1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Thats what the whole battlefield community wanted! was a BF2 like game again. The game (minus a few BF2 features) is based off the same exact gameplay.

Battlelog proved to be better than an ingame browser. I could load a server in less that 2 minutes which apposed to BC2 which took a while to load the game then login then find a server then connect.

If I was done with a server I could simply hit ALT+F4 which closed the game completly then find another server and be back playing quickly. It also allowed a facebook style unlock posts which showed people what you have unlocked and such. It also allowed you to see your unlock almost in realtime.

I admit, it had its down sides but will probably be fixed at launch or after launch.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    LOL beat me to it...

Anyone who plays BF games and complains the maps r too big.. should clearly not be playin BF

Scrizz and digibucc say thanks.
  3. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea thats why COD was made :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Last CoD i liked was 4.

Scrizz, Black Haru and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I must say the same. I still have it installed and would play a while if I was in the mood.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Call of Duty has just become a money pit by releasing a new game every year. Why the hell would I want to pay $60 every year for a new CoD?

7. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Because you dont like BF3?

8. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Because all your fiends are doing it.

9. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    So because I dont like BF3 I instantly like CoD? It has to be one or the other?

I dont play with others I know because they like to work in teams and tell me how to play. Id rather just do my own thing.

10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much IF you wanna play this genre.. these are the only two worth playing in the MP action FPS category.

11. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Thats a retarded mentality. There is also Day of Defeat, BC2, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, TF2, Brink, Gears of War, etc

12. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Who said you had to play with them, you could play against them. Anyways the only reason why I end up play COD is cause all my console friends get it and I end up getting it to play with them, either teams or against.

13. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Because they'd rather team up with me than face me.

14. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Wait so you like BC2?

DoD/CS - is nowhere near these games and shouldnt even be in the same discussion
    L4D - is not in the same category, BF/COD r MP FPS shooters, L4D is a survival horror game
    Brink - seriously?
    Gears - TPS fun game tho

15. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Should I not like BC2 because I dont like BF2 or BF3?

They're all FPS. Even L4D. It has guns, therefore, its still classified as a shooter as well. MP action FPS. Which you said in a previous post.

And really youre going to go as far as to call GoW a TPS? Its still classified as a shooter, therefore, its an FPS.

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    BC2 is Battlefield. L4D isn't in the same genre, and neither is Gears, yes both you use guns but the MP is so far different I wouldn't ever be looking at them to fill my need for a MP shooter. DoD, CS, and Brink on the other hand I would pair closer to CoD. BF I would pair more with Arma, Operation Flashpoint, or Red Orchestra. Either way, your original post made it sound like playing the beta made you decide to not get the game based on bugs. Rather than just saying that you don't like the map size or play style (which BF has always been about massive maps, and team work). The reasons you don't like the game really have nothing to do with the beta.

Yeah and Borderlands is a Racing game, so are all BF games since they have vehicles. GoW is classified as an Action-Adventure, not an FPS, you don't even play in First person and FPS stands for First Person Shooter(heck where is the shooter part?). The multiplayer portion of L4D is drastically different than BF titles, why you would even tie them together is beyond me.

Scrizz and digibucc say thanks.
  17. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Yeah BC2 is BF, but it feels nothing like BF2 or BF3. BF3 is far different than what I like in BC2. Sure BF is about big maps but I dont play big maps and I understand that there are smaller maps to play for deathmatches and whatnot. Just the whole feel of the game (excluding bugs) just doesnt feel right to me.

18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I would wait to pass judgement till the final game is out. I wasn't really a fan of either of the maps (in the beta) to be honest. And I hated BF2, loved 1942 and BC2.

19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. How do you really know this as you are basing it on the beta?

20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I would have loved BF2 if they would have implemented the hit detection of mercenary's mod had. It was almost spot on.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    CoD serves up plenty of that i hear. you can go rambo behind enemy lines all you want and you can carry the team.

you cant really do that with Battlefield. sure more kills means less enemy for your team to deal with but K/D ratio doesnt win the game like CoD, you can have the most badass K/D ratio in the world but that dont mean shit if you cant capture checkpoints or flags.

You knew what BF3 was gonna be. why bother pre-ordering or playing the beta at all if you hate it so much??

Dont like team based shooters? go play CoD. but if youd still rather do your 'own thing' then why dont you cancel your internets and just play Single player games. No ones gonna tell you how to play in single player mode.

the more i hear the more i think you are just whinging

22. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Agreed.

My only issue with BF2 is the random ass spray when you shoot and the sHit detection.

H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  23. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I think we should get back on topic, fellas.

24. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    this is the BF3 clubhouse - we are talking about BF3 related things. (or i was at least)

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    That slow load in BF2 was caused by a file that kept track of the audio queues the the in-game tutorial. It was proven if you simply delete that temp file you could log in in a few seconds. The server load times is kinda a double edge sword as at the time we were running much much weaker hardware. It was also an issue with the algorithm used to load the information into RAM. An issue that was resolved during BF2142.

I liked battlelog, but I would still perform a unified game. Having a browser based game log into made Origin pointless to me and that is a bad move from their standpoint.