1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I checked the TPU server last night (around 11:00 pm Alaska time) and no one was on it so I played on several other servers.
    I have not use TS because I do not have a mic currently. So it sounds like it would still be a good idea to use TS when playing on the TPU server even if you don't have a mic...

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, did not know the boxes could get damaged like that. I guess it works for health packs too? Any other tidbits of knowledge you know of Krugan?

Anybody know how to toss C4? And i mean further than 2 feet

3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Ah good to know.

4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played Medic at all except for picking up one of their kits for a few seconds, so not sure if those will blow up either, but I would put my money on them doing so. I just noticed at choke points when supplying ammo, if a grenade got tossed in there and killed a few people my ammo boxes would be gone as well.

And C4 is pretty pointless, I think a jump toss will get you 4 feet. I've got some vehicle kills with it on foot, but it's basically signing your death pact as you almost have to be making out with the tank in order to plant it and it's lucky if you even make it there, I been killed while right on the side of an IFV, somehow apparently their turret can fire through the top corner of their roof and kill you?

5. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    As for "tidbits" watch that "Myths Busted" video I posted couple pages back. It's embedded.

6. KillerWRabbit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well... I joined the platoon yeasterday but got kicked 2day??? If I should of ask 1st, then my bad. My name is the same as my tpu name.

I ve just got bf3 to work, for some reason I had to reboot the pc for each part of the install to get it to work with Firefox. Did every1 else had this with firefox?

7. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    No. That's pretty wierd. Glad you figured it out tho.

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    The reason you got kicked was that we did not know who you are. Please do the following then reapply for the platoon :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I tossed my info on the spreedsheet because even though I'm not in the platoon I will still jump on from time to time.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well I have always been an advocate of Conquest over Rush, because Rush is just too linear. But a server I was on today rotated too Grand Bazaar Rush and I stuck around. My god that server is amazing. Since it runs in a circle for each set of crates you down, you are still able to get behind the enemy's(granted I had to run out of bounds for 7 seconds to do it a few times). Went 26/8 and stabbed quite a few people, makes me feel so good coming up on a wave of enemy's laying down suppressive fire in the other direction.

H82LUZ73 and digibucc say thanks.
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I'm the wsame, totally prefer conquest. but i think i know what rush map i'm adding now :)

12. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I find myself preferring Rush more and more, although I do have a lot of love for Conquest. Conquest is great, leaves a lot of playing room open to sneak around and get into shenanigans, but Rush is just so action packed it's hard to ignore. I'd really like to try Bazaar Rush. That map is freaking amazing.

13. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    gota be honest battlelog is growin on me ,a bit.

did the game get patched yesterday or just the browser pluggin, as over here it looked like both, still seems quite fussy though, ie my gpus have to be bob on the same speeds with increased volts?(over norm,strange but true) and all catalyst settings at default or prog controlled, (11.10WHQL and cap4 installed) to get multiplayer stabley starting

More than 25k PPD
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just prepare for the 1st set of crates to be gone instantly. I was waiting in the Defenders spawn trying to figure where the Attackers would come from. They come from straight ahead, same distance from the crates as you, it's impossible to get there and get defense set on that first set, think they both pops in about 10 - 15 seconds after the round started. After that though it smooths out, all those hallways running through the map make for great flanking, and claymores are actually useful here, they feel useless on every other map.

I might be in the same boat, I always loved how open Conquest was, or how any class felt like they could be used on any map. But Support or Medic on Operation Firestorm or Caspian Border just don't feel like they belong. I wasn't a fan of prone coming back, I didn't feel it was needed, and I felt it promoted camping. And now that there is even more cover than there was in BC2, and lots of the buildings can't even be dropped, infantry areas of those maps just end up being a camp fest. Like Operation Firestorm, I usually get killed by some wookie up on some stairs in the fuel tanks, just far too much scanning required to move. And maps like Operation Metro on Conquest are even more campy than it on Rush. Too many corridors on these maps, too many funneling points.

Told you :p It's not bad, load times are quick, I usually alt tabbed in BC2 anyways. I don't really notice any massive difference between it and an in-game browser, and it has some stat tracking and having a Platoon is nice. Overall, I would say I'm happy with it and it works fine.

digibucc says thanks.
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yes we all prefer conquest as we are mostly pre-BC2 BF players but I too agree Rush is an improved experience in this game. I gotta be in the mood for all that action tho of course... :)

That's funny how it worked out Kurgan as most of my best Rush experiences in BC2 were on server thats switched modes and I decided to stay. Had a particularly great round as a defending gunner in tank on Harvest Day Rush one time. First time I'd played that mode on that map.

16. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Quick question, Back to Karkand isn't available, right?

[​IMG]

17. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i'm still use to conquest mode the most, but like yall have said, rush is fun. I think its best, or I liked it more, when the server was a mixed mode, so you don't get burned out of a particular map or mode.

I think it would be pretty cool to see a rush mode mod in BF2.

18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    btarunr says thanks.
  19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Right now my favorite is Kharg Island, rush mode. Rush + big maps + vehicles = awesomesauce.

20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I think the rush maps in BF3 trump BC2's by alot. I HATED rush on BC2 but Im diggin it in BF3

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one who finds the city levels in this game to be mostly a pile of camping nade/rocket spamming shit?

CoD has a lot to answer for.

The big maps are still good though.

22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's how people play because they don't yet comprehend strategy or tactics. it isn't necessary to play like that in those maps, but i do agree it happens very often. mostly seine but bazaar can get rough as well.

23. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Urban combat is short range, in your face warfare. Of course it's going to be campy.

24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know MatDerKater?

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Even Tehran Highway is. The center has too little cover, and the outsides have too much.