1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Oh. I am going by what my on eyes have seen. I couldn't give two shits what whoever that guys was has to say.
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I had people locking on, however I stayed EXTREMELY low to the group, and in many cases was able to roadkill people on the chopper, with minimal loss of control. I still don't think many ground soldiers take the lock on launcher, as they have to worry about vehicles too!
  3. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I think that implementing some aspects of CoD is a good idea because at it's core it is a good game, however over the past 4 odd years it hasn't evolved like other games have.
  4. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    PlanetBattlefield - Humorous Battlefield 3 GameStop TV Spot

Monday, 17 October, 2011 at 19:34 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
    An amusing Battlefield 3 TV spot created by GameStop was posted on YouTube a couple weeks ago. The ad, noticed by teslasmash from reddit, shows various Battlefield 3 soldiers shooting weapons from the Physical Warfare Pack. The Physical Warfare Pack is of course one of the pre-order bonuses if you order from GameStop as well as EA Origin, GAME (UK) and GameStation (UK). The pack is a time based exclusive and DICE have said it will be free for all later on this year.

kotaktu.com - How Will Battlefield 3 Be Remembered?

By Mark Serrels on October 17, 2011 at 2:00 PM

In a perfect storm of hype, timing and technology, the momentum behind Battlefield 3 has been staggering. As it accelerates towards its release October 27, we caught up with the game’s Creative Director Lars Gustavsson to discuss the game’s development, his influences, and what history will make of Battlefield 3.

While there are, of course, hordes of gamers lining up to pre-order Modern Warfare 3, it appears as though there is a sea change in our midst – almost as if the culmination of smart brand protection, combined with a series of dazzling trailers has set fans of core shooters alight with hype. Amongst core shooter fans, Battlefield 3 is arguably the most anticipated game of the year.

Gustavsson thinks the quality of the game itself may have something to do with it!

“We’re bringing something fresh to a market which, to be honest, has gone a bit stale recently,” says Gustavsson. “There are so many shooters out there and they all come from the same recipe.

“I play all shooters out there to stay up to date, but I really like Battlefield, because I can of the sheer variety. I often get this religious feeling when I look at some of the larger scale levels, just feeling amazed that we somehow managed to accomplish this!

Years of development experience, with the same core team, has enabled DICE to focus their efforts on creating the best Battlefield product possible. In that respect, Gustavsson believes that the force sweeping gamers towards the Battlefield 3 juggernaut is more than hype – it’s a gut response to what he believes is a quality product across the board.

“Where does our optimism come from?” He asks. “I would say it’s simply our experience in making the Battlefield games. We have an amazing engine. To look at the package of Battlefield, there’s so much to it.

“You have everything to small team deathmatch, to the full journey through a single player, to squad deathmatch – there’s a full, wide palette of possibilities. This time it feels like we’ve really stretched ourselves, and listened to feedback from the community.

“Our optimism is similar to how we felt about Battlefield 1942 when that was in development,” he continues. “When we’re playing in the office, we know it’s a really rock solid game. This time round we’ve done so much and improved so much. We’ve put so much into it.”

The FPS genre is, in a sense, a continual exchange of ideas – where innovations are constantly being shared, implemented and improved upon with subsequent releases. Battlefield has innovated within this space before, but it has also borrowed from the best – we wondered in Lars could think of any specific influences that affected the development of Battlefield 3.

“I’m not sure if I should pin point one,” he begins, reluctantly. “Well, Conquest was a game I was definitely inspired by – Day of Defeat, with its flag system is another. And the medic in Battlefield 2 was definitely inspired by Enemy Territory: Quake Wars’ medic system.

“That’s the beauty of the games industry. You might hear rumours of developers going after each other but for the most part it’s a friendly environment. And you borrow freely – it’s the team that executes the feature best that will be remembered.”

That word: ‘remembered’. In the world of PC gaming in particular, it’s one thing to shift millions of units, it’s another create and maintain the kind of community that Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4 currently have. You get the impression that’s precisely what DICE are shooting for with Battlefield 3.

“Really I want our game to be remembered for giving gamers a fresh take on the shooter,” claims Gustavsson. “Hopefully Battlefield 3 feels like it took the first person shooter to the next level and made the competition look a bit old and stale.”
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  5. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I've played the beta and have a good impression towards Caspian Border, it kept the spirit of true conquest. Whereas in Metro I had flashbacks of CoD especially when I quickly zoomed through my reflex scope to shoot but other than that it was still a good experience as Rush is also quite different from CoD's gameplay and player spawn rotation, It is awesome to see your whole squad or two taking cover behind corridor entrances and both teams showering each other with bullets within that space, it was complete mayhem imo especially when you see stray rockets blow up parts of the wall to create entrances.
    Lionheart says thanks.
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I don't see how, if you rip down a road then turn a corner while remaining below the treeline, they can't lock on once you pass that corner, as they can't visually see you anymore. They can't lock on through trees, if you don't move fast enough I could see people doing it, or if you raise above the treeline too much, or come down the freeway on Caspian where there is no cover on the sides of the roads. But notice almost all of their flying was around the Forest flag.
  7. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I want to learn how to fly the chopper like that!! When i flew it, it felt slow and cumbersome. Maybe Freedom can make a training video. I would hazard a guess that they were using flight sticks?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  8. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Looking at the comments in the vid he mentions letting go of "w" quickly...etc. Seems like kb/m. Impressive flying.
  9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Love the copter! Reminds me of my Novalogic helo days! Low flight and surprise is key!

A shame that the biggest map of the game is rather small. :p
  10. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    The best thing about the choppers is getting to shoot them down with a tank. :) I love it when some muppet swoops down to line you up with some rockets and you hit him square in the windscreen with a round!! It cracks me up everytime. I don't get in the tanks that often but when I do it always seems so easy to hit a chopper with the main gun. Maybe my trigonometry is good. Lol :pimp:
    digibucc says thanks.
  11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Ea Finally came through and changed my Master Account ID to: Associated_Death :toast:
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I got pretty good at it in BC2, especially in 'Nam, though I am going to have to get used to the speed and arc (or lack thereof) of the shells on these tanks now...
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Well said bro:toast: I agree 1000% :laugh::rockout: even though I raged like a little bitch :eek:
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well I seem to be the like the only people who ordered a physical that is kinda freaking out that I won't get it "soon enough" and am thinking about canceling for a download order...

I guess I point it out as I'm kind of surprised. And I'm not just referring to people here. Though come to think of it I should check the EA UK forum.
  15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, chopper flying isn't going to get as much of a benefit out of joystick as Jets will.
  16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    There is a tool to do that yourself. I did it.
  17. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    whoa, what tool?

:(:cry:
  18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I miss mail man already :( 2 days and no witty comments in sight.

I kept mine brandonwh64 cause of it being it in the forums
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I used to fly like that in BC2 but my gunner would always rage-bail.

I just felt like I had no power to work with, I would go into a dive and it would take ages and ages to pull back out of it.
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Gee a Mailman fanboy. That's just great. :roll:

So what the hell did he do this time, anyway?
  21. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    He congratulated qubit for his awesome editorial work.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. The BF3 Clubhouse without its founder just isn't the same, it's hollow and incomplete. It's like Jenna Haze without a huge red dildo, or Mia Farrow without the Maharishi buried deep in her.
  23. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I would sig this but I may get banned like mail man.

Yea I know mailman is rough around the edges but he means no harm. I have to agree some of Q's news posts are not really informative or on point. Even some of the mods have noticed this as well.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    LOL and how did he go about doing that, exactly?

Yeah, Qubit has turned out to be...an interesting choice. I'll leave it at that.
  25. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU