1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Look:

[​IMG]

Also got my first "Ace" pin in the same round. ;) was a good round, for sure.

Attached Files:

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:

Did you add your CDkey to your origin account? You must do that and use your origin login to get into battlelog

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. REAYTH

REAYTH

Thanks Received:

Attached Files:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    I fixed the problem it was punk buster 1 file was missing which i had to download manually.

5. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    It's always fun spawning with my back facing the enemy or joining a server were no one can spawn until they suicide.

Fun fun fun

6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yep, that works. If you do an "advanced reply", you'll see a "yellow stamp"; click it, and you'll be able to post the image in a larger form like I did. To get the link that goes between the tags, right click the link under "attachments", and "copy shortcut", then paste the shortcut between the tags.

[pic]shortcut[/pic]

"pic" gets replaced with "img" for it to work right.

:rockout:

digibucc and REAYTH say thanks.
  7. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Need some advice on this everybody, whenever I try to use Ultra settings they are messed up and do not display correctly, I am sure it is not my graphics cards going as they are only a month old and Ultra settings were working before one of the patches they released, Should I try a reinstall of the game? Also I cannot edit my graphics settings without the game locking up :/

Any help/tips for this would be great :/

8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    First: Did you flash your cards with the 6970 unlock? If so, that may be the problem, if not then...

...I would clean and reinstall my video drivers/CAP. Failing that I would undo any overclock on my system. I would also check my sound drivers and DX for updates. If none of those work, reinstalling the game would be top priority, but I would also opt for a wipe/reinstallation of Windows.

Also, try removing one of your cards to see if they both work individually.

9. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    No overclocks or flashing on my cards or cpu, can I have specific instructions for a completely clean video drivers/CAP install because I have uninstalled them all and used driver sweeper to remove anything for AMD from my system and still have that issue afterwards. Also I have no DirectX updates available, I will check for sound driver updates but would they be likely to fix this? Reinstalling Windows would have to be my last resort because it would be a significant hassle :/

Edit: Will check this again when back from school X_X so agravating lol.

DannibusX says thanks.
  10. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Well after getting some time to play im rather impressed, only problem I have is the first game i try to join loads to a black screen.
    Kudos to DICE and EA for having working servers for the most part on day 1.

11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I'm sympathetic to anyone having technical issues but a lot less so if your attitude about it rude and reactionary (these people have likely done little to no troubleshooting in general) and say the game sucks or is broken. Anyone who thinks it's inherently bad or that DICE has ripped them off (and there are plenty on other forums incl. Battlelog) is an impatient tool with their heads up their asses, a chip on their shoulder or simply an agenda. Perhaps some are a combo of all three.

And this is coming from a guy who has to use Autokey for his accustomed binds and can't chat in-game now nor spot easily until they patch it.

MT Alex and erixx say thanks.
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Well, persojnally, I;ve done al lteh troubleshooting possible, including re-downlaoding the app 5 times now since launch.

That's near 55GB of downlaods, because Origin is BROKEN.

I've literally wasted 8 hours troubleshooting my issues, to find that Origin sucks, and if you try the "repair installation" option, it will download and "update".

The update breaks the game, and makes it so it won't even start and is not recognized as a valid Win32 application. When this happens, you need to re-download.

Which I have done now, like I said, 5 times.

When it works, it works great, but actaully getting it working has to be one of the most problematic things possible.

However, I am more than aware that the problem is mostly driver, and not the game. Still very frustrating though.

Of course, I didn't have any problems at all until I called EA, and the agent hung up on me..since then, nothing but problems.

MT Alex says thanks.
  13. Lt_JWS

Lt_JWS

Thanks Received:
    FYI i had a 955X4 @3.8Ghz 8gigs of 1866 DDR3, and a highly overclocked 6850 ;) I've just grown tired of constantly upgrading my PC... not that it wasn't fast I was just never happy with it and just don't have time for the hassle anymore... it was fun a few years ago!

14. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Is this better than BC2?

15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Leaps and bounds better. As it should be based on it's name.

Well Dave you seem to be the exception to the rule and I'm certainly thankful I'm not having serious issues too. Surprised you haven't been able to work it out as much as Origin may suck and need work. :/

16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i do not think it's the game code causing my problems...it's Origin applying a patch that is invalid. I did confirm just now that if you stop the patch from being applied, that scan of the game's files works without issue.

I submitted an official bug report to EA/DICE..we'll see if they sort it out.

The crashes/freezes I have been getting are 100% driver-related(Crossfire). I merely tried the game file scan to ensure that nothing was corrupted from the improper shutdowns. The two issues together can be quite frustrating. Seems my using a conotrller has it's downsides too.

Fortunately, I have other important stuff to do to occupy my time, so I don't really mind playing with installs and redownloads too much...at least if the problem happens to someone else, I'll know how to deal with it. ;)

17. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    How come you don't get to see the tags you took at the end of the match anymore? I know it did that during the alpha. I liked they way it listed out all the ones you took in BC2, and also displayed the ranks (bronze, silver, or gold) when you took them. Also kept track of how many you took from each person.

18. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    There are "special tags" like the Dev tags Reayth and I have posted. Not the same system as BF BC2.

There are tags for owning other EA titles, even.

I'd like those tags too...As far as I know, the only way to actualyl get someone's tags is to knife them from behind. I didn't get that dev tag until i got dude from behind..musta knifed him three or four times before that, as we all spent a fair bit of time on that server(by we, i mean the usual guys in TS that play together).

19. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    This is by far the best game I have ever played. Holy crap it's fun and looks stunning.
    Had to turn off hyperthreading to get it to run right though.

20. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unbelievably helpful. You sir, deserve an alcoholic beverage of your choosing :toast:

OT: A hell of a lot of fun this game is. Very intense in certain situations, feels realistic enough to be great but not enough to make one rage and looks great while doing it. Do wish people knew how to revive though :shadedshu

21. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i know about knifing from behind, done that quite a few times already, but I haven't found how to look at all the tags i've taken from certain people. I liked seeing how many times i'd stabbed my friend. We always try to join together, but usually end up on opposite teams for the first couple of games. Tags was a nice way to spice up the competition.

Oh, anybody else notice how there is still a "Lock on" with the knife? A guy was running by me, and i just hit the knife on accident, and bam, i flew forward and stabby stabby.

22. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    A lot of people are getting that and there is no fix for it yet. They have to patch the game in order to fix that problem.

johnnyfiive says thanks.
  23. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    i want to play the map where you jump in paras from a huge heigh. no way, they play it in 'small' version'0....

24. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    If it came with a Free hosting and domain, put ads on it to generate income and post clan shit and crap from the games on there.

25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Digi, Use google ads and generate revenue for the servers payment! Have someone here that is good at web design make a cool page (with wizz's permission). You will get atleast 25% from ads

Crunching for Team TPU