1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
  2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    and yet it will still be the best looking game they have ever played.

3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Finally, the console gamers get shafted instead of PC gamers. I'm ok with that.

4. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    they are not getting shafted, they are just finally being made to feel their age (console tech is VERY old)

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, how much do we stick into our machines every new generation of games ?
    Sorry , but when they pay $300 and they are still using the same system 5 years
    later I don't have any sympathy. We pay to have all the eye candy
    and bells and whistles IMO.

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Not only do we have to pay, but normally we have to tweak it, but thats the part I usually enjoy, adjust my field of view, seeing what settings give how much of an effect.

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I left out the part about building and tweaking the systems to get them where we want them.
    They have none of that. No wonder I hate console gaming. That and I totally suck with the controllers.
    Well I totally suck any way , but 10 times worse when I try controllers. BF3 this weekend. I keep telling myself that.
    I'm getting the Logitech Z506 speakers for my main machine this weekend. I heard they sound pretty good gaming.

8. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    According to EA’s CFO Eric Brown, an astonishing 1.25 million copies of Battlefield 3 have been pre-ordered already, surpassing pre-order figures of all previous Battlefield games.

“To date we have about 1.25 million pre-orders on Battlefield 3, so it’s still well ahead of its predecessor title, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, in regards to pre-orders in the same number of weeks until launch. So it’s doing very well,” said Brown.

Of course, Brown couldn’t miss out the opportunity to rub it in Call of Duty’s face.

“We have the advantage of a two-and-a-half week early launch window verses our competitor [Call of Duty: MW3], and we intend to use that,” he gloated.

With over a month still to go before the game is released, (25/10/11) it will be interesting to see how many more copies get pre-ordered, and how many copies are sold overall. Will it beat Modern Warfare 2, which sold over 10 million copies in the U.S. alone? Or will it go one better and beat the biggest game of all time: Super Mario Bros on the NES, which sold over a whopping 40 million copies? Unlikely, perhaps, but only time will tell…

Incidentally, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 goes on sale shortly after Battlefield 3

linky for source

9. caleb

Thanks Received:
    It would be cool of they added the change of voice effect from normal environmental effect if your next to each other ingame into radio effect further away/behind a wall etc. I think Creative once tried to sell that kind of technology with some sound card but as all the dev's went with their own sound engine it died.
    I would totally cum if there was a mode to hear others comm's when you are near them. OMFG can you imagine the fun ? Just like BC2 when after you get a kill there's "man down man down" from next enemy and you instantly know there are more enemies hidden.

10. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    buy something better!

11. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I dont think thats possible nor does that 'technology' exist.

a soundcard cant differentiate whats radio or voice chatter ingame, let alone know how near or far or if their behind a wall that player is. their not that advanced.

Something like that can only be done by the games software itself. i.e you can hear footsteps fading and footsteps getting closer to your position. voices can also be 'muffled' if their behind a wall. but that has to be hard programmed into the game itself and not handled/processed by the soundcard.

12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Like what for $100 ?

13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I actually just got a deal at wally world on a sony 1000watt home theater setup, blu-ray & 5.1. it was $150.

so much better than my logitechs, or anything else available at that price. i know i could have gotten a regular receiver, etc - but price-performance, i am very happy with this...

14. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I WANT AMD BULLDOZER AND BF3 SO BADLY:banghead::banghead::banghead:

15. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Wow, 1280x704p sounds like a very awkward resolution.

Not surprising though considering BF3 will probably push the Consoles hardware beyond what they have been pushed to in the past. It would be practically impossible to maintain above 30 FPS in BF3 in HD res on a console unless they really stripped the game engine down.

16. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    does that Sony have hdmi ports,Also do you use the hdmi to the Sony then to TV-Monitor.Also don`t expect the Sony to decode Dolby digital from your PC it has to support the format like the Onkyo 609 .You will get it in Powerdvd 10-11 only.http://www.onkyo.ca/model.cfm?m=TX-NR609&class=Receiver&p=f

Streaming Audio From PC <<<< you need this support for Dolby in games for it to work,I know because my 508 does not do it.
    Streaming Audio From USB memory

17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well, she would know so wait for a response or PM her...

Yes the main point here is that an XBox is damn near 6 years old wtf do people expect?

18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I just go hdmi-> tv, 3.5mm audio->sony . I also have two pretty expensive JBL monitors that i can hook in there when i want, though i don't do that often.

one hdmi out, no hdmi in. i don't care if it is actually surround or not, as now i have a blu-ray/dvd player, and i won't have to use the pc anymore. anything else i do on the pc does not have true surround (mp3s, web videos, netflix/hulu) and the few games that do use it , and well, i can live with the trade-off and save $200 on a z-5500 or similar.

it does have an A.F.D. Multi mode that sounds great, high bass, and uses all but the center speaker. i use that for pc usage, and the true surround for discs (though i don't use discs much) it also has another mock surround, that uses all speakers including sub& center, but the bass is much lower. i prefer more bass :)

agreed.

19. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    This generation of Consoles have been capable of running some beautiful engines even with hardware from 2005-2006.(PS3 is based on the 7800 series cards and 360 is based off of 2900-3800 series cards), yes very old.

BF3 will probably be the only game for a while that will actual make console gamers lose something.

20. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    pretty cool buy i must say.
    A.F.D is Auto Format Decode.Just leave that on all the time,Only thing with Sony is they use bad center channel coils in their receivers just a heads up on that.

digibucc says thanks.
  21. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  22. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Cool addition of paratrooping in with an outdoor beacon! I always liked playing the map that you flew in on in BC2.

23. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I didnt....I tended to get picked off by cunt snipers on the way in

24. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Well now you can blame the sniper who placed the spawn point there rather than the game :p

On that note, I hope they somehow addressed the spawn camping that happened a bit too often in BC2.

casual swift says thanks.
  25. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    bigger maps should help. there will simply be more to do, so even if there are spawn campers, there will be proportionally fewer of them.