1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wow yes that is a nice looking and informative one but yeah too big. :(

MT Alex says thanks.
  2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    A couple good rounds here with TPU members dont mind Master_OrHan no one likes him anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    They are, but not for external signatures where W1z specifically said if we abused it they would be taken away, so thanks for potentially fucking us over.

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
  5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    everyone join the TPU server!

6. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    1Kurgan1 and f22a4bandit say thanks.
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    jesus just played a match on Seine Crossing and it was a mortar cluster fuck. the damn place was starting to look like a city during WWII

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    A city like...Paris?

9. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    ^lol.

I am loving the grand bazaar stage, and seine crossing - I tend to stick to DM as I get the most "relaxation" out of gunning dude down without having to run a mile just to get shot by a tank or jet.

I like how there is squad DM and team DM. Good thinking EA

10. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Yes, because I intentionally searched for some massive sigs just to screw you guys over. Mine fit within the guidelines the entire time. I was only asking a question, so feel free to chill the fuck out.

11. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Couple of nice rounds in tonight. Crashed a few times earlier, but seems like everything is in working order now.

12. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Hi, my name is Ryan and it's been nearly 3 days now since I have played BF3... stupid work!!! and I gotta go OS for the rest of the week, won't be able to play until Monday week. :(

I seriously have not played a game this good since BF2. :)

13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    really feel we should start just looking at the TPU members in the platoon, and start going with a whos who and verify first formality, as im seeing alot of people that join the platoon and leave, or whom are part of 3-4-5-6-7 different platoons and never actually game with us which brings into light the question why are you part of the TPU platoon?

I feel at this point lag issues aside seem to be a bit well redundant, is mussels from down under can game on are server and do decently, theres no real reason others cant,

I say this because out of 88 members of the TPU platoon it would appear only 20-30 of them actually play or have any intention of gaming with the lot of us.

14. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    :):)true that. You can boot me if you like. i cant really play at a time when u are all on. I just like being in the platoon so i can check out everyones stats.

15. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I had intended on playing a lot this past week, but only was able to get Wednesday to do so, spent Thursday with the gf and the rest of the week out of town. Whenever I'm on I tend to just hop in a game with anyone on my friends list, whether a TPU member or otherwise.

16. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    thats fine an dandy

what aggrevates me is seeing someone in

10 different platoons that never plays with any of us ever

aka the norm seems to be

Andantech
    Overclockers
    Xtreme systems
    add in 3-4 more from various other tech sites and off shoot platoons,

alot of platoon members seem to have the mistaken idea that we just want people for the sake of numbers,

id rather see people that game and at least game with us on occasion over people that never intend to actually join us in game play,

we have a server, we have a teamspeak, we have the platoon, not the hard to friend a few and join up is it? again even mussels whos roughly 9300 miles from the TPU server still managed to join up and kick some ass altho i did laugh when a lag spike made his kamikaze raid utter fail... ah good times. anyway back on to the rant!

I realize time zones locations etc are different, but theres almost ALWAYS a least 1-2 core TPU members playing at any 1 time, i should know ive befriended just about everyone in the damn platoon lol.

currently out of 88 members 50 are on my friends list

granted these are just my opinions which are usually overlooked and ignored after a few moments of contemplation since im an extreme rage aholic. so take it for what you will. not trying to single anyone out, just making the statement that being a part of 10 different platoons is rather asinine.

H82LUZ73, 1Kurgan1 and DrunkenMafia say thanks.
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Ah. I see. I only have TPU as a Platoon, and maybe 2-3 people on my friends list from the Platoon. I had like 5-6 during the Beta and would hop in to stalk them from time to time, but since they wiped Friends Lists that's no longer the case. I'll definitely check out the TPU server when I get a chance. Is it exclusively Conquest\Large Conquest? I have grown rather fond of Rush from time to time.

18. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Uhhh lol I don't know if you've guys noticed, for those of you who have an i7 up to sandybridge, I turned off Hyperthreading and all forms of stuttering disappeared for me, game is amazingly more smooth now sticking to 60fps on my gtx 570 with effects/shadows on high - aa deferred off - Ambient Occlusion SSAO and motion blur off, everything else I've set to ultra.

19. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    release a new patch already!!!

and secondly why arent the 'old' maps in play already??? I paid for the LE version of the game that includes this expansion pack but there are no servers up for it???

WTF

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    they were never going to be released with the game - 1-2 month after release was all i have ever heard, so i am expecting around christmas, maybe shortly after.

21. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    because it's not possible to hard code such a limit without storing the images on our server.

even if we check at the time when you add the image link, it could be changed on the source server at a later time. or the source server could serve up a smaller image when the request comes from tpu forums ip

22. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Ah, I was unaware. Thank you for a more detailed answer :D

23. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    agreed. they will likely use it to boost holiday sales like they did with BC2:vietnam

24. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the TPU platoon (xXTank RushXx), but i usually join any server that i find on the server browser list that has a good amount of players and room for one more. I joined a TPU server once but no one was playing so i moved along to a different server.

I think most people treat the platoon as more of a fan page to join up and nothing to serious, we join the group to represent and then head off to other random servers. It was the same with Steam, we'd have group pages and what not, but we would rarely actually play together. (which personally was never a concern for me)

25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's fine for you, and i'm sure many others agree. however a bunch of people asked about a tpu server - and now that it has been paid for there's about 10 people that regularly visit it. and those people never mentioned word one before it was bought, they just support it now that it exists. I cannot possibly grasp the point of being part of a group and NEVER participating in that group. it makes absolutely no sense.

and saying the server is always empty is actually a bit untrue. every day since it launched there have been at least 6v6 for 5 hours or more. it's been full a few times and had 30 or so on once or twice. now i recognize that 5 hours isn't a huge span - but when people say "the server is always empty" it's pretty clear how often they check.