1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sure he would. He'd listen to some crappy 90s music.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Great.... I dont need an M95 rifle to snipe pilots out of cockpits.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You didn't in BC2? At least I don't think so, I swore I headshot a pilot out with a GOL. Not sure if you meant to quote something from that top article or not, I usually don't read those interviews though.

No BC2's in-game VOIP could hardly be considered working. It would randomly, which was never good enough to get a squad together to communicate.

You sound like a person who would say, "because a cripple needs a walker, means I need one too.". You have made the comparison to consoles getting VOIP, it's because they have zero other options. No VOIP, no team chat. Any VOIP PC game I have ever played, or most others that I know have played (even if they supported VOIP), people used TS, Vent, or Skype instead.

And as far as the Comma Rose, my point is it's a waste of Dev time. It's not needed, I don't understand why you are so insistant on them just wasting more time adding useless junk. I would like you to point out a time when Comma Rose is needed, because I can't think of one. And even if I could, my random teamates wouldn't even care. And if I was playing with others, I would just let them know through TS. Rather than stop running, click a button, then make mouse motions in directions, look at the options to select, then finally make a selection. Slow and clunky is all Comma Rose is.

I'm not sure on what you meant by the list, except the ping part. And since that has nothing to do with Comma Rose (a clunky useless feature you want added just for the sake of more features), and VOIP (something that isn't a huge deal on PC's since we have so many options out there, and random people you don't know wont want to hear you), you feel the need to compare my opinion on those to Ping (something that is important and used, and doesn't take a ton of dev time to add a new column with info they already have). :laugh:
  4. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one who's unhappy that crawling is back?

I just played a couple of BC2 Rush game... It feels so right without crawling.

BTW, will they reduce ammo box and medic kit size? It's freaking huge compared to BC2's...
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I hope not when you get the squad extra ammo mags the boxes go pretty fast in a squad when you have 1 of each engineer,sniper,supply,assault they all get the extra mag capacity with you too.So if you have 2 guys using the m249 meat-saw the ammo goes really quicker.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry but you're......

[​IMG]

On that one.
    DrunkenMafia and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  7. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
  8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I said the samething back in BC2. Prone just slows down the game and promotes camping. The old games needed it because they lacked cover, but hardware is so powerful now days they put cover everywhere.

Nope, I'm with him.
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i don't think slowing it down is a bad thing. i like tactics and strategy to matter, not just reaction time. that's my problem with mw series, is that it's so quick. i was happy when i read that the beta was more tuned mw style to test firefights, but that in release it will be balanced more for strategy and you won't die so quickly.

as for promoting camping, i can't deny there are people who abuse it - but there are people who abuse EVERYTHING. I'll stick to servers where they allow prone but frown on camping, or run a server so i can kick campers - but tactically the ability to prone i am glad is in here.

then again, you are more often in the middle of the firefight, i don't like to stay there long. :)
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I mean the size of the box... It blocks my view.
  11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't mind a game slowing down a bit, it's why I played on Normal vs HC. But I don't mean combat, I just mean flag capping, crate arming, that kind of stuff. People will find a stupid place to sit prone where you can barely see the top of their head, yet they somehow can shoot even though their gun is hidden. And they will just sit there.

The beta seemed to promote camping a bit too much for my likes, it's extremely hard to spot people and very easy to die. But all tweaking may change that. I'm not saying I mind prone though, it's fine, I just didn't have a problem when it wasn't an option.
    digibucc says thanks.
  12. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Only when you're crawling (prone) does the size of the box get in your way. Just throw the box beside you.
  13. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Prone position is great. But it comes at a price. There will now be Bunny Hopping and Dolphin Divers.
  14. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    People throw it in my face -_-.

The animation is slow too. I should make a video later when BF3 is out to see how slower it is.
  15. dank1983man420

dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    I agree with this. I kept on getting picked off by campers laying prone in bushes in the beta. They know that as soon as they kill you to get up and move over a couple of bushes in case you go hunting for them. Pretty irritating, that's why I love the tank though!
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  16. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got a free game coupon from Origin today. Completely unexpected, a couple weeks ago I contacted origin support about changing my origin name to something more anonymous, they said it's not possible, I thought fair enough... and thought that would be the end of it.

Today I got an email from origin with a code for a free game to say sorry! Nice CS origin I am impressed. On the other hand, it doesn't work for pre orders and within 30 days of a game's release.

