1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
  2. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    Dammit! I want to play this already
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol so sorry :) had to run to the office quick. added :)
  4. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Christ thanks for not quoting that whole...thing.
    digibucc says thanks.
  5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you elaborate a bit instead of just posting some vid. A vid with a commercial no less.
  7. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I was just posting a video of some gameplay from someone I sub to on youtube. I just don't like how "future warfare" it is. It looks like a mix of MOH and cod.
  8. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    [YT]jXxEbI9B-os[/YT]

9:16

[​IMG]
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  9. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    It's a beta numbnuts. Take what you see with a grain of salt. Everyday they will fix bugs and such. this is not the FINISHED product.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  10. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    They game looks different, but in a bad way. It still has some of the key things that BBC2 had, but the graphics just look too cartoony and the HUD looks like some bad movie about future warfare. I for one liked BBC2 because it was so realistic (graphics and gameplay wise). This just looks like EA threw MOH stuff in.

"It's a beta numbnuts. Take what you see with a grain of salt. Everyday they will fix bugs and such. this is not the FINISHED product."

I don't care about the glitches, everygame does you can't expect the developers to test every single thing, I'm just saying that the little things like the HUD, the animation of you jumping over things, and how cartoony it looks just makes me not like it. It might just be that map, but I remember Battlefield 2 being more dark and realistic.
  11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Did you play the alpha?

the graphics should be essentially the same. play the game first instead of crappy footage.
  12. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I did play the alpha, I got about 3 or 4 hours of gameplay, I didn't like it then and I just said it was because it was a alpha. You're getting really mad for someone on the Internet stating their opinion about a game.
  13. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    The graphics look great very vibrate colors mixed with great animations, so i disagree with that.

I actually do agree a bit with that reviewer guy in the sense of the similarities with BC2, the mechanics are overall the same with a good amount of tweaks, but the essence of it was didn't change much from BC2, but that's mainly because it's not a new mode and really what more do you expect from a first person military game?, it's not easy to innovate when the basis of the game is similar to the previous iteration, they built from what they already knew.

I do agree that if you hated BC2 you will probably hate BF3 also, again, it's fairly similar framework sprinkled with a different sauce on top.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  14. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Been playing a few times now and find it nothing like COD. COD was way too sterile. This is more noisy and chaotic, like BFBC2 felt like when i first played it. Not noticed any cartoony gfx when i was playing.

Did notice all 4 cores on my 920 were at 60+ degrees and on highest settings it's gobbling up 1400+ RAM.

I think if you like BC2, you'll like this. As for BFBC2 being more realistic, I disagree. So far the Metro map is vicious, dangerous and noisy. Like it should be.
  15. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I think it's much improved on movement compared to BC2, but that's just me. I actually enjoy the HUD, and the fact that you can zoom in or out to view the area you're in, or the direction of the next objective. I think it's far from a futuristic game, this is a modern day shooter.

They've essentially ganked sniping a cool degree by adding the lens flare, actually adding some realism to the game. The lighting is much better with the new Frostbite engine, and I can't wait to see the new Destruction 3.0 engine in full effect. I don't think you can fully judge a game just based on a video.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  16. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    All very well said. And that lens flare is fantastic. I saw it and thought, "that's not... it is.." and i shot the bastard!
  17. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I'm "mad" because you are basing it all on a video. hold off until you play the open beta on thursday which, is free.
  18. Lt_JWS

Lt_JWS

Thanks Received:
    Just played the beta on X360 for about 3 hours.... i must say im very impressed, its alot of fun even if its not conquest. Looking forward to Thursday to play it on PC!
  19. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I've only just become addicted to BF/BC2 after having watched some of the beta videos from BF3...

I think the outdoor/park areas look a bit too verdant, but the metro/city/interior spaces and maps look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play, and wish I didn't suck so hard at team/squad FPS games.
  20. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    To each his own, but you do have a point with the snipping, that is a very good feature that they have added to help with the people that always camp in the back and snipe. The destruction does look kinda good, (E.X. when the whole side of the building came off) I might change my mind when the full game comes out, but this is the same way I felt when gameplay of BLOPS came out and look how that COD came out...
    f22a4bandit says thanks.
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    You won't find much love for consoles in this thread but thanks for the informative and constructive post.

Really Kevin you can'y judge based on one map with essentially no vehicles. And a beta to boot.
  22. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I think in a close quarters map like Metro, it'll deter the number of people who select the sniper class. However, in a map like Caspian that's (hopefully) huge, you'll see the number start going up because the lens flare won't be as noticeable.

Another feature that I really enjoy is the selectable firing rate. You'll notice that the recoil goes WAY down when you're on semi-auto, and gives you an edge if you've noticed a sniper before he's noticed you.

The bullet ricochet is another feature that is welcomed. In close quarters, that can decide the outcome of an intense 2 v 1 or 2 v 2 situation. I first noticed it when I shot a few rounds on auto into the train and one came bouncing back to hit me. It's not a high amount of damage, but you notice the impact. After that, I took care on where I turned up the heat.
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog to game and back to battlog sucks BIG TIME.
    H82LUZ73 and CDdude55 say thanks.
  24. Wyverex

Wyverex

Thanks Received:
    Same here. Looks like they first gave beta invites to North America and forgot about Europe :(
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    To hell they did. I see frogs all over the place.
    wolf and dank1983man420 say thanks.