1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Your talk of four separate GPU's makes me want to Quad-Fire my 6950's lol the insanity of that on a single monitor setup like mine is ridiculous though :laugh: Also do you really anticipate needing better/more cards to run that Eyefinity setup?
  2. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    That would generate so much heat it would cook an egg and steak. ^_^
  3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    If they say 580 SLI is needed for single-monitor, then it might very well be possible. I guess I'll find out soon enough...36 hours and 20 minutes!:laugh:
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm... Eyefinity? Beta was dumbed down graphically (I hope) so we should expect hard times for our GPUs. I'm sure they were not really joking when they said GTX580 x 2. OK, just a little bit. But have you noticed that they changed the recommended specs to GTX570? Don't remember lately any game to recommend such a powerful card for er... recommended settings.
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Not where I live:laugh::

[​IMG]

In Eyefinity, nearly every game has issues going past 60FPS when only using two cards. Such is life.

Attached Files:

6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:

Yes i did miss that actually, and yet i am still quick to say that a single top tier card will be fine on Ultra, probably not maxed on Ultra with the inclusion of the missing visual components of the beta.

I agree that since Ultra had locked visual effects it is not a good barometer for hardware testing. Granted i still do not concede to the the idea that it'll take 2x GTX 580's, but that's just me talking. :eek:
  7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeha, I dunno WTF is up on that 580 SLi stuff. I was seriously hoping for a real answer...not sure why I was though, as now thinking about it, nobody is playing yet anyway! :p
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  8. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    However it still only advises a single 6950 for recommended settings so I am sure that Crossfire will max Ultra perfectly fine especially after the 100+ FPS I was getting in the beta.
  9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    True, i'm really eager to play!!, just have push through tomorrow and it's smooth BF3 sailing from that moment on! :rockout:
  10. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    TPU Platoon gonna be taking over :rockout:
  11. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
  12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  13. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Console version actually looks decent, they're also supposed be getting an HD texture pack at some point, yet of course it still won't be as good visually as a decently spec'd PC.
  14. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I can't say for a fact, but their reps have said more than one time you will have 1 soldier directly linked to your EA Origin account. Origin is linked to your master ID and doesn't seem to be able to see any of the other EA profiles. And even though Battlelog said it with an "S" I think that was a typo. I base most of this on what has been said and your soldier ID being taken directly from your EA Master account without asking you to "create" a soldier.

But yea, best guess. I personal don't need two soldiers if it is going to take as long as they say to unlock everything. I am a completest by nature.

P.S. Did he unlock Camo in that video?
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Idk. If this game is going to be visually better than anything else out there I can see needing two GTX 580's in SLi to achieve an average 60fps. Max settings and possibly over 1080p. All depends how much vRAM this game is going to use.
  16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    :roll: At least I got 2GB cards, unlike some other people, in fact ,the majority of people...with 1GB cards or less. VRAM, not too,too important, clearly...unless they meant 3GB 580's...I'm truly curious to see whether it's a VRAM thing, or a processing thing. I'm hoping it's just VRAM, but it's kinda a weird statement to make in the first place. Could have just been marketing.
  17. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It is marketing. Nvidia seems to be present wherever there's something BF3 around.
  18. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    But So is AMD, but seemingly in a much a larger way. The beta didn't have a "TWIMTBP" startup logo...it had an AMD one. The mixed messages are confusing. :p
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    makes sense.
  20. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Ran some tests with Bad Company 2 and as expected the FX-8150 runs that game smoother than the 1100T and my old 955. The main different being higher minimum and average frame rate. As I use VSync by default not sure if the max FPS is different.

Exact same system minus different board for the FX:

AMD PII X4 955: 32/48/60
    AMD PII X6 1100T: 38/54.125/60
    AMD FX-8150: 43/58.78/60

I expect performance to be the same with BF3 as it scales well with core count and is multi-threaded. So for anyone considering or running a Bulldozer chip, they should be great for BF3, though I will confirm this when the game is released.
    DrunkenMafia says thanks.
  21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Where in game are you testing? How long are the Fraps runs?
  22. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    All those test were done playing Multiplayer on full 32 player servers. Mostly Oasis, Atacoma, and White Pass. I ran Fraps after the middle flag is capped and the real firefights start for 5 minutes. I always used Assault to minimize time in the kit selection menu.
    Black Haru, cadaveca and erocker say thanks.
  23. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Thanx man, I have same mb and have a 8120 coming. Have you done any ocing? I might pm you when I get it to see what results/settings you are trying. :toast:

24. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    UNLOCK- Battlefield 3 - 24TH - korean VPN - FREE (Use at your own risk)

Here is a way to get what you need on the 24th.
    -------------------------------------------------

Go to this web address : FLYVPN :
    Here are the details you need :

Download link to program : http://www.flyvpn.com/files/download...PN_2.2.1.6.exe

Username/Password Details:

Username: vpna
    Password: zpqu
    (Free trial account gets offline every 20 minutes, 38 nodes, 102 Korean/Hongkong/Taiwan IPs)

----------------------------------

Once the program is downloaded open it and imput the username/password
    make sure your origin is shutdown then press connect button you will then get a list of KOREAN VPN IPS; select the one thats the fastest then press connect: I used : VPN 09

Then try to start your BF3 up and you will see this screen :

[​IMG]

----------------------------------

Very easy to do, free method for those that are not sure what to do, took me but 4 minutes google to get to work, have fun :)

17 hours and play time :)

Planet Battlefield - Battlefield 3 Release Times by Country (Ties in with story above)

Sunday, 23 October, 2011 at 11:16 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
    EA has posted the official times that Battlefield 3 will be unlocked (on EA Origin) depending on where you live. Those in the Korea Standard Time zone will be able to play first. Many people are looking into using a Korean VPN to unlock the game early, although it is unknown if this will actually work. As some have found, the date check built into BF3 does report a different time when using a Korean VPN. Tues, Oct 25th @ 12am KST = Monday, Oct 24th, 8am Pacific Time.

Battlefieldo - SOLDIER CUSTOMIZATION LETS YOU PICK YOUR CAMO

A new video has surfaced on youtube showing the Soldier Customization in the retail build of Battlefield 3. Seems like each pattern is an unlock and it’s great to see this level of customization finally hitting the Battlefield series. Here you can see a total of 12 Camo Patterns on the US Assault Class. With this many on launch, it is evident that we can expect to see many more being added in future patches / DLC’s. Thanks to GiGaB@yt for the headsup.

<see site for screen shots of the camo>
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  25. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am curious on how well my two GTX 580's will run my 2560x1600 monitor with Ultra settings...
    Hopefully they will handle the game just fine:)
    Crunching for Team TPU