1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caleb

Thanks Received:
    BC2 takes ages to load in dx9 and loads blazing fast with dx10 at my old junk.

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    ahh, yeah i never used it in dx9 . but that would be shaders or something would it not? not hdd loading...

3. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Well it's confirmed apparently to be 3x the size of bfbc2 maps but then again I am not sure if that includes heavy metal and such which imo looks significantly larger than the maps released with bad company 2 on launch.

digibucc says thanks.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That was by far the worst thing about BF2. Drove me nuts. If you got on a shit map or 2 you spent way to much time waiting for maps to load. If BF3 is even close to that slow for load times I'll lose interest fast. :banghead:

5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    as for old bf2 keys ,It says in the Origin faq for retail keys must be 2009 and newer for them to work.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6941361.page

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
  7. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I was saying for the retail keys to work in Origin IE if I buy Bad Company 2 and redeem my code in Origin it will work If I use any thing older then 2009 it will not work, BF2 was out in 05. If your having problems with the key just type without the - or the spaces.

Also you need to read what I also posted It is from EA/ Dice themselves one name for Origin one name for game, Maybe why it is not working for you. As for the other that have multi names they made it before they took it away .

When you first login to Origin, you are asked if you want to change your Avatar, your personal information and your EA Master ID. Once you proceed past this point and save changes, you will not be able to change your Master ID again.

EA_AgentX

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Ah, I was just talking about making a second soldier name in BC2, but I got it figured out. I hadn't really tried much before, but was just curious about it.

9. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Yep you were right you can make soldier names in BC2,Maybe you can in BF3 also.I logged into BC2 in Origin and i could make the name.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, my money would be on it being the same login setup as BC2. Except instead of using your email to login, you will just use your Origin account, then you will select your soldier name after that. Though hopefully the use of Origin will make banning hackers easier, like VAC and Steam, I would laugh. Granted people will just make new accounts for their games they want to hack, but oh well.

11. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Guys my friend is wanting to play BF3 on PC but due to the fact he is a broke College student money is tight. He really wants to play BF3 so he was going to just get it on console but I've convinced him to use his spare loan money on a good PC so he can enjoy BF3 in all its might and glory (and so we can MP). His budget for the rig was 500, now I made him one a bit over that, but I'll convince him its worth it assuming it is a good rig to begin with.

Just wanting to get some second opinions if someone thinks they can do better for less or if they think this won't be enough to run it and why?

[​IMG]

12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Having had to pay back student loans, myself, I can honestly say that is some of the shittiest advice I've heard someone give another in a long time.

ShiBDiB says thanks.
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Since he is going for a budget, I would look to an Athlon II vs the PII. Since you seem to know your way around OCing, you can help him, the Athlons OC like crazy, will cut some cost and shouldn't lose too much in performance goign with this
    AMD Athlon II X4 631 Llano 2.6GHz 4MB L2 Cache Soc...

Also no point in getting an AM3 mobo, might as well get an AM3+ to future proof, and this happens to be the same chipset and cost as the one oyu have listed, but its AM3+
    ASRock 880G PRO3 AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB...

I would agree, but $500 isn't too bad, especially considering having a computer for college work is pretty handy.

AphexDreamer says thanks.
  14. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks tons man. Yeah plus his "Good" laptop broke... so he lacks a PC. Since he is on Campus this should do him well for school.

15. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    He'll realize he's a dumbass in 4 years dont worry :toast:

16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I suppose you're both right. I should temper my words a bit. Hell, when I went to college most students used the computer room:) That, and the fact that the loans they peddle aren't all huggie feeley like they tell you when they get you into the little room where you sign all the papers. It's hard to fathom the amount of real money you are owning up to when you go from high school and your parent's house to signing papers for umpteen thousands of dollars.

17. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Its a decent board, it is just a Micro ATX which means it doesn't have the heat sinks and cooling for overclocking.
    I still have mine running at 3.7 with a pretty low core temp and the VRM's aren't real warm. They make a similar
    x fire board with better cooling for around $120. I think I'm just gonna jump up tp a 6900 series if needed. Did
    anyone play the Alpha with a 6870 and if so could you run it at 1080p and fairly high setting ?
    My processor shouldn't have a problem.

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I remember signing those papers, I honestly didn't even look at the figures. This month I start my first payments, but working on a portfolio for a job I should be applying for tomorrow, so hopefully it will all pay off.

19. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad to say that I haven't had the need to do a loan yet. My bank keeps pushing me for it, they were shocked when they found out I'm not doing loans and didn't want to/need to.

My friend chose to go to A&M (expensive), they were essentially paying him to go to school but I guess they aren't doing that anymore.

I'm here at University of Houston and we just became a tier one College and I don't have to pay with my soul to go there either.

20. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    You people get your free game with your Origin pre-order?

21. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    What free game? DLC? The Beta?

22. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    I read you get a choice of games

23. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Never heard of this.

24. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    It isn't on the store page anywhere

25. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Student loans are now run by the government (stafford loans). They work with people better than back when the private sector ran things. Giving a student a loan at 3.8% that doesn't collect interest until you are out isn't that bad considering a lender we all bailed out like Citi would rape a kid at 24.99% no problem. As long as the student goes into a field that pays like engineering, law, and anything niche Medical then the pay will cover it in a few years no problem. As always just aim for 6 figures if you can.