1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope. The Milad tower was done in 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milad_Tower

Cheap middle east knock off like I said.

2. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    More Battlefield 3 Details Revealed on Twitter

Friday, 9 September, 2011 at 0:16 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News

DICE's Alan 'Demize99' Kertz answered a whole lot of of Battlefield 3 questions on twitter tonight. Some are quite specific with a lot of juicy details.
    - Details on revive system
    - Mortor has HE and smoke rounds
    - Stingers can be shot from passenger seat
    - Flight models same on PC and console
    - Ammo crates replenish grenades, claymores, 40mm slower than magazine rounds (more info)
    - Authentic Marine ranks, all 50
    - Marksman bonus is back
    - Wide shotgun variety
    - 1 hit kill bolt action sniper rifles, hardcore mode vs normal
    - Not shotgun sniper riles
    - Light jeeps w/ heavy MG
    - Spawning on squad beacon, indoors vs outdoors (parachute)
    - Squad beacon goes away on respawn
    - Conquest flag points vary on map size, consistent on all platforms
    - 6x zoom for non recon rifles
    - New vehicles to Battlefield included in BF3
    - Transport chopper pilot rewards
    - Supersonic bullets making crackling noise
    - BF3 supports multithreading
    - New hitreg system for BF3
    - Squad specs don't stack
    - No environmental damage with frag grenades
    - Health regen is a server setting

(visit site for links)

3. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Will be B2K avaible still later after game is released? And if yes, will I have to buy it, like Vietnam for BC2?

4. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I love the : Transport chopper pilot rewards

I love running transport. in BF2 i would create a squad and call it transport. Then I would fly the blackhawk from base to wherever and have my squad mates running the mini-guns. Worked great when I had people who knew how to fire a mini gun. I got shot down alot when people would sit in the mini gun position and do absolutely nothing.

5. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    can someone copy and paste the information?

6. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    And once again, Dice actually makes me interested and want to play the single player! Awesome trailer, so much stuff happening. I know I'm going to just jump into playing the multi opening day, but these trailers keep making the single player look better and better.

7. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    yes, it will be available (when it is released), and yes, if you did not pre-order, you will have to pay for it.

blue.dot says thanks.
  8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  10. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I flew loads of transport missions in BF2. the only time i got ANY sort of reward was when one of the guys on the mini-guns took someone out and BF2 Pre-1.51 patch was nigh on impossible.

Peoples attitudes reflected it in gameplay. players would just jump into the blackhawk and take off without picking anyone up. and the chopper usually ended up being dumped a few seconds later once the pilot has reached a cap point away from the carrier.

flying in the attack chopper was better though. gets more kills = more rewards for the pilot

(I always prefered to be the pilot)

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  11. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Don’t Revive Me Bro - Podcast Episode 24: Ian aka Crash7800. The BF3 CM for EA

12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
  13. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    good try man, good try. I don't know how Gully does it all, but sure am glad he does.

14. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Exactly! I hated the pilots who jumped in the Blackhawk and got a full load of us the jumped out over the destination with out warning. :mad:
    I wish they had the option of roping down from the chopper too. That way I could hover and the guys on the mini guns could provide cover while the squad in the hold rappelled to the roof or ground. That would be cool. It would be nice if they included the option to engage hover so that the chopper could hover at a preset height like in ARMA II. It would be something that would have to be turned on or off like autopilot or cruise control.
    That would be useful as the pilot could put the bird in hover and switch to mini-gun or bay and man a sniper rifle or something and use it as a floating nest. Or a sniper could be in the bay and the pilot could set it to hover while the squad rappelled and a sniper covers them as well as the mini-guns.....maybe that is a little too much like ARMA II and Rainbow Six...:p

15. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Then DICE should hurry up with the beta :)
    Actually, it looks for very late September :(

CDdude55 says thanks.
  16. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya and that's a terrible date for the Beta.

I so eager to play!!

blue.dot says thanks.
  17. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Heh, i'd love to know the forum site address for the suggestion box for BF3. Submit a couple suggestions including "move up the Beta" ^_^

CDdude55 says thanks.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if DICE has discovered some kinda neurological algorithm that will make peoples nuts explode if they take the F#$KING transport helicopter EMPTY at the start of a match.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  19. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    lol, Ive done that sometimes but only when the people that spawn aren't entering the heli with me, so i would just take it and go on a suicide mission where i try to crash the heli into as many enemies as possible. :roll:

20. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    My algorithm is to plant c4 on the chopper when they are going to take off and blow them away over the water. or mow em down with the AA weapons

CDdude55 says thanks.
  21. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I used to do the same (plant C4) on land vehicles and try to blow up in the right spots lol. It's so entertaining.

I miss doing that.:(

22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Equally as annoying, but im usually pilot anyway and i dont do something like that unless the chopper is fucked and we really need to bail out

Thats why they give you parachutes as standard.

