1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    eEmm, maybe coz consoles uses different APIs such as xinput for XBox and libgcm and psgl for PS3

2. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    he has been around along time ,I have him in my Steam friends list plus he was one of the founders here http://www.a2gaming.com/

Funny you say he got caught stat padding in BC2 I know he did that in TF2 but That explains why he never played BC2 after that Stab Dice contest.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    :p

Depends how you qualify best. Tims a great player, but his kdr will not reflect that since he has 67k kills and 42k dogtags, meaning only 25k gun kills. There plenty of times he has the shot, but goes for the knife. I respect that, but I've been there too many times where theres a 10% chance I can stab them, I just go with the 90% and take the shot. When the game came out and I was tag crazy, thats when I went for the 10%. But you can tell he is good by looking at his SPM, 253 is up there, though his win loss ratio is horrible for some reason.

4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    What to do !

So if I can't max this out with a 6870 I'm thinking about a 6970 then I thought I could get another motherboard and 6870 and run Xfire for about the same price, but then of course I would have to reinstall everything. Is there a crossfire board that would have the same drivers and stuff I have on mine that would allow just a swap with out all the driver headaches and reinstalling everything ? It would be my gigabyte board on my specs. That would also allow some better Overclocking ability as opposed to the Micro board.

You know I play engineer mostly and the fact I run around with the RPG instead of my rifle has a lot to do with my K/D in that class. I will run head on into some one and have to try and switch back to a gun and get killed 99% or the time. That and the fact I suck:roll:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i highly doubt it. crossfire should mean better components, if it works with old drivers it's not a very good board imo.

6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Technically you can just swap it with any motherboard. The issue in a 32-bit OS was if you had say 4 GB of RAM installed you would have already used all your memory address space. When you swap the board, the OS would try to make the new ports and devices it found, but would not be able to. Solution is an OS reinstall.

If you are running a 64-bit OS, then you still have plenty of room for new address space and the OS will just remap everything. The reason this can be done, but is not recommended is it can create hardware conflicts and will slow your system down a little. When you PC needs to access say the Realtek NIC, it checks the address and sees 2. It tries one, not installed or functioning, so it tries the second, success. Constantly doing this for practically everything will just slow every task down slightly.

And when I said best in BF2142, I just meant with the knife weapon. Not the best player period.

7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Just get a 6970 or 6950 2gb dual bios and be done with it. I still believe my 5850 will do OK in the long run

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah, it's technically possible to do a lot of things that you simply shouldn't do. some have little to no reasoning behind them - swapping motherboards however is not one of those.

i have done it, and the amount of time you might save is simply not worth the hassle of running a swapped motherboard. imo it's only a matter of time before it causes problems.

9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Hard to say if he is the best, he is really good, one thing is most likely for certain, he most likely possesses the most tags.

I agree, I enjoy my 6950 2gb, seems to have higher min fps than my 2x 5850's did.

10. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I have looked into trying to sell my 5850 on ebay due to the bitcoin mining thing and buy a ref 6950 2gb dual bios. but I will wait until BF3 and see how it will run it cause if I dont need it then there is no sense in spending more money for it.

alexsubri says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    was wondering. i'm only using 1x 5850 for everything atm, and not having any issues. i planned on pulling my second out of the htpc when bf3 comes around.

looks like an upgrade will be necessary to max it? i was not planning n that... :(

12. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    did anyone play the alpha with a 5850? and if so, did it do well?

digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I just kill them with the rocket then, which is usually the Gustav (plus explosive upgrade making them more effective against vehicles) making it easier. I don't give a shit if they bitch and call me a noob.

14. random

random

Thanks Received:
    lol I am not sure why people cry about the gustav in the first place, it is meant for urban warfare.

15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i only get mouses with extra side buttons. in bc2 they were set each to main/alternate weapon (1/2).

so in most firefight i would start and soften with the ak and then quickly switch to gustav and fire a rocket. no one expected it.

i think that it was a well balanced mechanic. as often as not it would miss or they'd run as it takes a second. i'd read people called it a noob weapon but i don't recall anyone saying it to me.

16. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I bet that'd change once you get a nemesis pin from unintentionally blowing up the same person over and over again :laugh:

digibucc says thanks.
  17. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ewwwwwwwww.......Gustav noobs.......

Personally I get a much much higher score, k/d when I use the Assault kit (w/o GL), so yeah, you suck :(

18. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I did. It worked quite well on stock. I'm just worried about Final Release performance but I'm sure EA will optimize it too. Just do not expect to full Tessellation-ize it ^_^.
    I had it at Max Settings I could find at the time. I don't run in 16x anything except when running something like HL/HL2 or CS:Source.

19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    so then with 2x in crossfire i might be able to max it entirely?

alexsubri says thanks.
  20. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    My highest K/D kit is tied with MEDIC or RECON. I'm usually using the LMG with the built in scope as MEDIC or the M95 with 12x as RECON. MP443 all the way....It does not pack a big punch but I have 17 rounds to burn through before I have to stop firing. Chances are that I will drop you first unless you are a dead aim with the 1911 or revolver while moving around.

21. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Boooo.....sadly my ping is like 400ms in American servers, no point in further trash-talking :(

22. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. You should not have any problem setting 16x across the board. I might crossfire my 5850 just to tide me over till 7xxx series becomes affordable for me. I have a 750w Earthwatts Antec PSU and 2 HDD/1 SSD so I'm fairly sure I should be fine. The only other thing when Bulldozer comes out to ballbust Intel is to get a better CPU fan besides the N520 I'm using now.

23. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Haha, I personally use all weapons and I find GL to be very useful for blowing up cover, I can't imagine playing assault without it but yeah its next to useless on big open maps so I usually use smoke instead.

24. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    When i use GL, I love smoking the area continuously until people get pissed off. :roll:

random says thanks.
  25. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, am gonna be honest, these days I don't care about being an elitist or anything like that, I started using the Assault kit + explosive perk + extra grenades. I use the GL to kill crowded enemies camping inside buildings, of course they are usually too dumb to leave after being hit by the first grenades.