1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Dude, get in the TS, and say hi. The big reason that noone was doing the same as you were last night, even though we were in a squad, was becuase as a squad, minus you, we were all focused on the same goal, which you had no idea of.:(

BF3 greatly rewards teamplay, so we gotta play as a team, we need to approach each objective as a team, and we need to communicate as a team. That teamwork is 100% the reason that all of us guys in TS can enter a server, and then take over, especially if on the losing team.

And I gotta say, there's some real good guys on the TS, too.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yep, you hit anyone dead on with a shell, you kill anyone. Mortar is great, when not mortaring I have maybe been killed by it 3 or 4 times, very rarely. They funneled these maps so damn bad that it promotes camping and stalements, and mortars break that up, I've got quite a few triple kills with mortar strikes because people huddle together so much. But someone on the other team with a mortar then makes it complicating, you need to fire then move, fire then move. I've gone solo mortaring vs 5 people mortaring on the other team, was not easy, think they got me a few times, but I was holding my own, just need to move quickly.

Mortar is great if you are good at using it, I kind of feel like a cheap ass using it, but it's balanced simply because mortar on the other team. To mortar you have to be in the wide open (I have killed myself with building rubble numerous times), so you are wide open to being hit with a mortar.

**EDIT**
    They finally added Mortar kills, I have 298, more than any gun, but I been switching between LMGs trying to find the one I like.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Interesting factoid. According to BFStats there are 170,000 people playing BF3 on PC currently. As a frame of reference, TF2 according to Steam has peaked at 56k so far today.

4. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Bumped my longest headshot to 595m! I am very proud of myself :D, no medal for it though lol.

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Hey nice

I know I know but I have my own reasons for shying away from using voice like you have yours for using a controller (tho mine are not physical) but I got it installed now and will use. At least to hear like I said tho I do have a mic hooked up too.

Last night I'm glad I wasn't on though cause I would not have been pwing at A alone or not... ;)

6. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Maybe Sandal will give you an ENCHANTMENT for it :)

You at least have the bragging rights of having the longest headshot of all your friends (I'm assuming, that's a pretty beast distance).

Also,

Just a note to all the config'ers out there. I think War Tapes combined with an unchecked enhanced stereo option is the best for directional sound (using sound to your advantage in multiplayer). Until I turned enhanced stereo off, I didn't have those cat-like reflexed snapping my view towards the sound of gunfire like I can pull off in other games.

Note: I am using an ASUS Xonar DX with Sennheiser PC 350's, so stereo sound.

random says thanks.
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Cool will give that a shot. I have CMSS 3D + a good pair of Senns too.

8. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  9. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    one thing i really cant wait to try with a team when i have stuff unlocked

bunch of people in back with smoke bombs in there mortar covering the area while i run in with irnv scope on and WTFPWN people like a boss

i did love smoking bomb sites out as assault on bfbc2 then planting

10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah when your in seine crossing and your pinned down on your side spawn with enemies in buildings and a few tanks and launching mortars you have nothing really you can do. Pop out get killed by a snipe in a building, stay hidden get killed by mortar or tank

11. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    i do hate just joining a server to get base raped and go 0-10 before new map

12. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    i just played for an hour or 3 and saw people making really basic mistakes... there should be a bunch of servers you can only get on if your skill is high enough....

i just cant get on with ignorant people on there... and why when you'll earn points from it do they not drop ammo... and using the anti air to damage every vehicle in your own base shooting down any choppers that took off FULL. i'm going out before i put my pc through the window...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  13. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to online gaming. It's painfully obvious in a game like this with a very high skill curve...

14. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Yep

Ok why all the hate for mortar anyways,Play a rush map with 32-64 men camping the m-coms .Good luck arming them with out mortars.Gee-sh I use it if the team is bottled up at a certain point,Take M-com A on Metro rush,I bet those cry babies who said" No Tank" on that map wish they had one now.Mortars are good at getting the team out of pickle,But as a straight out weapon it is no good,How many of you on Bazzar wish that Alley cap was not the stale mate it gets to be...call some mortars in......The one thing i notice about the last 3 days using mortar,Is if the guy is engineer and said guy switch kits and to do a quick mortar flashes up then bam your dead and when it switches back to kill cam the dude that got you is using recon or any other kit but support.Watch for the kit switch hax.

15. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Huh? This is beta footage and 97 of these problems have been corrected already, so fail.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  16. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Mumble for the Win!!!

17. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Any idea when a patch is being released?
    This game is still unplayable with the rubberband effect.

I've tried all the tips and fixes for this issue but nothing helps at all!

Also, why is it when I turn RAW mouse input on it messes everything up?
    Like. I move the mouse right, it goes in slow motion and it's delayed by 5 seconds?!?!?!?!
    I can't even press the Esc button right away as it needs to wait 5 seconds before it notices I have pressed it?!?!?!

I really want to play this game probably and I can't believe that I'm still waiting for enjoy it after a week :(

18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    This rubberbanding has got to be your connection. Get an IP of a server and do some ping and traceroutes and such and see if you are getting lots of packet loss.

19. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Servers are laggy as shit .... bad crap hardware at their end.

Found eurofighters.org 64 slot , europe , caspian border only , conquest large , best server currently for me , some people still lagging, those are individuals, zero server-lag.

Also the game becomes laggy if 2 vehicles collide ... that's a very weird bug and this stuff happend in so old games, network code :/, come on DICE.

Also take a look at this http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/132957565024878592 :D

20. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    It's weird how it works fine for some and others it doesn't. I'm one of the happy ones. Not really seen any probs apart from the EA backend issue.

random, digibucc and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    As said beta footage, you are starting to sound like Frick #2 :laugh:

Mortars don't work well for the alley flag on Grand Bazaar. Those stupid tarp canvases above that flag actually stop mortars from hitting the ground. Sometimes you will get lucky and weave one between the tarps for a kill, but it's not very often.

22. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Ah it's nothing to do with my connection, I first thought that it was but after testing I found nothing wrong with it!
    My brother experienced this for the first 2 days but now his runs perfectly and we both have the exact same system?!?!?!?! yet his runs perfectly and mine continues to suffer!
    Makes no sense at all :shadedshu

I Do believe it's something to do with EA. But once the patch is released and if my problem persists I will reformat my system and hope to god that sorts my issue out!

23. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Those two lines of thought collide into a flaming pile of failing dung.

random says thanks.
  24. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Load times without Origin
    Video

What he's implying is that Origin is effecting load times.

25. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I've had no lag or rubberbanding.