1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Batman: Arkham Fail

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheLaughingMan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I have been having a weird issue with Batman: AA since the 1.1 patch was installed.

I use to run the PhysX at High with no issue, except during the second Scarecrow fight. I found out later the PhysX were running off my CPU, which explained the temp increase of my system during that fight....but to the point.

Now when I am playing, everything runs great for a while. Then suddenly the game freaks out, turn black for a second or two and then minimizes itself. When I bring the game back up, the PhysX are broken (I hit a stack of papers on a desk, paper just hovers in place without falling). Anybody else have this issue and know how to correct it? I will test the PhysX at Low when I get off work and see if their is an issue with PhysX anywhere else.
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like a typical driver crash due to a high OC/overheating card.

Try other drivers, perhaps?

(before anyone starts, PLEASE keep the NV hate out of this thread over the AA issues)
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Visiting the fam and away from my baby, but will do. I will monitor the heat next time and maybe adjust the cooling curve again and different drivers or tweak something else cause right now I run the game at max everything. Thanks for the help.
  4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Tested the game with a more aggressive cooling profile and the error seems to be gone. Thanks.