1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I dunno why I don't play all that much BC2, it really is a great game. I mostly got lost playing WoW again and rockin' Black Ops on the 360 with my RL friends. I already have one of them sold on BF3 (PC). I fully plan to forgo MW3 and play BF3 almost exclusively this time around.

Hopefully the Origin friend list will work a lot better than the BC2 one. I already like the Battlelog website/launcher and stuff. I personally think it's a great innovation, albeit a weird one that will take some getting used to. I've got only a few people on my BC2 friend list, and they rarely play anymore.

I'm already plotting my next upgrade for BF3. Son of a bitch.

2. thepants1337 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dear TPU Platoon,

I will be enlisting as soon as I get home today around 5 pm EST. Hope to join up and play some games with everyone!

I'm a good player overall with experience in FPS games (annoying list coming): CS, DOD, TF, TF2, CSS, DOD:S, SOF2, Firearms mod (HL1 and HL2), Natural Selection mod (HL1), COD (every game in the series except United Offensive; the original was the best lol), MOH, BF1942, BF2, BF:BC2, and now BF3. Long time helicopter pilot in BF2 (transport blackhawk getting those troops to the front lines!), getting used the the "dumbed down" controls in the more modern iterations :-/ . I usually go for meta-game success, I.E. teamplay and objectives. But as far as K/D most of my rounds yesterday I had 20+ kills and usually 5-8 deaths. Hit detection in this game is EPIC. If I get my flank or an opportunity arrises, I can rambo w/ the best of them :-D

Hope to play with some other good players! Oh and I love reading this forum at work. It keeps me entertained lol

Thepants:pimp:

3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU!

4. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    OMG, per you I hack. How many dumbass noob ragers spam that ingame? Congrats on solidifying your rank among them. Being the TS and BF3 Clubhouse founder, you are the head dumbass noob rager. (In BF2142 announcer voice) Well done soldier, you deserve an award. Your sarcastic response is a weak yet ironically truth containing acknowledgement. YOUR attitude, not MINE is what is going to change and this demonstrates baby steps towards that end. You should ALL be exceedingly grateful for my insulting responses to your flame wars you initiate with me. It is the most sincere help you will ever receive to correct your egregious deficiencies.

You are going to leap when I say frog, this isn't rocket science. You are fortunate I'm not pissing ON you IRL. Your will will bend and conform to my every whim without fail or there will be serious repercussions.

You didn't comprehend what I typed pertaining to my invite. If you are one of the special people that has great difficulty reading, I suggest not looking like a fool also. Double whammy

Therein lies the problem, not only with my BF3 TPU platoon membership but with you as a whole. You aren't aware of a great deal and what you don't know CAN and WILL hurt you. I AM aware of such a process and it is the only means by which my presence will grace this lowly and disdainful clan which has been shamed with your disrespectfulness towards myself as a whole.

I'm not going to answer this stupid perpetual sh!t PC fanboy noob rager pure dumbassness, ad infinitum. In case you are wondering why I disappear from your pseudo intellectual, faux pro gaming skills discussions.

5. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Guys. I'm really sorry. Apparently my girlfriend accidentally spilled her douche all over this thread.

Won't happen again.

Black Haru, H82LUZ73, MT Alex and 3 others say thanks.
  6. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Chill.

[​IMG]

erixx, brandonwh64 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm the "dumbass noob ragers spam" that ain't gonna let you in this clubhouse or the platoon.

Enjoy your......

[​IMG]

El_Mayo, Black Haru, H82LUZ73 and 4 others say thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    For the little time I was able to play last night due to other crap going on I generally to the horrible sudden performance drops.

LaughingMan it was really bad on the server with you which is why I suddenly bailed were you running smooth? I can't really tell if it's network or fps lag or both though I wasn't measuring anything. Using 11.10 and CAP 5.

9. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    T3kl0rd, I have reported your posts, This is a clubhouse to talk and share our gameplay with BF3, Not a pissing contest or measuring your..... well you get the idea.

If you plan on staying here in this clubhouse, please stop with the attitude and "I am the greatest" persona.

random, DannibusX and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    No there are 5 shotguns (Saiga, USAS12, DAO, 870, and M1014 (silver shotgun from L4D2). This does not count the 40mm underslung shotguns which there are technically 2, but is mainly in real life one does not fit a certain type of rail system. To stay accurate to real life weapons, they just used the one built for each of the 2 rail systems, so they should have the same characteristics.

I joined before some of those guys and I don't get to be a leader? :cry: I really don't care to be honest.

I love how you are proud of two stats that say nothing more than you play BFBC2 a whole lot. Getting a lot of points and platinum stars just happens because you played for 1500 hours.

Security!

digibucc and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  11. thepants1337 New Member

Thanks Received:
    T3kl0rd.

The entire concept of your argument is asinine. Let's assume you're not hacking and do possess "godly" skill, and not an obvious troll. You're approaching a group of people, whom you wish to become a part of (or so it seems...), and immediately start explaining why you're far superior to anyone in that group. Either

A) You have 0 social skills and don't understand how to converse with others, especially those that you truely wish to associate with

or

B) Are an asshole that is looking in the wrong place for potential team mates. If your skill level so far exceeds that of the people on this forum then please take it somewhere that will challenge you.

So either reconsider your rhetoric, or find a better fit for your "talents".

Oh and stats or no stats, when BF3 official drops on the 25th. I will find you in game. :)

TheLaughingMan, MT Alex and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  12. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I just applied to the Platoon, username - neurosisxeno.

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Just added you to the Platoon, I got to try and catch some sleep so I can BF3 tonight with everyone, was too scattered last night. Platoons a good size now, we might be able to invade a server pretty well.

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I aint invading nothing until I can bind some controls.

15. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    I just noticed an "Organize a party" button under the platoon section... Sounds sweeeet.

BTW, I just played the map and it seems that the map continues after the subway part, for the 1st time I exites again in the daylight city! Very nice!

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if you responded or even seen my post yesterday with how fast this thread was growing. But don't you have a RAT mouse?

17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    fixed :)
    you didn't comprehend what I said about your invite, you aren't getting one.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but you cant change ANY of the controls in the game. Binding different ones to the mouse wont cancel that out. Savvy?

19. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    add me 4 some games Blackeyez

20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Do you unbind WASD and use them for other things ingame? If so yeah you would be screwed.

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Point well taken. I guess it came out as more of a compliment.

23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I don't like it the way they got it. Tried last night and basically have to bind to the software, which in turn means because their controls are so different then the other games it is gonna screw those up. So I'll have to redo all those games to match a beta ? I don't think I want that pain in the ass. So basically I'll bind the prone and try crouch again, but last night I could get it to work at all and I got pissed. On my second machine I have to load the logitech software and then go thru all that shit I just spoke of. Probably a weekend deal. Don't want to deal with all that shit after a day at work.

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man. Cool Hand Luke is only for special occasions.

25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Mailman, what controls do you use other than WASD?

Crunching for Team TPU