1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 2 Connection-problems !!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ARCUS1200, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCUS1200 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I have played Battlefield 2 for over 1 week without problems, but now i get often a message that my version is not the original (i just installed it with the original DVD and activation code!).

The other problem is (the most awkward) that i often get disconnected (the game shuts itselfs off while i never download stuff when i play). I have a 20mbit (!!!) ADSL internetconnection, so that is not the problem (i think it's one of the fastest internetconnections a man can get at the moment back here in the Netherlands.

What can i do about it? Reinstall it (although it always worked fine, and i didn't change anything in the gamefiles itselfs). Also, what patches should i have to run?

Another problem what could cause the problem is a corrupt Creative Soundblasterfile which can't be fixed easy because it's a common known bug. But i am not sure if that is really causing the problem during BF2. Offline playing works fine (but to be honest: who likes to play offline with this game....certainly not me!).

Help me out plz.....i am googling around but till now nothing worked out.

Thanks in advance,

ARCUS1200 . . . :(

2. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    and you have to open some ports and other thing in your router sometimes if u have one

4. ARCUS1200 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Routerports + banned from some servers (what to do now?)

@gR3iF,

ehm.....i don't know !@#$% about my ADSL router ....lol :confused:

what do I have to check 'n change ?

I have downloaded the latest patch....but still BF2 shuts itself down after a game sometimes....(how annoying snifff.... :mad: )

By the way,.....on some servers i have been kicked from them, because i killed too many teammates (stupid sometimes, because often they just jump in front of ur Hummer or plane and then u just can't avoid making teammate casualties....). Can this be un-done? And is it temporarely or period? Because some servers are very fast.......because of low pings (which means they lag less).

Greetz,

ARCUS.

P4-2.53 Ghz / 1024 Gb DDR RAM / Radeon 9500 - 64 MB.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Patch 1.03 is supposed to be fix the team killing problems.

6. ARCUS1200 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Patch 1.03

Hey,

When will Patch 1.03 be released for download on the web? Or is it already availeble (and if so , do you have a link, because i can't find it, only Patch 1.02.....!).

Greetings,

ARCUS. :)

7. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/635/635897p1.html

Should be released near end of August :)

8. bcgone5150 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Teamkilling is part of the game. If you kill to many team members during a game sometimes servers will kick you out. It is temporary so dont worry.

Patch 1.03 will be out at the end of August sometime.