like, "Don't I have a family.....*BLAM*." I personally liked the Scarecrow scenes since they broke up the game enough to quail the since of repeating stuff. My only real complaint was lack of boss fights. I want more Poison Ivy battles on a larger scale with less Killer Croc "bad dog" fights.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  24. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait for this one. Was excited ever since they released the teaser last December :D