1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Good thing it's in beta. Hopefully it wont take DICE a billion years to patch/balance the obvious over powered weapons.

In BC2, they took their sweet ass time patching the AN-94 and M60.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Lets hope. The ranged power of those guns is fine, but close range, is just stupid. If it was a true Sniper Rifle that had horrible hip firing accuracy, I would be fine with a close range 1 shot, but neither of those guns are like that.

3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if that has been addressed, but you do not get any of your free unlocks in the Beta. No vet M1911, no Limited edition bonuses, etc. Everything but the M1911 can be unlocked the normal way, but the DAO 12 Gauge is a long ways off in the general weapons group.

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried the 870 yet, or even really looked at the other open weapons, DAO should be fun though. Is there only the 870 and the DAO for shotguns?

5. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    The Flechette rounds are wicked!!:rockout:
    They have a lower damage potential than buckshot :confused: but have the ability to penetrate armor and have a deeper penetration overall.

Odd thing is that I killed 3 people with the flechette rounds like ~20 feet away when zoomed in. Just aim for the upper body and BAM!!! 1-2 shots only. i was also hitting people 50-100 feet away i didnt kill them but I still hit them. that is something you will have a hard time doing with the buckshot.:toast:

6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Will matter if they actually do projectile drop for buckshot and flechette. Since BC2 didn't have it, on Arica Conquest, 2 times I ended the round and the server announced I had the longest headshot kill (both times right around 250m), and the only gun I used for those rounds was the Usas-12 and Extended clip. I was playing with highway and a few others from TPU the first time it happened. All I could figure is I must have been firing at someone close and someone was extremely injured along ways away and got killed by buckshot that passed my target, still pretty funny, if I seen then on my kill cam I would have called hacks.

7. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I almost canceled my preorder when I came in contact with that browser. Its very very poor that the game starts in windowed mode and when I saw "You cannot join the server because its full" i just lolled that it doesn't queue. They should really port the console browser for PC and give us a choice which one to use.

Can't say much about the game with 30 mins of play but close combat really calls for the ability to peek and it could really own. There were multiple situations in that metro map where I so wanted to press E to peek.

8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I am so jelly, I want to play so bad T_T ... by the way has anyone tested to see if having more cores benefits your performance in BF3 so far? This is the major thing I am truly curious about.

9. Wyverex

Wyverex

Thanks Received:
    Been waiting in queue for Origin Live Help for 2 and a half hours so far... still nothing :(

EDIT:
    after 3 hours and 10 minutes, I go to bathroom, come back less than 5 minutes later to find this:
    So pissed right now, both at myself and at EA

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  10. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    If the TechPowerUp platoon needs an experienced BFBC2 veteran that is lvl 50, 15 mil+ points and 60 plat earned ATM, feel free to send me an invite via battlelog. Origin soldier is Master_OrHan.

Don't ask what your platoon can do for Master_OrHan, ask what Master_OrHan can do for your platoon.

/salute Master_OrHan

11. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    can anyone (who took a BF3 beta backup via Origin) upload the installer files apart from punkbuster,directx,vc folders cause I got a backup from my friend but he forget to tick "keep game installer ... " so no proper installer files with the backup and it'll take huge time to download the whole beta from the beginning .... thanks.

12. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Hey Wiverex, I'm in Romania, preordered and all but nothing. As for chat with EA didn't manage to get through yesterday, opened and incident wait for reply but I lost all my hopes. Thinking of canceling my preorder since there's no advantage to it and I'll buy from other e-tailer. Steam is a dream compared to this origin debacle.

13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Got to apply to be in, just like the rest of us who are more skilled :laugh:

14. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    timezones may be weird (yours, not mine! haha) but I am looking forward to play with the best tribe of the universe!

15. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Don't worry thats not everything. Yesterday I contacted them to change my EA ID to another one and after a 2h queue and explaining to a moron that I have both ID in my list he transferred me to Tier 2 agent which took another hour or so and ended up "sorry there are no agents available to service you at the moment, please try again later"

16. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    You are? How?

17. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    i've preordered the limited edition from game, and am waiting for my delivery...

i dont see how i can join the beta without my key code from the inside sleeve...

has anyone recieved their physical copy yet....

18. caleb

Thanks Received:
    You failed kurgans irony test.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I think it must because I have my 6870 on Ultra and no problems. Kind of funny I loaded the game on my DLP which runs at 780P and the new Nvidia driver (beta) says it doesn't support 1366x768 anymore so I have to run it at 1024x768. At that resolution it won't allow you to crank up the Graphic settings at all. It stays at the default high setting. Still looks decent, but not Great like the 1080P on Ultra. I'm hoping once Nvidia fixes the beta version of that driver they make you use that it will allow me to go back to 1366x768. My 6870 has some flashing going on during battle, outside mostly. I'm hoping AMD is working on driver issues for their cards and this game. Sounds like some of the Xfire guys are having even more issues.
    I only have an hour in battle though. I was on a few good servers early and had a 1.00 K/D and then got on some crappy ones later in the evening and now I'm back down to my usual .50 spot:) I do enjoy the game except the flashlights blinding you and lack of being able to see much of anything in the subway. I really struggle on Dark maps.That is why I played about 1/4 of Metro 2033 and quit.

random says thanks.
  20. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Nice babe. There are no physical copies coming: NONE untill the final game is released...

You will have to wait for the OPEN BETA in day. :nutkick:

21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Could try what digi did, if you can manage to talk to someone on EA's end. He got early access with a D2D pre-order, granted by the time you even get a hold of someone at EA it might be the 29th anyways :laugh:

Higher kills per minute, lower deaths per minute, higher win/loss ratio, higher skill level, higher kdr, more dogtags (with 2x less than time than you), higher score per minute. I'm not sure what else you want to rate by, that covers just about everything, and no plat weapons doesn't aount to skill, that amounts to almost 1400hours of gametime. (And I don't want to get into pin count, but I got Ace 90 more times than you with 800 less hours in, which says a lot as I only have 550 hours played) Remember we played numerous rounds on the same team the other day as well, I ended every single round as #1 on our team, and was 1 of the only few above 1.0 kdr while doing it.

But I wasn't just talking about me, TPU has a lot of great players, highway, haru, crazy (the amount he has improved is insane), and numerous others. I'm not saying you are bad by any measure, but it gets old seeing you refer to yourself as almost godly when you talk in here when there are many players that are better in almost all facets. We would be glad to have you, but don't act like we should be begging you to join :laugh:

22. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    the babes my ex, shes a glamour model....

she was seriously high maintenance.... i used to go on my computer jobs and when i'd get back shed be trying to hang herself....

lol... women... :)

i wish i could play on your servers without rediculous lag kurgan.... i dont have the best stats because i use cover fire and will put my charachter in danger for the team...

but i'm the fastest gun in the west.....

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Nothing wrong with that playstyle at all, I see guys with low KDR and high SPM all the time. Those are the Medics and Engineers who are mucking it up and don't give a shit about dying. Those are the guys that make shit happen, and I respect them. Too many people hide and don't get done what those people do.

And yeah my gun play is decently quick, but many are faster, my strength is mind games. It's why I play Conquest, Rush is too linear. I like to flank and make my opponent go where I want them to go. Or be where I am not expected. I'm not trying to toot my own horn above, just grinds my gears, honestly I would say 80% or more of that players from TPU have as good or greater stats than him (and for those that don't, they don't care, we don't care, they are having a great time, and we are having a great time playing with them, and thats what games are all about). He would be a nice addition and fit the team well, but I don't think we need to be begging for him. If he wants into the Platoon, apply like everyone else.

24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Screen shots from last night

I was stuck under the map somehow LOL

[​IMG]

A game before I joined TLM, Erocker, and Ducky

[​IMG]

Medium settings with 4x MSAA

[​IMG]

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah don't go near A at the first set of crates, they brought Battlelog down this morning, it's horrible now. The whole first area (worst around A) you will slide through the ground all over the place. It's so bad I stopped playing in the starting zone, can't go near A to arm it or defend it, unless you want to risk falling through the earth.