1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It's the same limited edition.
  2. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    my bad, yes they says its limited so I think its ok, weeks ago it wasn't mentioned as Limited edition
  3. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    You won't get early beta access unless you order through Origin. Otherwise, you may as well get it through D2D (you'll probably just get a code to plug into Origin anyway).

I was charged in full immediately (but I used PayPal, and that may differ from other payment methods) and I was told by EA support that it was an authorization charge (bullshit) and would be refunded to the card within 7 business days (didn't happen) then I would be charged again on release. I wouldn't order through Origin if you're not prepared to be charged immediately.
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Well Steam charges you immediately on pre-order so no problem. I'm used to steam and it's such a pitty I'll have to use origin now. It feels a bit wonky and it still states it's "beta"
  5. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    do you think they gonna charge you twice .... its my 1st time buying something downloadable

EDIT:if purchase was from France(my friend) and I live in Iraq do you think its ok cause I've found on D2D thats BF3 LE in restricted to my IP and maybe its the same on Origin?(do anyone had such situation :buying downloadable game from a country and then download it from another country?) I did chat with EA support but they were unhelpful

,If BF3 is in my Origin account showed as pre-ordered is that mean that I'm gonna be able to download it when released and play it?
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  6. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    whats best the price in Canada to order
  7. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Founds were blocked for a few days on my account when I pre-ordered. I have BF3 listed in Origin so I guess everything is fine in my case.
    I believe that if you won't get beta access cause you preordered elsewhere/earlier EA support will still unlock anyway if you ask their support.

I'm happy Steam gets put away with this game. Their price policy is simply retarded and for that fact its a good enough reason to buy elsewhere.
  8. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    my friend got an email after he pre-ordered with all purchase details but no serial number for the game I asked the support, they said the serial will be given in an email when the game released is that same situation with you (pre-ordered from Origin).
  9. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    they took mine out back in May when i pre ordered.

try Origin use the Canada web site ,select it from the country menu on the webpage.
  10. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Preorder box is being sold at MediaMarkt here in Poland. It says that you get this unique black metal box and code for weapon unlocks + the game price will be reduced by this price.
    I find it kinda funny you can preorder and get a box ^^
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
  12. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    yea lots of download for PC I guess its 9-10GB
  13. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pre ordered yesterday :d

edit: Gamestation in the UK were doing a special where you get something called the physical weapons pack as an addon. Game in the US are doing this too apparently. This tipped me over the edge into pre-order!
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    good - every BF3'er we get is 5 less people for MW3. Why? because you will go to your mates and brag about it and they will want a slice of BF3 too!!

I like the odds
  15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Me too !
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    From Origin?
  17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    That pack is just to get it right away, I'm pretty sure it will unlock for everyone as they level. Much like with BC2 certain places gave out weapon unlocks like the AKS-74u, you would get it at level 1, but if you didn't you would get it as you unlocked Engineer. I could be wrong on this though, but I don't think I am.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe not man. MoH never released the M60 as an unlock. The only way to get it even today would have been to pre-order. Which SUCKS because the M60 was/is awesome in that game.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Lets hope it's not like that. I'm pretty sure the warfare pack is the one the community was throwing a big fit over though, and they reassured us it was available to everyone.

Like the flash supressor, if theres only one in the game and you can't unlock it and it only comes with the pack, it's like you need that pack if you want to play close quarters Recon. Wouldn't make a ton of sense.
  20. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, come to find out they hold it for a week then
    release those funds and then upon release they take
    out the funds again. I called Orgin Customer service.

A couple hours if they have good server to download from. Well for some of us I guess.
  21. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Preordered on Orgin, still eager as hell to get into the Beta.

Hurry up!!!!
  22. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    Muahahahaha!
  23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i hope that doesn't mean what i think it means ;)
    Scrizz says thanks.
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    *Sneaking up behind Scrizz who is laughing sadistically*
    *whispering in his ear before the blade is drawn that BF3 is soon and I smell tags!*

[​IMG]
    Scrizz and digibucc say thanks.
  25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3 beta – “Hundreds” of changes from alpha, day one patches likely

Tue, Sep 06, 2011 | 14:36 BST

Battlefield 3′s September beta won’t be a cosmetic affair, and will result in changes for day one patches and Battlelog right up to launch. Head below for audio of DICE devs talking about the beta, confirmation of “hundreds” of changes being made to the game based on the alpha and everything we know about the beta so far.

In regards to the Battlefield 3 beta, the billion dollar question is “when”.

Speaking in a roundtable interview in Sweden last week, game dev head Patrick Bach was coy when pressed on a specific date.

“Soon,” he said.

A fellow DICE staffer added: “Well, we’ve said September, so it’ll be soon.”

Bach then said: “Before the game ships,” before his teammate said, “Sometime between now and the end of September.”

The final game itself releases on October 25.

Bach went on to say the alpha and imminent beta are working tests, and are very much affecting the end product.

“There were plenty of complaints, of course,” he said in answer to VG247 reader Colin Gallacher, who asked whether or not feedback from the alpha had impacted the shooter.

“There were some things we found out that we wanted to change based on the alpha; quite a lot, actually,” he said.

“Everything from gun-balancing to the placement of the objectives on the Rush map; we actually moved them around based on [the fact] that the first base was quite hard to take. We are still moving things around on that map to utilise feedback from the alpha.

“That’s why we’re doing it. It’s not to market the game, it’s actually to test it in a proper way. There are hundreds of things that we’ve changed since the alpha.

“Again, to the beta question, we are releasing the beta before the game and we are actually changing stuff based on that before we ship the game, even though you could argue that that’s very late close to the ship of the game, we will still have time to do, for instance, day one patches and changes to the Battlelog that will actually be game-changing.”

Bach was speaking during a trip to DICE last week by VG247, RPS and Eurogamer.

As to what to expect from the beta itself, DICE has been noncommittal up to this point. You’ll get a map, obviously, but it’s unknown if there’ll be more than one.

As the BF3Blog guesses, it’s likely to be a larger level so all modes of combat can be tested, and it’s expected the beta will go live for all platforms: PC, 360 and PS3.

Obviously, you’ll need to be a Gold Live sub if you’re playing on 360. Those that bought the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor last year are guaranteed a spot, as you are if you pre-order the PC version through Origin.
    Scrizz, caleb, random and 4 others say thanks.