1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    dosent ricochet

damage is pathetic vs IFV / MBT
    worthless against any air target the LMG or HMG are better
    infantry its effective if there between 15-40 meters after that the spread patters results in minimal damage, its not bad but i can still kill with a regular main cannon just as quick as the canister shell its definetly fun to use and can scare a chopper pilot shitless altho it wont do much damage to him.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've taken down choppers, 1 jet with it. Damage seems fine to me. You need to aim better I reckon. :p It's not for taking out vehicles anyways, it's for taking out infantry and it does a damn good job. It's better than the LMG and HMG, why? 1 shot 1 kill. Say an infantryman is sticking his upper body out from behind a rock to get a look at you. With the HMG or LMG you'll get a couple shots on him.. maybe but he'll find cover. With the canister shells, he doesn't get that chance.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  3. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    7 flags.

[​IMG]

Spaceman Spiff says thanks.
  4. Fhrope New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. n1tro New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, it is, but also, yes, it works, and in my case, MUCH much better than using Origin.
    Maps load faster, no fps drops, no stuttering and no HD swapping like crazy.

6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    so you are actually saying origin causes all of those things? i must consider myself lucky then ;)

7. n1tro New Member

Thanks Received:
    in my case, it is... simple test: play with origins, and play without it.

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sweet so then Cannister + Thermal Optics = Inf Killing Machine

9. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i shot i think it was dave with the canistor shell he was in an attack chopper

he took 3 canister shells straight on, didnt take out the chooper, 1 main cannon shell however no issue,

and why would i need to aim better? canister shell is a shotgun and im hitting same targets with the main cannon, easier to hit with the shotgun yes? it depends on target and range, infantry sticks head out around rock blam main cannon shell to the face :roll:

I will agree thermal optics are a must have

like i said its effective against infantry fro sure i find is far more effective at taking out infantry inside a building shoot through a window and spray the inside with canister shells.

also anyone else semi saddened that some cement walls are impervious and cant be destroyed noticed it on Kharg island 7 pieces of c4 on a 6 inch cement wall and it comes away without a scratch.. rather infuriating when trying to make a hole to create avenues of attack.

10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    if origin causes the syptoms, the underlying problem is your hardware is bad. origin doesn't cause that on a computer that is otherwise perfectly fine.

11. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Just 2 notes:
    1) Been playing with Teamspeak with Scrizz and it was a pleasure for me, non-merican, he made a huge efford to allow me to understand THANKS! I will come back and help more, the fact that I was playing and talking at the same time caused me to be very unconcentrated! I hope to enjoy your company again, and as I said, be a bit more useful, be it supplying ammo or health or covering your six.

2) Flash in webs: if you have updated Flash to latest versions, it will use the GPU (reason for seeing slowdowns in the game). Test: run website with flash and check GPU profile: mine goes from 50->400->700 Mhz. It also means your are consuming more electricity, thanks Adobe for making webbrowsing 0,001 seconds faster!

12. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Alright guys, I unlocked IR Flares and Heatseekers for jets just a little while ago. I forget the name of the map, but it's the one with the oil pipeline running up the middle.

What I did was land the jet on the main road in the center and guide it in to D while it was captured. Then I waited for it to neutralize and for me to capture. That did the flares, I did it again and unlocked the heatseekers.

13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah that works for all vehicles and kits. if you are a recon, even using an ump (as gunny taught me), all points level your support class. well the same works with tanks/choppers/jets. any points you get while in them go toward their upgrades. :)

14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I just found out a SOFLAM spotting makes the Javelin do a lot more damage in addition to being able to target air vehicles. There's always something new to learn.

Digibucc Im not sure I understand what you are saying re. Recon and leveling the Support class. The UMP is across all classes I thought. I had figured out points while in vehicle go towards vehicle unlocks.

15. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Wait what? What is SOFLAM Spotting, how do I get it and how do I make the Javelin do more damage and target air vehicles?

16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i edited it a few times and it just confused the whole thing.

i was saying i had done (and could confirm) the vehicle thing- but also that you can level up classes like recon using the ump, you don't need to snipe to level it. that's all.

re-reading i don't know what i meant either ;)

17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    The SOFLAM is a recon unlock. So you need them to target with it for you. So it's a two man deal and things like that that require teamwork are always made more effective.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  18. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    My favorite vehicle so far is AA ones, i unlocked the heat seekers and the belt loader :D i <3 taking out choppers with it, although jets are a lil harder >_<

edit: ya i suck at killing ppl but im glad this game awards for non lethal and other types of point getting :eek:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is interesting information. I hope to find more confirmation of those things you pointed out.

digibucc says thanks.
  20. rampage

Thanks Received:
    applied to join the platoon.. john_1182

21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one who thinks a direct shot from an MBT shell should do more than just disable a heli? Like in BC2? Maybe there's an armor perk or something in play I haven't looked but still...

22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Amen to that. I totally suck with small arms and rely on Vehicles and stationary
    to keep from getting to frustrated. I did have fun playing support last night though.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  23. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well if you do the canister shell perk like erocker

hit the chopper with a shell then swap to canistor fire again boom chopper gone.

24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I did do that actually. It is easy enough to also destroy as it's goin down of course...

25. dank1983man420

dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    I just shot a person a few minutes ago who had ejected from a jet with a tank shell and nailed him from sniper distance. The shitty gunner I had was shooting at some guys on a hill and managed to catch it with laughter. I was never able to do that in BC2 in all of the times I have tried!

I was wondering if anyone wanted to do any coop missions? I keep on getting people who like to stare at walls and shoot rockets towards our troops so I can't get past the first mission:(

Crunching for Team TPU