Not gonna happen. Pilots Always have to be at the stick especially when theres so many threats, especially when your attempting a drop or pickup in a hot LZ

small arms fire, tanks, mounted MGs, Engineers with RPGs. and we havent even counted enemy choppers and Jet aircraft.

Might sound like a good idea on paper, but put to practise no one would ever use that feature/function.

Transport choppers dont handle very well so you need to be aware of your surroundings and incoming threats so you can react. Autopilot would just get you killed.

I only tend to use the blackhawk as a gun platform with my clan, but we're all on teamspeak so any of the guys on the guns can just tell me to give them more of a firing angle if they need to chase a target.

23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Well, I only meant the hover for assisting the pilot in tough spots not an actual autopilot. The roping would be kind of like BF2 zip line or grapple hook. This way, the chopper could really do a drop in a zone where landing could be deadly. I agree that parachutes is what they give us but I still think that maybe if you have a grapple hook or something, you could use that and rappel down instead of parachute or land. Just a thought. i threw in the pilot switching positions as an after-thought. The primary idea was for a sniper platform. i usually try to have guys on TS or VOIP when im piloting. i just hope the controls will be like BF2 for the chopper. The blackhawk handles on BFBC2 like a pregnant cow with a spinning blade keeping it up, BF2 seemed easier to pilot the chopper. Also, joysticks should be recommended for PC gamers so that we would know what sticks work best and are fully supported or at least require less customizing.

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    A good tip with coming in low to do drop offs with the transport chopper is to gain some altitude when you take off, roll off the torque a little. Ideally you want the throttle at around 70-80% - even as low as 60-65% if possible.

set up a steep angle of decent so youre still accelerating - the remaining 20-30% of throttle is youre reserve power or overdrive incase you need to dodge jets or anti-aircraft on the way in.

when you come in low. keep an eye on altitude, you want to come in as low to the ground without touching it.

you can cut down on the torque to 40% so you can at least hover. order everyone to bail out, then crank the throttle to max and the blackhawk should respond almost instantly and get you out of the area.

Also when you are hovering, make sure the chopper isnt at a complete stop or the 'overdrive' wont react the same when you floor it. Gotta keep the chopper moving.

think of the blackhawk as having turbo lag like a racing car.

-----

as for hover, I still think its a bad idea, as hovering is so easy to do.

25. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I forgot to mention earlier, but with Recon spawn beacons out doors deploying you in the air is interesting. I don't think I like the concept though, expect to see people landing on roofs and on hills that are on the border of the maps, and the only way to access these places is by spawning off a beacon.

They fixed the LMG accuracy problem a long time ago with nerf after nerf to the M60. I put a ton of hours in with the M60 back when it was great, and it shows it's accuracy. The besrt LMG now is the PKM, and here's the stat differences for me. M60 = 13.3 headshots/hour and 55.6 kills/hour vs the PKM = 12.6 heads/hour and 70.6 kills/hour. I didn't start using the PKM till they made it the best LMG, and it by far is a better killing machine than the M60 was, but I felt like a sniper with the M60, I rarely kill people at range with the PKM. (using Iron sights for both examples) I do like the look of the Bipod though, should be interesting to see in use.

Recon is a great tool, but I don't see why they are so OP in HC mode, without a minimap, their greatest tool (motion mine) isn't too useful. Motion mine + shotgun = lame as hell if the player is really good.

CG is M2CG (the personnel rocket). I feel RPG's arc isn't that great against troops, and it's movement is slow.

I like the diversity. I have the Specact dlc and I use it to play all of my kits 2 ways since I can save 2 loadouts for each kit.
    Assault 1 = AR/Noob tube extension/Mag Ammo (this is my removing ranged cover spec) Assault 2 = Usas-12/Extended C4/Extended Shotty Clip (close range ownerer, and c4 for removing other team off flag caps).
    Engi 1 = Shotty/Extended Rockets/Extra Rocket Damage/Tracer (I stay in towns to own people with shotty, and hammer tanks from distance)
    Engi 2 = SMG/landmines/extra landmines (my favorite, place landmines and forget about them, work on flag capping).
    Medic 1 = shotty/sprint/extended shotty clips (flag capping meat grinder who keeps allies up) Medic 2 = PKM/sprint/mag ammo (Medium range and more tactical play)
    Recon 1 = Sniper Rifle/Mortar/12x Scope (long range lamer) Recon 2 = Usas 12/Sprint/Extended shotty clips (close range meat grinder you can't hide from, and will c4 to remove you off flag)

Thats just 2 ways off playing each kit, but you can do more, like Assault toss on a scope and almost become a Sniper (with an ammo box for your wookie friends), or Medic do the same and sit with your Wookie Squad and revive them when other Snipers get them. Or Recon use a VSS rather than a Shotty and be the guy who moves outside a flag, motion mines it, others move in then you do right after them and clear the flag. I just like being able to make the classes have multiple play styles.