1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    My damn son is posting up 25 and 2 rounds. Here Pop is lucky to get 5 kills in a round. He is Xbox , but he is good. Like Kurgan and Highway good. He can play equally as well on the PC.
    Of course he used to beat me on SOF when he was about 9. Back when you could have LAN games with just one copy :wtf:

2. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Eurogamer.net - Back to Karkand Screenshots

Planet Battlefield - "Robust set of expansion packs" for Battlefield 3 Over Next 6 Months

Thursday, 27 October, 2011 at 21:14 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News

During EA's earnings conference call today, EA Games Label President, Frank Gibeau stated there would be a "robust set of expansion packs" planned over the next 6 months for Battlefield 3. One of those is of course Back to Karkand, but it seems we can expect more. Gibeau also commented about on their network service stability and are confident they can handle the additional load from the Europe launch this weekend. Some other Battlefield 3 mentions are listed from the transcript below.

Ryan Gee - BofA Merrill Lynch, Research Division
    This is Ryan Gee calling for Justin. Getting onto Battlefield real quick, I was wondering if you guys can talk about your downloadable content or sort of add-on content plans for that over the next maybe 3 to 6 months? And then we're coming up to November when there's going to be competing shooter titles out there. How do you guys plan to maintain engagement for Battlefield during that time? And then maybe if you wanted to talk about Medal of Honor and how usage patterns either at retail or online changed in November last year?

Frank D. Gibeau
    Sure, this is Frank. In terms of engagement, the Battlefield community has the highest engagement rates inside of Electronic Arts in terms of the online play. We do that through a variety of means. First and foremost, we have a fairly aggressive downloadable content plan out in front of us. We've already announced the Strike at Karkand Map Pack that is going to becoming available and we'll be constantly updating on the servers and infrastructure with new features and enhancements. Our plans over the next 6 months is to have a very robust set of expansion packs past on Strike at Karkand and that we think the community's going to be very, very excited about. (cont.)

Brian J. Pitz - UBS Investment Bank, Research Division
    Congratulations on the successful launch of Battlefield 3 , it looks great coming out of the box. Just a couple of questions on that. We're hearing there's some issues with recent server outages that prevented gamers from accessing the multiplayer game. Did these servers go down due to a larger-than-expected demand or was it some other issue? And second, a quick follow-up, can you share any data points for how the game is selling on Xbox versus PC?

Frank D. Gibeau
    Sure, this is Frank. In terms of the network services, we have had unprecedented and historic peaks in terms of the activity that we're getting from the Battlefield community and players, and it's caused parts of our networks to experience some outages. We were very rapid in our response there. We were able to get those back up. We feel like we've really gotten a handle on it now, and the service as it scales to the release in Europe this weekend, should be solid. In terms of that mix on PC and Xbox sell-through, we've only been out a couple of days, and we really haven't seen enough information to give you a solid trend answer for the mix there. I can tell you that the PC SKU is performing extremely well.

John S. Riccitiello
    Battlefield 3 was launched on Tuesday and has opened very strong. We shipped 10 million units to retail and we are already receiving reorders. The data is still early but sell-through is strong.

Peter R. Moore
    I'll finish with Battlefield 3. As you know, we launched this title earlier this week, and the results have been tremendous, thanks to the superb quality of the title produced by our DICE Studio in Stockholm, and the world-class marketing executed by our teams globally. Our marketing made adept use of YouTube where 13 million people have viewed our trailers and on Facebook where we have 2.1 million fans. Battlefield 3 PR was everywhere, and on launch date, in North America alone, more than 8,400 stores opened early to sell the game. We couldn't be happier with the launch of Battlefield 3.

So to sum it all up, we're nailing it in Digital and nailing it in Packaged Goods.

Arvind Bhatia - Sterne Agee & Leach Inc., Research Division
    Great. One question on Battlefield 3 as well. Can you just remind us the mix of PC versus consoles for the last one? And are you expecting a similar mix for this one as well?

Frank D. Gibeau
    This is Frank. The mix going forward on those titles, we haven't really announced, and I don't think we're in a position to really talk to those yet. I mean, we're only 2 days in terms of sell-through and we're looking at the reorders. But the PC, as I said before overall, we expect would've grown as an overall business just because of how spectacular the software is on the PC and what it looks like.

3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    question about scoring on conquest. Is it whoever gets to 0 first wins or is the other way around??

4. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Worst map imo is 64 player metro conquest. Who ever thought that was a good idea should be shot. :slap:

Although apparently "Chuck Norris is an RPG whore" on that map. At least that's what I got called last night. :laugh:

5. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    well i'll be glad when i can play for a full game without getting kicked... turning the game off for now...
    my frustration factor has just had to add a new lvl... its the WTF Kicked Again lvl...

anyway looks like someof yo are having better luck... gives me hope at least...

ps. your connection to server has timed out.

6. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    manually update punk buster

7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    the way the server browser works, is when you click refresh it grabs 100 random servers that match your filters. there are thousands of servers, so an empty server has less than a %10 of ever being chosen. we need to get 5 or more people in there to match the 5+ filter, which will drastically increase our chances of keeping it populated.

it's not crashing and punkbuster is working, the only real issue is WE need to get in it more often to keep it populated. i will be on within the hour.

if anyone is worried about the 8 player limit to start a round, that can be changed when we log on. the settings file doesn't work yet (for all bf3 servers) so the commands have to be run from live control.

i have given a few people permissions to force start the round, and i will give some more if people want to try to keep this populated with me. you can get a lot of practice with just a few people and i have gotten more points with 5v5 than with any other number of players.

i'm gonna keep the server up anyway, but i'd LOVE it if we could fill it up more often :)

(FIH) The Don and SK-1 say thanks.
  8. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I tried a few times. Just wanted flight practice if anything. So Ill take you up!

9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I play for points, mostly, not kills. 100 points for a kill, or 450 points to capture a flag. I'll take flags, thanks. ;)

Besides, playing wit ha controller means I'm not that accurate at aiming. Every once in a while I'll ahve a good K/d ration, but more ofthen than not, I die far more than I kill :p

10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah ive wondered why people never play on it. its the first server i check to see if anyone is in it

digibucc says thanks.
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    well i can understand wanting a full server - but for me i think the point is this CAN be a full server. both times we have gotten 8 people on, it has jumped to 30 and 60 within 15 minutes. it really doesn't take much but we either have to do it as a group or just have more people that check like you, and join even if it's only 1 person in it.

i don't expect any one person to sit in an empty server (unless they are practicing) , but if by chance there is one, join for a few to see if you can get the population up. thanks! :)

12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well that's one of the problems--you can't practice or do shit but stand there and wait for enough players. Hope they change that. They obviously don't want a repeat of the first version of BC2 where you could join an empty and not just run around and mess with vehicles n what not but also arm mcoms and cap flags whoreing free points. But this is the polar opposite and way too much imo.

digibucc says thanks.
  13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i know, but that's why i mentioned that it is possible to force start it. anyone that would be interested in practice and sitting on the server to help populate it, can ask me for permissions to force start with less than 8 people, i'm on now by myself having done that :)

14. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah for sure. I use it when theres not many people in it for practicing flying and getting my joystick controls dialed in

digibucc says thanks.
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh missed that and didn't know possible. Cool.

digibucc says thanks.
  16. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    That was a great round dont like Dave fool you i helped him get that 10k beast of a score. Teamwork for the win

whomever reaches 0 loses,

essentially those tickets are reinforcement tickets each spawn uses 1 ticket,

whomever controls the most bases on the map also has the advantage because it causes tickets to drop automatically at a faster rate, aka

you lose tickets when you die and have to respawn
    you lose tickets when you have less bases then your oponnent,
    you gain tickets when your revived by a team mate.

whomever reaches 0 first loses

cadaveca says thanks.
  17. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Ill be on in a bit. I need to finish eating, go pick up my check, and do some reading for school

18. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    oh for free points

if you find enemy mines throw a grenade at them. blow up 2 you get 200 points for a anti explosive ribbon

just be careful how you blow them up, if i shoot mines with a tank i dont get the points hand grenades i get a crap ton in that round with dave i got at least 1000 points just blowing up mines with grenades.

digibucc says thanks.
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    there's a few of us on the TPU server, join it!

20. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    EOD Bot confirmed kill on one member of this clubhouse.

I will not say which.

Ok, ok, I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with Digibucc.

Oh yeah, I'll be back on the TPU server in a few minutes. Just gonna do some grubbin'

digibucc says thanks.
  21. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes it only takes two guys to win a round:

[​IMG]

cadaveca says thanks.
  22. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    thx for the game guys, was fun :D

allthough i suck with the A10 lol

digibucc says thanks.
  23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I haven't messed with the EOD bot at all yet. Any tips?

Man, being the true Battlefield player that I am (Heh) I love large vehicle maps and the first few days was so enthralled with raising hell on Caspian (a map I also knew already) that I didn't really try any others and thus only recently truly discovered the awesomeness that is Operation Firestorm.

I spotted and nailed a dude up on a high roof like 700m away with tank shell on the first shot while perched way up on a hill not far from Russian uncap. No zoom optics even. Good ol' T-90 reticule.

I still don't get the damn AA tank much tho. Everybody knows how sweet is is by now. :p

24. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a question...I was checking my checking account it it showed that it took out BF3 payment on the 25th of October. I was like wtf? I called my bank and *said* its *possible* they could've had the payment on hold till release date...? Meanwhile I have to wait 1 hour for phone call or 45 minutes to talk in chat 24/7!? Origin's customer service is horrible.

Has this happen to anybody? Does someone know an email address I can email these crooks?

25. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    you got your game right?