1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Very true just sad that I only game on PC and Batman Arkham city is postponed until Nov 1st sigh :(

On another note.... I was planning on pre-purchasing this game today! (BF3) but I am just seeing all these issues and I am not a fan of the internet browser launch.... I am second guessing my thoughts to do this! I might wait to see how release goes and how many issues they can fix.
    random says thanks.
  2. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    lol
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    play on modded server = lose all EA games in your account. fun times ahead?
  4. _ALB_R3D X

_ALB_R3D X New Member

Thanks Received:
    All servers down...WTH??
  5. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    Arkham City PC has been delayed to "November". Someone else replying to you said it was delayed until November '1st' and I'd love to see the source of that info, as so far, all I've heard is its a fuzzy "sometime in November" placeholder date.

I personally played on one of them, as did a bunch of my friends who I play BC2 with and I'm sure its an empty threat, more intended to get people to shy away from the servers than actually carrying punitive weight heavier than a paper tiger can bear.

I'll stay away from the servers anyway (the gameplay of shitty Metro in Conquest mode isn't very good), as I've warned my friends to do just in case, but considering the vast amount of people who participated in the Beta, especially with friends who might invite them to join the server they're in, who may have graced the hacked servers with a connection simply thinking they were official EA tests like Caspian Border servers were, it would be infeasible and a PR shitstorm if suddenly EA started banning hundreds, probably thousands of shiny new Origin accounts, thereby possibly robbing those gamers of Crysis 2, Alice Madness Returns and Dragon Age 2 purchases, simply for the crime of being curious during the largest Open Beta in gaming history.

Even EA isn't that stupid. Thank the gods. :toast:
  6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I wonder to what extent your account gets banned.

you could still register a new email and use it to register the key that comes with the finished game if you do get banned. thats if they dont ban your IP but what if your ISP uses a Dynamic IP??

all you lose are your Master account stats and vet status (if you have any)
  7. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I'm one of the bush people. I do pretty well for myself.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a close up of that?
  9. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    You know, I don't particularly mind their absence, but I don't have Vet status in a ton of stuff when I totally should.

I had BF2 close to when it came out, before the grenade spam, and left around when they took over a year for patch 1.5 or whatever it was. I also got BF2142 back in the days when just going on the Titan crashed the hell out of your machine, and BC2 before all the Steam sales.

I wonder what the conditions are to trigger it?
  10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    The instant death is how I die most of the time. The 2nd problem was around in BC2 as well, has nothing to do with client side, has to do with, you send your info out to the server, they send theres, you are around the corner from what you can see, for them you aren't.

Glad I'm not insane in thinking this. And even doing what you said just blows as LMGs are by far the worst sniping weapons in the game. All I can do is hope to keep people marked and surppressed, because if they shoot me just once I will probably die and I need a good 3 - 5 bullets to kill them.
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I think its just a white lie to keep players off servers that arent part of the beta. but thats just my $2
  12. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you misquote me? :)
  13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    no - I just thought it was strange all along.

specially with their passwords for caspian border getting spread all over the interwebz.

people always want what they cant have but if they leave the server unpassworded and modify the server configs to show 0/100 players then start up a ruse that its from hackers stealing accounts and it will keep people away.

---

to put it short. Its like a beware of the dog sign but you cant see the dog so you have no idea how big or small it is.

What DICE/EA said about the hacked servers isnt impossible but then again the cover story isnt 100% believable.
  14. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    Its really starting to turn me off of the beta! Hope its better in final release!
  15. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    That means you are only as good as your connection, which is a major issues IMO.
  16. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly why Client-Sided Hit Detection is bad lol. When it's server-side you're both seeing what the server is broadcasting, it normalizes things preventing any sort of advantage someone has (to an extent).

LMG's aren't bad at all. I do pretty good with them. I would go one further and say I frag just as hard as Support as I do as Assault some times. I honestly think they should have given Support most of the Medic Elements, but oh well.
  17. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea im in maine so.... client side hit detection means the game will be 99% impossible for me to play and enjoy

went from

1.4-1.8 K/D and 185-190 SPM in BC2
    down to
    .1-.6 K/D and 150-165 SPM, in BF3

the way the game is currently isnt fun at all its sad but from my position in the North East playing Duke Nukem Forever or Call of Duty online to a guy whos hosting it off his home PC in his moms basement has better heat detection and is more fun, thats pretty damn sad, there new system basically screws someone like me, overall from the Beta and what ive seen its utter shit, dice actually managed to make shit WORSE then BF2's atrocious hit detection and worse then BC2, lol rather hilarious to watch them hype it up but from my position besides the better graphics BF3 is worse in nearly every single regard and if you dont have unlocks the game punishes noobs even harder then BC2 does lol.

and shotguns are nerfed hardcore in the final game theyve made the shotguns crosshairs THINNER and harder to see which is just fantastic seems DICE nerfs shit that didnt need it and just in general failed with BF3 so far.
  18. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Is it just me or is the UMP 45 godly again in this game?
  19. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Nope, it's not just you. That thing would just as soon kill you with one as to look at you.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  20. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Pair it with flash light and game is over. They really need to tone down the flash light.
  21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. Hell, I was behind a squadie who was using one, tonight, and it was so damn bright even pointing away from me that it was hard to see.

On a lighter note, tonight was the first night things started falling into place and I had a couple of good games where I got into the groove. Makes things much more enjoyable, because I was really stinking the place up before.
  22. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Your signature begs to differ...
  23. random

random

Thanks Received:
    No doubt though I noticed the upgrades make a whole lot of difference as it would in BFBC2 to anyone's KD ratio or SPM. Started at <1.00 KD/ratio and 100 ish SPM til I got the upgrades that suited my play style which is M16/AK74 reflex with silencer and foregrip. Now rockin 1.427kd and 342spm as assault, doing much better than my BFBC2 profile but then again the beta is only for one map, I don't do all that well in big maps with vehicles. The hits register fine for me although not when I am the one being shot usually I'd only feel the last shot that'd kill me, I don't even see my health go down or anything sometimes when someone is spraying at me.
  24. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I went from a 1.1 k/d this morning to 1.5 k/d and my spm doubled. It's all about knowing game environment... and whoring the m416/AEK.
  25. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Just rounded out a nice game to find out that there's a Battlelog update in progress. Let's hope it's good!

I've now got two stars, one with the 870 Combat, and one with the M4A1. What wonderful weapons in the beta. I prefer both in the subways, and use the following loadouts:

870 MCS w/ Reflex Sight, Extended Mags, Flechette Rounds & COVR
    M4A1 w/ Reflex Sight, Foregrip, Suppressor & Ammo

On a random note, it seems like sniping today has been completely and utterly worthless. I've had solid aim with no hit markers about half the time. Decided to go all out with the M4, and glad I did.