1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Ok, more on weapons as they are now.

.44 Magnum Revolver aka "Nosferatu" = A single shot to center mass to kill up to about 20 meters. Beyond that will take two, but will done 80 to 60 points of damage if you don't get the second shot off. Can easily wipe a squad with 1 drum all by itself. Most useful during revives. If the person on top of you two picks the medic as the target over me, he will not live to brag about free kills.

DAO-12 Gauge Shotgun: Best shotgun so far. Easily going to to be the most spammed weapon since all the pre-order people got it for free. Best configuration is extended mag and laser. It will not drop a man with one shot unless at point blank range, but it will fire 2 or 3 shots a second so it doesn't really matter. It eats ammo for breakfast so use as Support or either of the ammo+ perks.

M40A5 Sniper Rifle aka "Big Bertha" = Easily the most satisfying rifle as it is loud, powerful, and low drop speed. A single shot to center mass up to about 75 meter is an instant kill. Shots to the arm or leg will take more than 1. Best configuration is 12x Ballistic, Straight bolt (when it works), and flash suppressor. While not a .50 cal like all the people with small penises love, this will be the GOL of Battlefield 3.

AEK 971 = Not as broken as I thought, but has the most stopping power and lowest recoil of any AR so far. It is between cheap to unfair at mid to long range and basically a high powered sub machine gun at close range. Its only weakness is the use and running in stupid. Best config IRVIR, foregrip, doesn't matter.

crazyeyesreaper and erocker say thanks.
  2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to wait until it is officially a done deal before I jump ship.

Screw mailman and his gloating, it was 1Kurgan1 that called this from the start. He'll be laughing it up big time.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Even if it's on Steam what arrangements are being made as to how you play this game? Will you have to:
    Start Steam
    Start Origin
    Start your web browser
    Then start BF3

I need more information on that.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

5. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
  6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I would wait until this is confirmed and the deal is finished. Cancel when you see it on Steam, not before.

I personally will be staying as I like my free unlocks.

Scrizz says thanks.
  7. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You are right. Despite I was cheated with the early beta access - didn't receive it - I would prefer to get this thing off my mind and let things like they are. It's not the first 50 Euro game I preorder and hopefully will not be the last. I hope a decent part of my money will go to Dice. Unlike EA, they deserve it.

erixx says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Seriously. I like and use Steam as much as the next guy and can understand the convenience of having "all yo shit in one place" but I think people are seriously overreacting especially for this particular title. Is it really that big of a deal to not have BF3 there? I mean I'll probably get Skyrim on Steam as it's easy but will gladly pre-order from somewhere else if I can find it on sale again (missed the Newegg one in August).

9. caleb

Thanks Received:
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You get the unlocks in the brick and mortar also.

[​IMG]

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I still think Origin pre had the best bonuses? Though that may have just been the early beta access. Well I also got 25% off and Dead Space 2 so I am perfectly happy with my decision to get it on Origin no matter what.

12. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I don't do Brick and Mortar for my PC games. Those people have proven they don't like PC gamers, so fuck them.

I was just talking about Steam as I am sure EA will put a "Steam gets no bonuses" clause in there. To which Valve will reply, "Meh, we didn't start this fight, you did."

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    tru.....tru...

14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well if I buy at a brick and mortar it's Microcenter, possibly Best Buy. Though that doesn't happen too often anymore.

15. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know what procedures are involved just to get to the battlefield. :p

In other news, squad management is in...for later... whatever that means. There is suppose to be more details about it later. I still wonder if that rumor that 34K pre-orders were canceled were true? In any case I am looking to read on the eta of squad management for the game. Now all that is left is a menu system with a server browser.

16. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    hell, I love the game, it is basicly fine.But as it is now, it is not delivering much greater and better graphix, or new emotions from gameplay, the more I play the more it feels like BC2.5

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    My good sir, I believe your eyes may be broken.

18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...it's early and textures and such might not even be up to final quality but still I found myself unimpressed with the graphics at first. But then the more I play and see and really look at it the more I realize that it does in fact look fantastic.

19. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Need I say more....LOL I think that STEAM talks is just someone mad about it being on Origin,DICE/EA themselves state in the FAQ for Origin this

Q: Is Origin required to play my game, even if I didn't buy it on Origin?

A: Beginning in September of 2011, most new PC games from EA will benefit from the enhanced features provided by Origin integrated into the games. PC players will be required to log-in to Origin to play new EA games so you are getting the best possible experience with the full set of online features to connect and play with friends, get help when you need it and keep the game updated with the latest content. Whether you purchase the game on Origin.com, from another site for digital downloads, or at retail for physical discs, new games will require you to have the Origin to play. If you didn't buy your game on Origin, Origin will be included in the installer for the game.

When playing games offline, Origin log-in will not be required to play. For older EA catalog games, Origin is not required to play - though we recommend you use the Origin application for fast, seamless downloads, auto-patching and additional social features.

And the link http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5291/~/origin-frequently-asked-questions

20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Thats fine for all of you people that want to pay money, I prefer to just get it for free. NOOBS! :p

I already had brandon multi-quoted when I seen your message lol. Called that shit almost exactly :laugh:

MT Alex says thanks.
  21. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    do you think that Gamestop is the best place to pre-order now?
    [​IMG]

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Best Buy (depending on if they sell the Specact later) or Origin (it has the warfare pack as well,just hidin in the bottom type). The warfare pack is just a bunch of stuff you will unlock later anyways, so it's not a huge bonus, something that won't unlock like dogtags, or something you might have to buy like specact is going to be a better bonus.

Delta6326 says thanks.
  23. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    If you get the dog tags can you loose them if someone knifes? I'm not to familiar with the battlefield games even though I have purchased most of them I always end up not liking them because I get killed everytime I spawn.

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't care about any of that garbage. I just want the expansion pack.

Scrizz says thanks.
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    You get to customize your tags. Anytime you knife someone you get their dog tags, only the knife animation where you actually grab the tags though, not the free aim knife.

Well that comes with the Limited Edition and you can't pre-order a non-Limited Edition.