1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Here is a question that has probably been asked a bunch:

If I order from Origin, is it possible to get both a downloaded and physical copy with my purchase? For the same price, of course.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Probably not. I had ordered my copy from the EA store way back in January and when Origin fired up I received the email about my "Digital Preorder" and would get Dead Space 2 or Mass Effect 2 for free. I thought this was strange since I did the exact same thing for BC2 preorder and they shipped me a hard copy. So I got on live chat on Origin and asked if my Preorder was a Digital or Hardcopy and she told me Digital. I cancelled my Preorder and repreordered a Hard copy through Origin (which was not an option when I did it the first time) and they decided to charge me tax this time.

Newegg has/had a deal on BF3 preorder for 47.99 which I took advantage of and cancelled my order through Origin again. You still get the Back to Karkand pack and as far as the weapon pack (that flechette ammo and flash hider)well you still get it, you just have to unlock it through ranks as opposed to having it on Day 1. Not worth the extra 12 bucks IMO.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky and MT Alex say thanks.
  4. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    The sound and fury of BF3's Operation Guillotine (with first 360 footage)

The thing that never quite comes across in all of the footage EA and DICE have released is how likely Battlefield 3 is to get you kicked out of your apartment. Take this video, for example. It looks great. We're seeing the Frostbite 2 engine at night, for a change, and that light mortar? Awesome. And there are plenty of explosions in there, and gunshots, and yeah, they seem loud. But the videos just don't cover it.

How do I know? Because I just sat at Dolby Labs in San Francisco and played it. And let me tell you. You have no idea.

Most games' gunfire pops – Battlefield 3's roars. It features some of the most aggressive use of positional audio I've heard, and it really works to establish the feel of the campaign. While Operation Guillotine starts off slowly, with a quick sitrep courtesy of your commanding officer's discussion with Haymaker squad, you're in the, er, poop, soon enough.

Explosions rocked me as I raced down a hill with the rest of the fireteams involved in Guillotine's assault. As rockets exploded in the distance, there was a distinct difference in tonal quality to the whumps and booms. NPCs don't raise their voices, they shout like their lives depend on you hearing what they have to say.

Having seen Modern Warfare 3 in a similar capacity, it's sound, not visuals, that sets Battlefield 3 apart so much. It isn't that Modern Warfare 3 sounds bad, exactly. It's just not Battlefield. And it's good that there's that distinction, because spending an admittedly limited 15 minutes with Operation Guillotine, Battlefield 3 doesn't play much differently – at least on this level.

The guns have multiple fire modes, and I appreciated being able to set my G3 to semi-automatic fire, but my play style fell directly into the Call of Duty habits I've developed over the years, right down to using the aim-down-sights zoom to do most of my aiming for me. Operation Guillotine is pretty funneled, and as great as it looks, and as great as it sounds, when I went to the door of a building full of insurgents and couldn't blast it off its hinges with a shotgun... well, I was disappointed.

It doesn't play badly. I still had fun. But my brief time with Battlefield 3's campaign didn't feel as Battlefield-ish as I'd like. Still, we'll have to see how the full campaign turns out when it releases next month. And please, warn your neighbors.
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Hope so.

We Origin people should start adding people from TPU no?

My name on Origin is Nonlin

Please add me :) I want to play with decent people :)
  6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Mine is iancomings1...........why can I not change it?
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    My Origin name is Mysteic
  8. Abe504

Abe504 New Member

Thanks Received:
    add me, origin name is Abe504; im down to play with some good players
  9. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Mine is NuclearFallOut:toast:
  10. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    bah, all friends list will be done through battlelog anyway. I would wait and get your soldier name from the beta (will likely be a persistent name and dog tags for final release)
  11. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Nope it never worked in Alpha ,And you have to use your EA/Origin account for it.As for beta they will probably let us keep the level ups and names like they did in BF4Play,Remember it is not just a beta we get we also have Vet status for it too.
  12. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    go into your Origin settings and select Keep game file installers ,This will let you copy it to DVD for hard copy.And they will be in your C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache\ folders ,Just don`t hit the delete all game installers button.....
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky and MT Alex say thanks.
  13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Since we don't have a clan, what are some good tactical clans? I'm technically part of MIA clan but havent talked to them in almost a year. I'm looking for a clan where we would operate like a real military force with tactics etc.
  14. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    We should make a clan called "The Postmen", run by the one and only Mailman. Many lulz would be had, I'm sure.
  15. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Good name. Question though would be: will we be tactical or would we be the chicken running around headless?
  16. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Ask Mailman. I have a feeling one of the things he takes seriously is Battlefield.

The answer to your question is:

SPECIAL TACTICS
  17. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Good cause I want to roll with a crew of competent, tactical minded gamers who use strategy to win. I also like a group who take running transport seriously.
  18. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Think I've added everyone who didn't add me.
  19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Idaho49ers
  20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well that was an Alpha, and you will have to use your account to login, but I'm pretty sure Battlelog will be running off of your soldier name, not your origin name. As they want you to be able to find games, look up stats, and all that jazz with it. And the friends list will be running through Battlelog, so I would think using that should be fine with soldier names.
  21. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking forward to flying transport again. I'm looking for good crew mates.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  22. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    My origin name is MontagesNmore (like my YT channel).

I hate writing on the EA BF3 PC forums! Literally like 12 year old boys asking the stupidest questions, and even started a forum asking, "Will BF3 poop in your mouth?"

It's ridiculous!

Anyways , here is better image test PC vs XBOX 360
    PC
    [​IMG]
    XBOX360
    [​IMG]
    PS3

uknown
  23. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    nope you need the Origin account as one full account.IE Qrigin=Nuclear Fallout BF3battlelog=Nuclear Fallout
  24. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I can almost grantee that unlocks will not be persistent from beta to final release.

agreed.

I doubt this. you can only have one origin account, you can have multiple soldiers, and they can NOT have the same name, nor the same friends list. therefore, battlelog must have a separate friends list.
  25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I remember in the Alpha unlocking the MP-7. That weapon was awesome at close to mid and sometimes long if you burst it. I look forward to equipping that when flying choppa. ^_^