1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battery issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by @RaXxaa@, Aug 15, 2009.

1. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, this is my post in a lng tym.... anyway i have noticed my battery in de laptop is fully chrgd to 98% nvr 100 arnd a week ago till nw... i dnt knw why but i think i need to recalibrate... its an asus g71, well bios had an option but it so slow and doesnt have a progress bar sumthng makes me impatient so i nvr tried it after 2 tyms b4 where i shut it dwn in the process, any help, guide wud be appriciated frm u all...
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Completely drain the battery, run the laptop on battery power untill it powers down, then charge the battery.
  3. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its Li-on battery and many sites say u shudnt apply tht method to li-ion batteries as it also shorten lifespan on de battery.... so i dunno cnt find anythng else?
  4. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    a battery will degrade over time... sh*t happens

but yeah your best bet would be to fully discharge the battery a couple of times with a solid recharge... and hopefully it will make it last longer for the mean time.
  5. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    You should try the full discharge and recharge as suggested and if that doesn't work, then re calibrate.

Do not leave it at 98%, otherwise you will damage the battery because you are overcharging.