So I have a couple of options, cancel my (non-origin) BF3 preorder and save £30, but wait a month after release to get BF3, or maybe get some other game. Mass Effect 2 seems to be a good choice. Hmm, decisions.

To be honest, to save £30, I don't mind waiting a month and giving EA a chance to patch the release game... so I will probably get BF3 with my voucher. So I will be joining the BF3 party, just a little later then before! I'm cheap like that lol
  17. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Make sure it doesn't expire or have any restrictions.
  18. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't expire till the end of 2011, but thanks for the tip :)

If anyone has any reason to contact origin support, asking for something they are unlikely to be able to sort out, this might be a good time to do it assuming they are still doing this free game thing... just sayin'
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats what she said.
  20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Get ready to get pwned by people with all the unlocks.

Standard weapons are good. but unlocks are better....specially that UMP-45.

Occasionally. unlocked pistols are also 500% more lethal then any long rifle like the M16 etc etc at close range.

youre gonna be everyones bitch until you rank up and get your unlocks
  21. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, don't get ME2 with that voucher. ME2 is a perfectly good game, but obtaining it like that would not only waste the voucher (given ME3 combo deals and holiday sales are right around the corner), it would just put a game in your library that needs an amount of time too excessive to invest given the games that are coming out between now and 2012.

Save your money and your time.
    Millennium says thanks.
  22. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I actually do recall it working at launch. If there was a problem with it later on they should have fixed it. Are you not aware that last month they released BC2 patch (including beta)? Take a look at what was fixed.

This makes no sense, lol. Consolers have the option to speak to whomever in game. They don't need to alt-tab out of game, start a web browser, log in, then create a party to do it. Neither is that found in steam. All other 3rd party voip programs work best with people you know. Not with pubbers joining that map. Besides, I seriously doubt that pubbers would alt tab out the game, download "your 3rd party voip", install it, create an account, join your channel just to play the remainder of that round. ;)

The list is self explanatory. Do you want more?
    No mod tools. http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1194776p1.html
    Questionable joystick support. http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1199753p1.html
    No Command Rose at launch. http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/124208253642096640
    No In game ping. http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/124208854702624769
    No in game voip. http://twitter.com/#!/GameSpy/status/123956771961315329
    Scrabble changes ID http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1440000-change-your-origin-name.html
    There is a few more with links. This is what we are faced with once the game is released. Making it clear that VOIP isn't the only issue people have mentioned so far. Also, if the developers is trying to get command rose working I wouldn't consider it a waste of time. Well, at least they don't consider it as such, lol. Although it remains to be seen that's the most current information I have on it right now.

But it's clear we won't get anywhere with this because we won't agree. :p
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Then you must be one of the lucky few who it worked for. Because I never remember being able to use it when I wanted. I eventually turned it off because sometimes it would randomly work. I haven't played BC2 in over a month, so haven't paid attention, or cared about any patches, and since we aren't talking about anytime recently, I don't see what it has to do with anything.

Makes perfect sense, consoles are cripples, they don't have the options we have, I love the utility my PC gives me, it's why I game on it. I don't know why you are alt tabbing, or why it is so strenuous of an activity (I constantly do it to browse stats, other websites like TPU, or start music). And I don't know what you mean by create a party, Skype is extremely easy to use if no one a person knows has a TS or a Vent, and the best thing about it and the reason I use this over ingame voice, is because when you leave a map VOIP is gone, that is useless, nice to be able to talk then when deciding what your group wants to play next server wise. And I thought you were all up in arms about pugs being the reason you want VOIP, since that isn't what you were on about, then it just solidifies my position. I would rather use a program that is made for talking, something where I can control inbound and outbound volume, change push to talk or non-push, set overlays, and tons of other options, and remain chatting while not in a server. I can't think of any game (on PC or Console) that offers that, and thats why PC is great, embrace your PC.

I didn't say anything about mod tools, ping, or joystick. Once again I don't see why you are bringing up things that are off the topic me and you have been discussing. Or things that are completely different, jets and joysticks are much more important than Comma Rose, Ping is much simpler to add than VOIP or Comma Rose, and mod tools are probably the most important thing to add. But you have many issues with this game, and thats my point, you are concentrated on the wrong ones, I would rather see other things fixed or added than Comma Rose and VOIP. If I was on console and had no VOIP, then maybe, but we are on PC, embrace that.
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    So I opted for physical copy from Origin. I wonder when I will actually receive it.
  25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    never?