1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    So, on the right side by the squad names, are the symbols squad specialization, then soldier class?
  2. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    We're on the same boat lol, I blew my moneys on my ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and G.Skill Ripjaw sticks :toast:

The 6xxx series and 5xx series cards are great, and good for scaling, but my 5850 Crossfire has been able to hold its ground on almost all the latest titles out there :), besides I should say I am running 5870s in crossfire because they are both flashed with a XFX XXX 5870 bios lol
  3. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Part at your place because we're better then everyone else? :laugh:

I'll bring the liquor. :D
  4. Boneface

Thanks Received:
  5. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Yes
  6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    should go 7.62x54R then you can really play sniper.

7.62x54R 147grn FMJ 440rd Can $72.95

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254R

880rds - 7.62x54R Silver Tip Russian Military Ammo Steel Core $144.95
    http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/880rds-762x54r-silver-tip-russian-military-ammo/cName/762x54r-fmj-ammo
  7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Last thing I'll say on this subject: That is a lump of shit round compared to the Remington 7mm Mag cartridge, in fact there is no comparison. Cheap, sure, but it should be.
    ShiBDiB says thanks.
  8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Huh?

The 7mm is a better "sniper"/Hunting round. Faster muzzle velocity and more power..... Less drop, faster round on target, with more stopping power..

I hate stupid people who talk guns.

^^

Plus above = Ducky, atleast pretend to know what your talking about and atleast give us the courtesy of googling first next time.
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I don't think he's stupid, that's for sure.

I might say "Shut the fuck up, Donny," though.
    ShiBDiB says thanks.
  10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Stupid is a bad term.. hmm ill-informed on the area of discussion
  11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:

Hmmm... i dont know about the 7mm but I do know that the sniper rifle used by the famous Russian sniper (Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev) in the siege of Stalingrad and the other famous WWII Russian sniper (Ivan Sidorenko) is the Mosin Nagant which fires the 7.62x54R. That round is also used in the Dragunov, PKM (LMG), Winchester Model 1895, AVS-36, JS 7.62, SVT-40, PSL-54C, Zastava M91, Berkut rifle, IZH-18MH, and the SV-98.

"Worldwide, the trend is similar. The preferred sniper cartridge in Russia is another .30 calibre military cartridge, the 7.62 x 54 mm R, which has similar performance to the 7.62x51mm. This cartridge was introduced in 1891, and both Russian sniper rifles of the modern era, the Mosin-Nagant and the Dragunov sniper rifle, are chambered for it." -Wikipedia on sniper rifles

The sniper load is Cartridge Designation 7N1 338 grain. After that comes weights: 335, 336, 340, 349 grains. So, while it may not be the best "hunting round" unless you are hunting humans then it is up there with the best, IT IS a sniper round and Boise49ers did refer to "sniping" (
    ) I am not saying that the 7mm is not a sniper round. i am just not familiar with the rifles chambered in 7mm Remington Mag. Don't be so quick to disembowel a guy for making conversation. Keep in mind, not all of us worship anything made American and such. Being that 7mm is generally associated with the Mauser rifle, I would place the 7mm as a German Cartridge except for the Remington 700rifle and such. I happen to be a fan of Russian Rifles and ballistics and what the 7.62x54R lacks in muzzle velocity in 140-185 grain rounds makes up with stopping power. Not to mention most people are not aiming for targets 250+yards away. 250+ yards away is when the relatively flat trajectory of the 7mm Mag comes in to play. I do research too so don't discount me or refer to me as "ill-informed or stupid" just because I don't live, breath, eat, sleep, and shit guns and ammo.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  12. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    7MM mag is a high velocity boat tail round. It is one of the top rounds used in sniper courses along with 308.

7.62x54 is a mediocre round that is made cheaply and has a lot of impurities. Now on the other hand there is a small amount of company's that make a higher grade version of the 7.62x54 that is balanced for longer and more accurate ranges BUT it all plays on the condition of the rifle you use and how zeroed in your scope is.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    The "Sniper Rounds" are 339 grain I believe. The SVD, Dragunov, and Mosin use them, but the Mosin only when sniping as they are expensive and hard to come by. Last I am going to venture on this subject at this time as I have other more important things to worry about such as work and my fortress in Minecraft. It has been fun but I am all out of information on this subject other than fuck anything less than antimaterial. Go Fucking ANti-Material / Anti-tank!!!!!
  14. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I know nothing about ammo. I know gun + bullet = stay away from dumb rednecks. I do know this, Russian weapons beyond a handful of select weapons like the Saiga shotgun are all shit.

Those Russian snipers are not famous because the weapons they used were awesome with great ammo. They are famous because they got the job done and then some and then some more with absolutely shit weapons in conditions were normal people would have quiet or died.

Almost every weapon you listed is an obsolete relic and not used anymore because of such. I think only the Dragonov is still used in active service. The SV-98 doesn't count because it is only about 12 years old.
  15. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I was merely stating one of the "other" sniper rounds he could use too. The PKM is an LMG so that does not count. It may be a shit round but it does pack a punch. Definately more than the 556 in the M-16 as proven by Gunner Sergeant Highway's actor in his weapons show when he did the bit about comparing the M-16 to the AK-47 and chose the M-16 because it is the staple of the US Armed Forces even though he stated the AK-47 won.

I am not trying to sway or convince people that the russian rifles are epic awesome shit. I know they are ancient and outdated. But just as they are old and outdated, so are other rifles like the Mauser and M1 Garand (which kicks ass) as well as the Colt .45 (still in use by select groups) That said if the Russians thought the 7.62 caliber was shit, I am fairly certain (though most likely wrong) that the Russians would have switched out long ago. i know they use other calibers I'm not stupid. The thing is that the AK series uses the 7.62 generally the x39. The Russian LMG tends to use the x54R variant ( R meaning Rimfire). Just saying it may be ashit round but it is still in use today and used by a fair amount of people and military.

Here is one of the Rifles i listed (which is not outdated)
    http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/ch/js-762-e.html
  16. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, none of you has killed a man.

I did. I pissed bullets and they died.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah me too. The physical copy I now regret ordering because they won't ship until Monday I just learned. I could cancel and reorder downloadable but would lose my 25% discount.

And then I realized I didn't even ask how they ship in an attempt to determine how long it will take. Guess could Live Chat again...
  18. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Im so excited. Now Tuesday can't come fast enough
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    depending on where you bought(digital) , pre-load can start the 21st (d2d) , idk about origin, if any others.
  20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I hope origin lets us pre-load before the 25th cause the servers will be bottlenecked BAD if they do not
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. They do allow preload (imagine the outcry if they didn't; STEAM CAN). On the 21st. So wtf can't they ship earlier too?

I may have to go on an Internet Crusade. In addition to of course wanting to play ASAP I took Tuesday through Friday off ffs. Days to use or lose anyway but I sure don't wanna be sitting around waiting...

Still can cancel and reorder but that is, like, Plan D at this point.
  22. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I almost ordered a physical copy but I like digital copies as well.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep and shooting a 140 grain BT. 3100 fps.
    I use 170s when hunting Elk. Slower but hit harder.
    Bought 40 rounds of the 140s last night at Cabela's.
  24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Ive got 6 boxes of Remington 7mm mag shells in my closet. I think they are the 170 grain though. I will have to look tonight
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to make Battlefield 3 my last physical copy ever just like Battlefield 2 was my first ever.