1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Set your search for "WINNING!"
  2. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    That I have my friend.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You in the US M8?
  4. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Fack all, gotta reinstall beta, wwwwwwoplaaaaaaa i am coming!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I also ticked of the North American Server and then I found one to join.

And it wasn't lagging.

But man is that map hard. Jets are freaking cool but hard as heck to fly.
  6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Caspian Border = Giant Lag monster with Lag glare and Lagging teeth
    digibucc says thanks.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    BOOM! Lagshot!
  8. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    WOW! I have been matchmaking for map Metro for over 10min! they are all full. my filter is set to just metro the only thing.
  9. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New Battlefield Blog Post: Top 10 Battlefield 3 Open Beta issues and how we are addressing them

BY: HBrun POSTED: Oct 06, 2011, 05:04PM

We’re more than half way through the open beta and thrilled to see so many people still enjoying the game while continuing to give us great feedback. As part of our dedication to showing you how your feedback is directly affecting and improving Battlefield 3, here are the latest Top-Ten Community Issues that we’re addressing.

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
    There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems
    While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
    Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
    The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro
    This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
    This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
    The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
    The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.

Don’t forget to keep submitting your ideas and issues to the Battlelog forums. Thanks to your help and participation we’re on trac to make Battlefield 3 our greatest game to date!

Battlelog - Reporting Cheaters in the BF3 Beta

crash7801, Enlisted: 09/26/2011

10/06/2011 09:34AM

Hey Everyone,

We've been hearing your concerns about people cheating in the beta..

While the final retail version of Battlefield 3 will feature a number of anti-cheating measures, these features are not in place for the Beta.

To counteract cheating in the meantime we are creating this official thread where you can come an report users you suspect of foul play.

Please DO NOT post anything aside from usernames. We appreciate your feedback, but in order to ensure this thread is as actionable as possible non-name posts will be deleted.

Please DO include a link to their profile.

Please DO use your browser's search function to avoid re-posting. Repeating names will not result in faster banning.

Please note that simply reporting a name does not mean that it will be banned. We have ways of looking into this!

The hammer will fall swiftly and accurately.

twitter.com/gameservers_com: "100+ Battlefield 3 Open Beta 64 player Capsian servers are up around the world - will continually add more throughout the day #bf3"
    twitter.com/gameservers_com: "Our servers seems to be very popular among the players - we have added a few more hundred 64 player BF3 servers #bf3 #pcgaming"

I just logged in to Battlelog and see 99 CB servers with 5 or more open slots. Some with less than 20 people.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    H82LUZ73, SK-1, f22a4bandit and 5 others say thanks.
  10. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    PB is enabled on some of the beta servers

Keep in mind that some of the servers do have PB enabled.
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Running good here; no lag. What the hell is the key to exit vehicle? Apparently what I have set to "change vehicle" is entering but I cant exit. Tried "interact".

Update: Got it there's a "Change Vehicle" in On Foot and In Vehicle sections and they weren't set to same key.

Update 2: It's definitely a lot more like BF2 than BC2-as it should be of course-especially the tanks that I've experienced so far. Though I do think I prefer the feel and gun of the tanks in BC2 and not just cause I'm so accustomed to them at this point. Maybe a few unlocks and some time will change my opinion on this.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Tanks seem to get stuck more than in BC2. They don't plow through trees as easy. Also, you can't just hold the trigger to fire as soon as you reload. You have to lift your finger and re-press. Annoying.

On the plus side, you can "run" (go faster) in the vehicle by pressing the same key as when you are on foot.
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Had a quick go in the Caspian Borders map finally, much better but I keep on getting disconnected all the time about 30 seconds in, just says you have been kicked by the administrator, got some lagg also, feels like an epic map, too bad for the bugginess, would of been playing all day flying around, had about 10mins in a jet and I can tell Im loving it already:rockout:
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    O.M.G. I never knew you could just hold it down LOL. See you can play for a couple years and still not know everything about these games. Trying to lessen that as much as possible with BF3 so more tips like that are appreciated! ;)

I also got spun around a few times as if it was a helluva lot lighter than it should be.

Nor have I yet noticed how to tell how much I have repaired a vehicle (some kind of damage meter when outside the vehicle).
  15. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    yeah there is that circle of life that fills up in a clockwise motion to indicate status of armor
  16. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Im still debating when i pre order this if i should get it for PC or xbox 360? I get way more kills and less deaths on 360 and its a lot easier to play.
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    IDK man my early assessment is that the brand new 11.10s are still worse than the 11.9s at least on my 6850s. Notice white lines again now occasionally and the perf seems worse too but can't be sure.
  18. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Because you have 'autoaim' it makes the game easier as trying to get your crosshair directly over something can be difficult. so all you really need to do is point the cross hair in the direction of your target and autoaim will be activated.

this is usually exploited in CoD games where players use the autoaim functionality to 'quickscope' their targets.
    -----

Console versions of BF3 are also limited to 32players on MP compared to 64 on the pc. graphics look shitter and the maps could be made smaller.

If you want to play with people with some real skill that will give you a challenge - buy the PC version.
  19. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    My first time to play with you guys it was on the NJ GameServers.com #4741 I went 7k/0d best accuracy in match and took 4 flags.

Well my computer I can't use high settings and I don't like a challenge but I don't think im going to keep paying for Live its expires in less than 2months.
  20. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
  21. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    This happened to me it was awesome i went around knifing people, i went into a group of 4 guys killed 3 of them and then the last guy realized there was a moving dead corpse on the ground and he killed me.:cry:
  22. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    And seeing how this game uses PB guess what is coming or BF3 the PB in it is the one they used in APB to guess what get Catyalist Hacks, Artificial Aiming,And it looks like the FPScheats root kit sniffer .....read this http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2011/09/do-we-need-some-sort-of-cheater-amnesty_30.html Nailed 8,000 cheaters and from the top 3 above sites with pics on their forums from the PB spy lol Hahahahahaha and this is what is testing now for BF3 and why it lags it is sniffing the rootkit out.
  23. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Slightly off topic, I played some caspian today and it was sweet. Are Ultra settings really ultra? or is everything scaled down a bit. Game looks great but some places just don't really show much improvement over BC2.
  24. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    ultra dosent work, only high settings does.
  25. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    word tons of fun so far even though its buggy we all know that its undergoing alot of testing and im sure there will be a day 1 patch since they are probably "printing soon".