1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I can understand his depression, fathering his "thing" baby, then spending nights out on the town with MT, he's just wanting you to live up to the father role for your alien/man/woman/thing child.

2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Don't encourage him!

erocker says thanks.
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about that, I've never got stuck in the ground so much as the last few hours. Or are you talking about something else?

4. Mailrocker

Mailrocker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crystal River, FL & TPU HQ, Floor 7½ Under desk
    It hurtz my feelings when you make fun of me. :cry:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're too young for internet forums. My banstick will teach you a lesson young man, erm.. thing.

Don't make multiple/spam/whatever accounts.

Back to the topic people. *I can't stress this enough, it is not a suggestion.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well...this was supposedly the case and I personally have not fallen through the ground since the first couple days except for on one server two days ago and someone asked in chat "did they turn the terrain destruction back on?".

So it sounds like it's definitely related to that but not sure now if really off across the board. At least anymore.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    I've only been able to play the beta on PS3 but falling through the ground is still present. Also, !!IMO!!, it doesn't look all that good. I have it preordered for PC so I'm not worried but the lower res is very noticeable to me, but I do have very scrutinizing eyes. The postprocessing is overwhelming, especially the Post AA which I'm guessing is like MLAA for ATI 5xxx/6xxx. While I do love this feature, it only looks good when applying it to high res images on a screen with small pixel pitch. On my monitor which I also use for my PS3 it makes it look very "fuzzy" and aliasing is still very prevalent.

Just a heads up for people considering BF3 for consoles.

PS. I know its a beta and I know what 'beta' means. ;) My preorder (PC) is still on.

8. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    A new FAQ with mostly old information, plus that in red:

Bazajaytee Enlisted: 09/26/2011

10/05/2011 04:41AM

WILL THERE BE DOWNTIMES DURING THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA?

Yes. Throughout the BF3 Open Beta we will be patching and testing our server configurations. While downtimes may happen at any time, please note the following downtimes scheduled daily from Tuesday Oct 04, through Friday Oct 07:

Playstation 3 : 6:00 am - 7:00 am UTC
    PC (including Battlelog) : 7:00 am – 8:00 am UTC
    Xbox 360 : 8:00 am – 9:00 am UTC

WHAT VIDEO CARD DRIVERS DO I NEED FOR THE BETA?

For AMD, you'll need to download the 11.10 Preview Driver http://support.amd.com/. [support.amd.com] For nVidia, you'll need the 285.38 BETA driver (32 bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.38-beta-driver.html [nvidia.com] of 64 bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-285.38-beta-driver.html) [nvidia.com]

WILL MY STATS CARRY OVER FROM THE BETA TO THE FINAL GAME?

No. We are still fine tuning the ranking system and we don't want to give BETA players and unfair advantage when Battlefield 3 launches. You will keep your soldier name though.

DOES THIS BETA REPRESENT FINAL GAME QUALITY?

The BETA is NOT final software and updates will be done both to the game and to the back-end prior to the Battlefield 3 launch. Your participation will still help us improve the final game.

I SEE THERE ARE SERVERS UP FOR A SECOND MAP ON PC. CAN I ACCESS AND PLAY THIS MAP?

Operation Metro is the only map being run during the Open BETA on all platforms. Testing of Caspian Border on PC has come to an end at this time.

ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS TO PLAY TIME IN THE BETA?

You can play for as long as you want during the time of the BETA. There will be no cap on how far you can rank up or what you can unlock.

HOW WILL SQUADS WORK IN THE RETAIL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ON PC/XBOX 360/PLAYSTATION 3?

Since the Open BETA we’ve added more advanced functionality to manage your squad. You will be able to browse and join specific squads through the squad screen. You can see all players that are in a specific squad as well as who’s playing as lone wolf. As a squad leader you can set your squad to private as well as kick players from the squad.

On console you will also be able to choose if you want the active VoIP channel to be team or squad and invite friends to your squad. You will also be able to mute any player on your team through the scoreboard.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  9. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    UMP-45 needs a serious nerf

10. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    in the beta yes, in the full game no. once you get to more open terrain, it's potency will be nerfed by sheer distance. didn't see a single one on Caspian.

11. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I unlocked it earlier then before the end of the round already had two optics unlocked cause it was so powerful.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I think all guns do purdy much around the same damage in metro since there is barely any range in encounters unless you're sniping well maybe not exactly but kills just as fast, AEK-971 is the way to go :D. By the way I'm disliking the SV98 so far in Metro, it can kill with one shot short-mid range, its a load of crap.

13. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    If you get a request from Narthes that is my PC name for BF3 to join the platoon.

14. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I think it was pre wave of everyone having the weapon.. it seems like its the main thing im killed by outside of the guys with the sniper rifles and acogs

15. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone tell me if it is going to be possible to create more then one user per key?

16. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    No you can not. Theirs a link somewhere in this thread on it.. but take my word for it

17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure I got sniped by a guy using one with a bipod and a scope. He was at Hill and I was at Antenna (for anyone who doesn't know, that has to be well over 300 yards I would think). I didn't know where the bullets were even coming from, I just know every single one hit me, didn't hear a single one wiz past, so I took cover for a few seconds. Then I took off running for the flag again and he dropped me, once again didn't seem like a single one missed. On big maps I think Recons going to be pretty rare since scope glare, you can just flank them and kill them, albeit you will have to go way out of your way to do so. On Rush, you just can't do that, you either need to kill them straight on, or try and take a slightly different route.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i'm pretty sure you will be able to have more than one "soldier" under your one single battlefield/battlelog account which is tied to one key. not until retail but i remember a blog post or something.

19. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    You did not just say that. I mean only longer respawn times, but then, to many campers, that sucks too.

20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If you want to pay real money to play, go to COD and buy Elite, soon enough it will be pay to play, Kotick runs a farm.

21. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    So 44 is the max unlock range for general arms. I reached 45 which should have been the .44 Magnum Scooped, but they did not give it to me. This is why all the guns beyond that point have 45 as a rank. There seems to be more than 50 ranks as my next one will be a Silver Eagle (Colonel) but I have seen people with gold eagles with 4's under them.

The USAS-12 Gauge shotgun is exactly what you think it is.

Nosferatu is still the truth. I am done now. I have seen all I needed to see. If someone wants to play with my guns, I will gladly join and suicide for you.

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    List updated in first post.

DanishDevil says thanks.
  23. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I feel that is pretty damn fast! In beta people are already hitting last level? DAMN.

24. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Y U NO ADD ME MAILMAN? (i forgot to PM you, but w/e)

25. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received: