1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    MT Alex says thanks.
  2. random

random

Thanks Received:
    HBAO with everything else on max kills my system, I find turning off AA Deferred while AA post on high and HBAO to clear out the edges adequately without the huge peformance hit.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    So is it intentional that Medic is still called Assault? Seems a bit weird seeing as we have Support now.

I haven't tried Max AA, but I been playing at 4x MSAA, and everything else on Ultra/Max Setting, and it's been playing fine. So seems our findings are about the same for the 6950 2GB.
  4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    It is intentional. They said pretty early on that Assault would be the medic class while Support provided ammo. It's a little weird coming from BC2 to BF3 but it's not a bad thing IMO.
  5. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting great performance on High settings with my system. Do you think I would see more if I update drivers?

Would it be worth it to get another 5770 to do crossfire?
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I just figured they would switch then name to make it pretty obvious what each kit was. With the Assault name it sounds like a run and gun lead the group class.
  7. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    So, I managed to get sp going, still can't log into battlelog so will have to wait until Friday I suppose.

Just finished the jet mission and what can I say. It is awesome, very intense and it managed to really draw you into the story.

I had a couple of funny glitches - 1 of the videos between levels repeated like 3 times before letting my go on, I think I bashed some keys and it kinda jumped a bit and loaded next level. Weird :confused:

I have everything on ultra with deffered AA off and motion blur off and get a fairly constant 60fps but I did see it drop to 30's once or twice.

Whats the go with the AMD crossifre logo on the screen, its there all the time not just during loading. Friggin advertising on my visual acreage, fuck it off I say.
  8. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Could some i7/8core bulldozer user register his CPU load and FPS on some scene with core affinity set differently ?
    8->6->4 ?
    Curious cause I'm either going with i5 or with multi thread/8core with my next PC and its just gonna do BF for next 2 years.
  9. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Im very surprised at the performance I'm getting with a single 5870 and a q9550 on a 30 inch monitor. High 30's low 40's consistantly. And if I knock it down a smidge- the res that is- i can easily get in the 50's and 60's while still on high settings with aa turned off. I do find it looks a bit stretched on the monitor if I have it at anything other than 2560x1600 though. And I do get pausing after a while of play a second or 2 at a time. Not sure if it's heat or what. When I manually crank my fan to 60 % it does seem to stop it mostly. Anyhoo, simply awesome game mp wise.
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I watched one of the interview, and the guy said because Assault is always being in the front line, it's a better idea to give them the ability to "revive" people.
  11. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    My game seemed to run choppy when i played MP last night, so i changed everything to High, and got 60-70fps consistently. I think the choppiness was from the server though, cause even after that, got bad rubberbanding.
  12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    #1 Overclock Moar

#2 sell said 5770 and grab a GTX570/580

#3 play BF3

#4 Win
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    My first BF3 experience was not too fun. I spent nearly two hours just trying to get the game working. When it finally worked, i played for like 15 minutes, then went to bed.

Seems liek the rest of the guys in TS were having fun though, so I am not sure why i had so many issues just getting it running, but such is life.
  14. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Maybe DICE didn't code in enough 'eh's or the Canadian Accent Pack wasn't ready for release yet.
    MT Alex and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Not as bad as mine. Starting with going to my Gamestop to find they do not have PC versions even tho their website sold me one. So I ad to buy a download after all which I coulda done way earlier.

And no one else here uses Q for something than spot/comm?
  16. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone else had issues on Caspian with rocks having pink skins on them and the textures on tanks going funky? Also should I OC my 2600K to look for even better performance in BF3? And can anyone confirm whether 11.10 preview 3 works better than 11.9?
  17. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:

Go to your ACC control in the task bar click the first graphics card then go to crossfire disable Show Crossfire setting.That should get the grey AMD Crossfire logo off the screen.

Anyone playing the SP notice the story line seems like a jab at Black Ops? Fun so far got to laugh at some of the quotes in it.And Just the story itself,Multiplayer seems good too ,Anyone play Metro yet? :roll::roll::roll::roll: I have played the bigger maps metro what ?:banghead:
    :respect:Game is running fine on my end (better then beta )everything ultra no AA ,The other setting for AA on normal, HABO on. @1900x1280 :)
    DrunkenMafia says thanks.
  18. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Latest news, latest news!

It's my duty to report on previous posted information that was not acurate.
    Given the fact that the game really looked underwhelming even at Ultra, I reinstalled the latest MHQL drivers from nVidia, with the option to perform a clean install activied this time.

WELL GENTLEMEN, NOW I AM AT REAL ULTRA. Now it looks like heaven. Now it cooks the computer and now I feel the sweet framerate descend, halleluya. My post from 12 hours back should be disregarded.

So be advised: if you had the previous beta drivers, maybe you need to take measures, like me.

I will replay the SP missions I had finished to see the levels in all it's glory. It really makes a difference.
  19. Abe504

Abe504 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you playing on the Back to Acid map pack?
    Crap Daddy says thanks.
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    LOL I told you your computer was broken. And I almost even mentioned drivers...
  21. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I think DICE wanted the keyboard/mouse players to get at least one good night in before I came in and PWN'd everyone with my controller-using leet skills of physically-disabled awesome-sauce.

:respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:

That and well, I got some reviews to work on anyway.:laugh: I'm pretty limited in how much I can play anyway, as this cold weather is playing havoc on my shoulder, and painkillers and alcohol don't mix well.:pimp:
    johnnyfiive and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  22. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Seems I am going to be using the latest preview drivers for Catalyst when I get home to see if I see a real difference :D
  23. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Usually infantry is your first line combat life savor unless you manage to somehow get a medic to tag along :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. meran New Member

Thanks Received:
    i've seen a great jump in fps going from q9650@ 4ghz to 2500k@ stock!!!!! hope i see the same jump in bf3 my eyes wouldn't believe how fast is the sandy bridge in battlefield !!

edit :^^ bad company 2
  25. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, so guy's heres the deal.

This is my video on Ultra Settings everything. I avg about 90 FPS because its inside and not a lot of open space. However, my FPS drops down to 35-40 and 60 sometimes because I think the drivers are a little bit iffy or the BF3 needs to have another hotfix for crossfire.

Heres the video:

Lastly my questions are the following:

- If you have 5xxx or 6xxx crossfire, does your GPUs have lag issues or FPS droppages? It's not scaling that good for me in some maps

- Are your maps time loading a little bit longer than usual?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013