1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im trying to decide if their claim of needing more then 2xGTX580's to run in ultra mode is true or if its because the textures look so shit in ultra mode that it needs more then 2x580's to burn through their unoptimised graphics.

Some weapons just seems randomly OP for some reason. For instance....
    I bumped into an enemy in the subway. I hit him 3 or 4 times with my M16 and he just hit me once with a that Grach MP-44 pistol and i died instantly.
    --with the exception of a Desert Eagle and 44. magnum. when has a pistol been more powerful then a assualt rifle in combat????

and its not just the one occasion. its happened a fair few times already, even to the point where 1 guy with the granch mowed 3 of us down in a matter of seconds cuz all 3 of our rifles didnt kill him.

a fluke is a fluke but this is just too much of a coincidence.
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Ok but there are other factors in this equation e.g. network code and server backend. Perhaps those hits didn't register properly. It's a beta; we're testing. There are also already hacks out there of though I have yet to hear of a damage-related one. Doesn't mean doesn't exist of course.
  3. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm really enjoying it even though I suck. I'm looking forward to building a nice new system in the Winter to enjoy it to the max!!!
  4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Idk about 2 580's but the textures look great on crossfired 6950's in ultra mode :/
  5. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Anybody know how to take down that UAV? I played a whole round when nobody managed to put that down. Seems the recon has some guts after all, the guy using it was lvl 43.
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps it's what Nvidia calls "driver optimization" for better performance?
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Ok, the trick to this game is to stick with your buddies. It has something to do with points, but mainly its just more fun. The best drives I have had were with Haru. Once using Recon correctly as I provided a spawn location and taking out long distance targets while he moved up as I gave him the ok to. He armed the box and we both defended. Simple, effective, plenty of points for both of us.

Stuff you may not know:

If you are squad leader you give orders by pointing your sight at the target. When it has "attack/defend" below the objective, press and hold Q. Following and having your orders followed is 20 points for every action in the area of the target. So if a squad member kills a guy, disarms the box, and drops ammo on you. You both get 140 extra points on top of everything else. Disarming/Arming the is an extra 100 points for orders on top of the 100 you already get.

I just learned this: If you are waiting to deploy and your primary gun is already customized the way you want, you can quickly change everything in your kit. To the right of the kit selection icons, click on any one of the loadout options (Primary, Secondary, Gadget 1, etc.) A menu will slight up from the bar and you can just click on what item you want instead.

Flashlights and lasers count as nonlethal suppression. If the light is in your eye, even if you have a good idea of the targets location, it will drastically reduce your accuracy. Note this does not count for the Sniper lens flare on their scopes as it only gives your location way. None reflective gloss should be the final unlock for Recon, but that is me. The lens flare seems to only apply to distance scopes so using the ACOG or Reflex on a rifle should not lens flare.

Laser sight improves accuracy in none sighted fire only. It does apply to strafing fire if you are moving.

Flechette rounds for the shotgun will punch through the slim metal barricades.

The M1014 is a much much better shotgun than the 870.
  8. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps, I haven't tried with only one 6950 because I frankly can't be bothered to but I'm pretty sure I won't do better than 120+ fps on Ultra with just 1 card, and once more drivers come out this game will be looking great on any capable setup hopefully.
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That is unrealistic.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    im telling you guys the gfx settings are screwed up. low->ultra makes way too little difference (if any). and as you said, those benches are off. a single 5850 on "ultra" is doing better than that.
  13. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    it would appear that what graphics drivers you are using makes a big difference in speed and performance

that would be the most logical explanation for that massive difference in graphics and performance reported.
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yes and driver support is very early so...
  15. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You get minimum 47 with all max out? 4xMSAA, antialiasing post to high and HBAO?
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    2xMSAA, antialiasing post to high and HBAO

I never run 4x. No need IMO at that res.
  18. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Try to pump it to 4MSAA, All Ultra and see what you get.
  19. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    It is all ultra. Only thing is I run 2x not 4x
  21. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It's all very nice. Those benches are pretty accurate, don't know what marvel is going on there.
    Anyway it plays smooth. Hopefully when THE REAL TEXTURES will be up and running and ultra will be indeed ultra we'll still have decent framerates with all eyecandy enabled.
  22. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    just checking but you are all aware you have to restart the game for something like 50% of the graphics settings to change in the beta?
  23. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Downloading Beta now. My Origin account wont let me use my old EA account name of HammerON so I am using my old default of juinor15.
    Feel free to add me as a friend:)
    Will be playing hopefully tonight!!!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    you guys know that having AA Post on high actually makes the game look worse right???
  25. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Whats a good pc server? I just installed it for pc and im getting raped by snipers